The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Saw a report that the Dolphins are releasing Xavien Howard 3/13/24, start of the new league year. A few years ago, the Ravens were working on a trade to get him.

How do you all feel about the Ravens potentially signing him? No big money, but a team friendly deal.

I think he'd be good as the outside corner with Stephens on the other side. Marlon playing in the slot. Maybe they get a CB in the draft at 93, 131 or 134 depending on who's there and what they didn't address at 30 and 62. Should be some development guys too as UDFA.
I think the Ravens need to stop spending money on the defense and focus on the offense

shyt can get ugly real fast if they don’t invest in offense heavy this offseason

oline should be the top priority

receiver should also be a big priority

We’ll also need a RB with JK & Gus hitting free agency and Keahton might not be ready to start the season

They already have multiple DBs they drafted just sitting on the bench like Jaylon Armor-Davis,Pepe Williams,and Ardarius Washington

let them nikkas play and figure it out

stop spending all our resources every year on the defense

get some olinemen who can actually pass block and some receivers who aren’t past their prime

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

People online (other coaches and former players) were speaking very highly of Dennis Johnson.

I haven't heard anything about the other guys. Still looking for that veteran DC presence to help Zack keep the defense at a high level with regards to play calls and situational football.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think the Ravens need to stop spending money on the defense and focus on the offense

shyt can get ugly real fast if they don’t invest in offense heavy this offseason

oline should be the top priority

receiver should also be a big priority

We’ll also need a RB with JK & Gus hitting free agency and Keahton might not be ready to start the season

They already have multiple DBs they drafted just sitting on the bench like Jaylon Armor-Davis,Pepe Williams,and Ardarius Washington

let them nikkas play and figure it out

stop spending all our resources every year on the defense

get some olinemen who can actually pass block and some receivers who aren’t past their prime
There is no reason they can't address every position of need this draft with the 8 picks they have. I'm thinking they may trade down to get more picks, but they shouldn't need to. They can get some much needed depth and maybe a potential day 1 starter out of this draft with those 8 picks.

They definitely need to let the young DBs get some playing time. I want them to draft a Safety and CB in this draft, but based off their history, they probably won't let them play. If they don't address S, they can double dip on the oline at either OT or OG, but they absolutely need 1 of each.

Last edited:

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
i know yall love to hate on Harbaugh but he is a great hirer of talented coaches. his assistant coaches are good to great for the most part.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
There is no reason they can't address every position of need this draft with the 8 picks they have. I'm thinking they may trade down to get more picks, but they shouldn't need to. They can get some much needed depth and maybe a potential day 1 starter out of this draft with those 8 picks.

They definitely need to let the young DBs get some playing time. I want them to draft a Safety and CB in this draft, but based off their history, they probably won't let them play. If they don't address S, they can double dip on the oline at either OT or OG, but they absolutely need 1 of each.
why would you want to draft a safety when we already have an allpro safety and another one who is a probowl caliber player with a 80 million dollar contract

we have enough resources at that position

why waste another draft pick on defense just to have them sitting on the bench for 2-3 seasons while we need help on offense

they should stick to the strategy they used last year with signing vet free agents close to training camp for the defense

the majority of these draft picks need to be offense

we need atleast 3 olinemen,2 WRs,and a RB

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
why would you want to draft a safety when we already have an allpro safety and another one who is a probowl caliber player with a 80 million dollar contract

we have enough resources at that position

why waste another draft pick on defense just to have them sitting on the bench for 2-3 seasons while we need help on offense

they should stick to the strategy they used last year with signing vet free agents close to training camp for the defense

the majority of these draft picks need to be offense

we need atleast 3 olinemen,2 WRs,and a RB
My reasoning behind drafting a safety is because there are a few safeties that should be available in the 4th and 5th round that are very good replacements for Marcus Williams. Yes, he's signed through 2026, but he's had some availability issues since joining the Ravens. With Geno leaving, I don't know if they trust Ardarius to come in and fill either of those safety spots at this point. They may be able to get another UDFA gem at safety, but that's not always a lock.

They absolutely need some OTs, WRs and a RB, but they also need either an OLB/DE and/or a DB too. Unless somebody falls in the draft they really like at OG, I see them giving the guys they have a shot unless they really ain't doing shyt in training camp.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Colin Cowherd The Volume show has a former scout who works for him. This dude was with his Ravens buddies at the combine. Dude basically said Lamar got shook/tight cause he was going against Mahomes. And the OC did him no favors by trying to have him just out duel Mahomes.

Nothing really knew, but a shame people inside the building are saying that. They were trying to prop up Mahomes, but still.

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Colin Cowherd The Volume show has a former scout who works for him. This dude was was with his Ravens buddies at the combine. Dude basically said Lamar got shook/tight cause he was going against Mahomes. And the OC did him no favors by trying to have him just out duel Mahomes.

Nothing really knew, but a shame people inside the building ate saying that. They were trying to prop up Mahomes, but still.
sad if true smh dude cannot catch a break. OC was calling those plays not harbaugh? smh

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
the franchise tag deadline is tomorrow at 5pm so they have a little over 24 hours to get a Madubuike extension done

an extension means a lower year 1 cap number which would give us more money to spend in free agency

Im honestly not a fan of tagging Madubuike

We already have way too much money invested in the defense

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Watching the Super Bowl.

Cant believe the Ravens played soft zone on Kelce for an entire half. And refused to run the ball.
Bruh, I'm just now coming back! Before the game ended, I ignored the whole forum, unsubbed for every football** YT channel and subreddit b/c I knew what was coming. I knew Nick Wright was going to be UNBEARABLE and rightfully so. As soon as the fat lady sung, I made sure I was in an NFL-free environment in my internet life.

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Colin Cowherd The Volume show has a former scout who works for him. This dude was with his Ravens buddies at the combine. Dude basically said Lamar got shook/tight cause he was going against Mahomes. And the OC did him no favors by trying to have him just out duel Mahomes.

Nothing really knew, but a shame people inside the building are saying that. They were trying to prop up Mahomes, but still.

Do the Ravens have an in-house sports psychologist?

Seems like they do....
+
+
HC, OC, QB coach

I guess you don't want too many chefs in the kitchen but seems mostly on Harbaugh