The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
first year cap hit only $11 mill, they are definitely signing a RB in free agency.
Hope not, at least a costly one. Rather go with a Moss/Swift type and have more $$ to play with. Signing expensive RBs isn't this team's MO anyway.

Glad Madu got done. Just can't let a young, dominant DT walk.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Hope not, at least a costly one. Rather go with a Moss/Swift type and have more $$ to play with. Signing expensive RBs isn't this team's MO anyway.

Glad Madu got done. Just can't let a young, dominant DT walk.
RBs don’t make much so I wouldn’t mind spending on one

I just don’t get why the team reportedly wants Henry instead of Saquon

Saquon fits the scheme better,is a true 3 down back,and is 3 years younger

OTs and WRs get massively overpaid in free agency so those needs will have to be filled in the draft or by trade

If we are going to go after some free agents on offense it’s gonna be at the cheaper positions like RB and guard…maybe a #3 WR

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Browns got Jerry Juedy for a fukking 5th round pick smh

These are the type of trades Decosta should be making but hes too focused on the defense :beli:
I still have faith, he's focused on a RB and as far as WR, going to hopefully draft Xavier, WR we got right now are decent imo.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I still have faith, he's focused on a RB and as far as WR, going to hopefully draft Xavier, WR we got right now are decent imo.
Zay,Bateman,Agholor,and Tylan Wallace are our current receivers and Zay is the only one under contract past this season

I wouldnt call that a decent receiving core

unlike last years draft they actually have some big receivers in this draft

hopefully we take one

I like Worthy in the 2nd but we cant keep drafting these 5'9 165 lbs receivers

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Mock Draft 4.0 - In this scenario, no RB was drafted. Ravens addressed RB in free agency signing Barkley, Swift, Moss or Henry. The OGs on the roster are given a chance to earn a starting spot, so the Ravens did not target an OG in the draft. I think they'll sign an OG sometime closer to training camp. Ravens double dip on OT, CB and WR to help create depth.

Highly unlikely Verse is there at 30, but if he is, he's a no brainer for the Ravens. Kingsley and Foster are about where they should be in the real draft. I'm guessing Coleman slipped in the draft due to his slow 40 time. Auburn has 3 very good CBs in this draft. Ravens should prioritize getting at least one of them in the 4th or DJ James in 3rd.

I'll only spotlight a few draft picks instead of the full scouting report to cut down on the characters so I can post this.

Pick 30 - Jared Verse OLB/EDGE - Florida State
Verse brings a seasoned pass-rush plan to the table, executing a myriad of initial and counter moves with polished technique and shrewd decision-making. The explosive first step is a cornerstone of his game, dictating pass-rush scenarios by imposing his will and disrupting offensive linemen's rhythm off the snap. Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 26. He wrote: "another year at FSU has enabled him to continue to develop, both physically and in his on-field skill set. At 6-3 1/2, 260 pounds, Verse power-cleans 360 pounds, squats 555 and benches 455, but he also has excellent burst, running 21.14 MPH in a game with a max acceleration of 5.85m/s with a max deceleration of -6.98m/s." Exceptional bend and flexibility allow Verse to exploit the edge, dipping under offensive tackles and maintaining a tight, efficient path to the quarterback. Natural athletic gifts are evident in his lateral agility, enabling effective redirection and counter moves that continue to confound protective schemes. His functional strength shouldn't be understated – Verse consistently delivers powerful punches and showcases the ability to hold his ground against heavier opponents. The motor on Verse runs incessantly, reflecting a high-effort player who brings relentless energy and pursuit from snap to whistle on every down. Hand usage is a notable strength, displaying rapid and potent strikes that effectively navigate through opposing linemen's blocks to disrupt the backfield. A hallmark of his game, the palpable explosiveness, permeates through his every move, asserting dominance in gap penetration and providing a perpetual disruptive presence. Verse, while maintaining exterior leverage, occasionally overshoots, enabling offensive schemes to exploit created lanes, undermining the run defense’s integrity and effectiveness. Despite a robust and physical approach to run defense, there's a discernible lack of control in his tackling, often resulting in missed opportunities in the backfield. While the collegiate tackle-for-loss numbers are there, skepticism arises regarding the translatability of those statistics to the NFL, demanding further refinement in his approach. Anticipation and mental processing in run scenarios require elevation; enhancing block recognition and reactionary quickness out of his stance remains a pivotal area for development. Verse's effective hand usage in pass-rush scenarios demands translation into run defense, ensuring that generated power and jolt are equivalently impactful across all play types.

Pick 62 - Kingsley Suamataia OT - BYU
Already covered in previous mock drafts.

Pick 93 - Keon Coleman WR - Florida State

Pick 129 - Javon Foster OT - Missouri

Pick 134 - Nehemiah Pritchett CB - Auburn
Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield. Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills. Has the length and speed to emerge as a starter two or three years down the line. Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme. Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. Pritchett has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball. Has a nice, low backpedal and shows the click-and-close ability to play off his man. Pritchett also has the good long speed to turn and run as a press coverage guy and the powerful hands to disrupt receivers early in the route. Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off. Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position. Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.

Pick 164 - Jarrian Jones CB - Florida State

Pick 228 - Logan Lee DT/DE - Iowa
With a powerful lower body and the ability to hold up at the point of attack as a run defender, Lee is remarkably instinctive. A savvy, versatile and instinctive edge rusher who did a little bit of everything, he was especially effective getting to the quarterback. His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers. As a pass rusher, he shows quickness off the line and has the fluid athleticism and flexibility to bend the edge. Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor. His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run. He’s very much a work in progress with his hand in the dirt. Lee doesn’t play with ideal physicality, often failing to set the edge as a run defender. Only average lower-body strength and struggles to anchor at the point of attack. Bit of a defensive end/defensive tackle "tweener" who struggles in traffic with multiple blockers, not always using his limbs effectively to disengage. Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.

Pick 250 - Jalen Coker WR - Holy Cross
He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Coker shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws. Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield. He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as he is taking the top off a defense. A major factor is his size, strength and explosive athleticism, but he also has a knack for tracking and high-pointing the ball. Coker also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, he has the speed to pick. up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle. Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field. Coker plays with a smoothness and balance, and he shows a knack for setting up defensive backs. His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Coker too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands. He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage. Coker seems comfortable in traffic to the point where he doesn’t make the effort to create separation.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Zay,Bateman,Agholor,and Tylan Wallace are our current receivers and Zay is the only one under contract past this season

hopefully we take one

Keon Coleman, Johnny WIlson and Brian Thomas are all over 6'3" with Johnny being 6'6". Keon and Johnny should be available when the Ravens pick in the rounds these guys are projected based off the simulations I'm running. I think they'll get either Johnny or Keon honestly. They seem to want a big body on the outside and honestly, that's all the wide receiver core is missing since they have Flowers as the deep threat and (ideally) Bateman as the possession guy. Brian Thomas is a bigger slot receiver, but he's unproven since he only had 1 good year at LSU.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I missed the Jeudy trade. That's a shame the Ravens didn't make a play for him. I know they love draft picks and probably didn't think they had enough to trade for Jeudy, but he would've complimented Flowers and Bateman really well. Ravens appear to be going younger in the receiver room this season. Agholor might be the veteran WR all season.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Mock Draft 4.0 - In this scenario, no RB was drafted. Ravens addressed RB in free agency signing Barkley, Swift, Moss or Henry. The OGs on the roster are given a chance to earn a starting spot, so the Ravens did not target an OG in the draft. I think they'll sign an OG sometime closer to training camp. Ravens double dip on OT, CB and WR to help create depth.

Highly unlikely Verse is there at 30, but if he is, he's a no brainer for the Ravens. Kingsley and Foster are about where they should be in the real draft. I'm guessing Coleman slipped in the draft due to his slow 40 time. Auburn has 3 very good CBs in this draft. Ravens should prioritize getting at least one of them in the 4th or DJ James in 3rd.

I'll only spotlight a few draft picks instead of the full scouting report to cut down on the characters so I can post this.

Pick 30 - Jared Verse OLB/EDGE - Florida State
Verse brings a seasoned pass-rush plan to the table, executing a myriad of initial and counter moves with polished technique and shrewd decision-making. The explosive first step is a cornerstone of his game, dictating pass-rush scenarios by imposing his will and disrupting offensive linemen's rhythm off the snap. Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 26. He wrote: "another year at FSU has enabled him to continue to develop, both physically and in his on-field skill set. At 6-3 1/2, 260 pounds, Verse power-cleans 360 pounds, squats 555 and benches 455, but he also has excellent burst, running 21.14 MPH in a game with a max acceleration of 5.85m/s with a max deceleration of -6.98m/s." Exceptional bend and flexibility allow Verse to exploit the edge, dipping under offensive tackles and maintaining a tight, efficient path to the quarterback. Natural athletic gifts are evident in his lateral agility, enabling effective redirection and counter moves that continue to confound protective schemes. His functional strength shouldn't be understated – Verse consistently delivers powerful punches and showcases the ability to hold his ground against heavier opponents. The motor on Verse runs incessantly, reflecting a high-effort player who brings relentless energy and pursuit from snap to whistle on every down. Hand usage is a notable strength, displaying rapid and potent strikes that effectively navigate through opposing linemen's blocks to disrupt the backfield. A hallmark of his game, the palpable explosiveness, permeates through his every move, asserting dominance in gap penetration and providing a perpetual disruptive presence. Verse, while maintaining exterior leverage, occasionally overshoots, enabling offensive schemes to exploit created lanes, undermining the run defense’s integrity and effectiveness. Despite a robust and physical approach to run defense, there's a discernible lack of control in his tackling, often resulting in missed opportunities in the backfield. While the collegiate tackle-for-loss numbers are there, skepticism arises regarding the translatability of those statistics to the NFL, demanding further refinement in his approach. Anticipation and mental processing in run scenarios require elevation; enhancing block recognition and reactionary quickness out of his stance remains a pivotal area for development. Verse's effective hand usage in pass-rush scenarios demands translation into run defense, ensuring that generated power and jolt are equivalently impactful across all play types.

Pick 62 - Kingsley Suamataia OT - BYU

Pick 93 - Keon Coleman WR - Florida State

Pick 129 - Javon Foster OT - Missouri

Pick 134 - Nehemiah Pritchett CB - Auburn
Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield. Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills. Has the length and speed to emerge as a starter two or three years down the line. Anticipation skills and explosive, downhill burst could make him a star in zone-based scheme. Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. Pritchett has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball. Has a nice, low backpedal and shows the click-and-close ability to play off his man. Pritchett also has the good long speed to turn and run as a press coverage guy and the powerful hands to disrupt receivers early in the route. Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off. Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position. Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.

Pick 164 - Jarrian Jones CB - Florida State

Pick 228 - Logan Lee DT/DE - Iowa
With a powerful lower body and the ability to hold up at the point of attack as a run defender, Lee is remarkably instinctive. A savvy, versatile and instinctive edge rusher who did a little bit of everything, he was especially effective getting to the quarterback. His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers. As a pass rusher, he shows quickness off the line and has the fluid athleticism and flexibility to bend the edge. Quick first step with fluid movements off the ball. Highly competitive and fierce, showing relentless effort to the pocket with a nonstop motor. His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run. He’s very much a work in progress with his hand in the dirt. Lee doesn’t play with ideal physicality, often failing to set the edge as a run defender. Only average lower-body strength and struggles to anchor at the point of attack. Bit of a defensive end/defensive tackle "tweener" who struggles in traffic with multiple blockers, not always using his limbs effectively to disengage. Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.

Pick 250 - Jalen Coker WR - Holy Cross
He’s coordinated with soft, reliable hands, and Coker shows the ability to adjust to balls thrown behind him, as well as a knack for digging out low throws. Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield. He’s equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as he is taking the top off a defense. A major factor is his size, strength and explosive athleticism, but he also has a knack for tracking and high-pointing the ball. Coker also proved to be a force in catch-and-run situations. A violent runner who transitions upfield quickly after the catch, he has the speed to pick. up chunks of yardage once he’s broken the first tackle. Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field. Coker plays with a smoothness and balance, and he shows a knack for setting up defensive backs. His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Coker too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands. He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage. Coker seems comfortable in traffic to the point where he doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
this would actually be an insane draft but I think alot of these guys will go earlier than they did in this mock

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I missed the Jeudy trade. That's a shame the Ravens didn't make a play for him. I know they love draft picks and probably didn't think they had enough to trade for Jeudy, but he would've complimented Flowers and Bateman really well. Ravens appear to be going younger in the receiver room this season. Agholor might be the veteran WR all season.
I hope so because those Michael Thomas rumors pissed me off :heh:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

hopefully we take one

is the issue with the receiving core or the play calling for offense? Could be stacked either way but if the in game adjustments don't change anything, in a way, it doesn't matter who we draft or trade for. We get josh jacobs, saquon or derrick henry are they going to be utilized in a AFC Championship game.