The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
this would actually be an insane draft but I think alot of these guys will go earlier than they did in this mock
Something would have to go extremely wrong for Verse leading up to the draft for him to be there at 30. In that simulation, Dallas Turner Alabama, Laiatu Latu UCLA and Chop Robinson Penn State were all taken before Verse. I can see Dallas taken before Verse, but Chop isn't better than Verse and definitely not Latu even though he's ranked higher than Verse recently.

Latu has a neck issue similar to what ended Orr's career. He got warned by at least 7 different doctors that he could get paralyzed if he keeps playing. He transferred to UCLA, found a doctor that said he was good and has been balling out ever since. I would be shocked if anyone other than the Lions take him in the 1st. If memory serves me right, the Lions were the only NFL team willing to still give Orr a shot after his diagnosis all those years ago, but he failed medical obviously.

I think Chris Braswell Alabama at pick 62 who went to St. Francis and grew up in Bmore would be good, but I think the Ravens got something against drafting guys from the state of Maryland. This draft will prove that to me beyond a shout of a doubt because there are several guys from Maryland in this draft that could help the Ravens. Cam Hart, Chris Braswell, Khyree Jackson, Chop Robinson and a few other guys I'm missing. The state is represented very well in this draft on the defensive side of the ball.

They should be able to get Johnny Wilson with that 93rd pick even if Keon isn't there. I think either of them will do well in this offense. If Johnny is gone too, but Brendan Rice is there, I think he'd do well here too at 6'3".

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
is he washed now? Also y'all think odell is staying or going?
Michael Thomas can't stay healthy and would be miserable and unmotivated in this offense. Ravens got a better chance of getting Kendrick Bourne, DJ Chark or Tyler Boyd before getting Thomas.

Odell is definitely gone unless he's wiling to get paid like 5m this year with 3-5m in incentives. I don't think the Ravens will be desperate enough to pay him what they paid him last season unless they don't get any of their top WRs in the draft. I'm sure Odell has been a cornerstone of Zay's development and other guys on the offense, but on the field, their are guys projected to be undrafted free agents that can put up Odell numbers.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
is he washed now? Also y'all think odell is staying or going?
Michael Thomas last good season was 2019

and Odell is 100% gone

don’t believe the bs reports about them trying to bring him back

They don’t want him back and I doubt he wants to come back to sit on the bench for 80% of the snaps

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
is the issue with the receiving core or the play calling for offense? Could be stacked either way but if the in game adjustments don't change anything, in a way, it doesn't matter who we draft or trade for. We get josh jacobs, saquon or derrick henry are they going to be utilized in a AFC Championship game.
I think its the receiving core and the fit

Bateman really doesn’t fit the scheme

Hes a route runner who’s better off in a timing/west coast offense

We have never used him properly in Romans or Mokens offense

Mokens offense is similar to Bruce Arians

We need downfield receivers with speed for this offense

guys like Brian Thomas Jr and AD Mitchell would be good fits for our offense but I doubt either will be on the board at 30 and we all know Decosta isn’t trading up

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think its the receiving core and the fit

Bateman really doesn’t fit the scheme

Hes a route runner who’s better off in a timing/west coast offense

We have never used him properly in Romans or Mokens offense

Mokens offense is similar to Bruce Arians

We need downfield receivers with speed for this offense

guys like Brian Thomas Jr and AD Mitchell would be good fits for our offense but I doubt either will be on the board at 30 and we all know Decosta isn’t trading up
We'll see. I think Thomas and Mitchell will be there, but I think they'll go OT at 30. I think the Chiefs will get AD.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone got any concerns with Russell Wilson going to the Squeelers? They swept the Ravens last year with Kenny Pickett and Mitch Trubisky. I don't think they jump to the favorite to win the division, but Russ should be much better in that offense.

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
no, Russ is washed. The Ravens have a steeler problem, as they have owned us in the lamar era but that’s how the division goes. We own the bengals, The bengals own the steelers , the browns own the bengals. 🤷🏾‍♂️

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
We'll see. I think Thomas and Mitchell will be there, but I think they'll go OT at 30. I think the Chiefs will get AD.
I think Thomas is gonna be the 4th receiver off the board

honestly I’d be surprised if he didn’t go top 15

I think Mitchell goes somewhere between 15-25

I prefer OT in the 1st too but I wouldn’t pass on Mitchell if he’s there at 30…unless Mims or Fautanu are still on the board

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Anyone got any concerns with Russell Wilson going to the Squeelers? They swept the Ravens last year with Kenny Pickett and Mitch Trubisky. I don't think they jump to the favorite to win the division, but Russ should be much better in that offense.
not worried at all

Russ is ass

Im happy they chose Russ instead of Justin Fields :whew: