The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
We have enough skill players on offense. We just completely decided to abandon the offensive play style that got us here in the first place.
we are gonna have to add some receivers

Odell,Agholor,and Duv are free agents

I think Zay and Bate are the only receivers we have under contract next year but I agree we had the skill players to win it all this year

just came with a piss poor gameplan against the defending champs smh

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. They aren’t awful at the skill positions, but they’re nowhere near good enough to ask Lamar to drop back to pass 45 times against the #2 defense in the league.
We only threw that much cause we were behind. We still threw too much for sure
the thing is they didnt abandon the run

they never ran it the whole game

shyt makes absolutely no sense

I cant even put all the blame on Monken cause Lamar has the power to change plays

its on him that we didnt run it enough
Yea I don't get it. Chiefs stuffed alot of runs we did but still. Where were the RPOs? Just a bad day top to bottom. We held their offense in check and still lost. Just Devastating

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Lamar shares blame. When you got 2 MVPs you have to shoulder it.

This should have been critical of Harbaugh/Monken why the game was close. However, if Lamar makes certain plays they probably win by a FG.

He was late on what would have been a deep TD to Flowers (who then fumbled afterwards)
If he stopped overthrowing Odell they get a TD or PI on the 1 yard line.

Greatness should overcome coaching blunders every now and then. Just needed good Lamar.

But Lamar didn’t really have much time to throw in the 1st half while Mahomes had all day. So, the coach should’ve made his job easier with those textbook check down to Hill or Odell in the slot. Also, playing Andrews whilst making him the center of the offense was just stupid - Likely should’ve started the game.

Granted Lamar missed some throws but he’s human & he was playing under pressure. The coach should have helped him out by easing him into the game…that’s what Andy Reid did with Mahomes by designing easy plays for him to Kelce.

And they could have won if Flowers didn’t decide to kill the momentum with 2 boneheaded plays back to back.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
4We have enough skill players on offense. We just completely decided to abandon the offensive play style that got us here in the first place.

:what:

did you watch the game and see when CBS show the overshot view from Lamar … his receivers could not get any separation - Agholor , Beckham & Bateman ain’t gonna do it

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Lamar missed a couple throws in the first half and had that unforgivably bad pick in the 4th, but nobody else on the offense or the coaching staff was any good. Edwards had a 15 yard run on the touchdown drive and had 2 attempts the entire rest of the game. Lamar threw the ball 37 times, took 4 sacks, and ran 4-5 times when he was chased out of the pocket and took off since nobody was open. That’s 44-45 passing plays called to 11-12 rushing plays called. Unless you have Peyton Manning and the collection of guys he was throwing to under center, that’s unacceptable.

I put that pick on nerves cos I think he just went with Likely signaling that he’s open (when he isn’t). On the same play - I think Bateman was open.

I think if Flowers hadn’t fumbled the ball earlier & they weren’t desperate to put points on the board - that’s a throw he wouldn’t have made.

Anyway, I still blame the game plan & that falls on the coach. Just run the darn ball.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
But Lamar didn’t really have much time to throw in the 1st half while Mahomes had all day. So, the coach should’ve made his job easier with those textbook check down to Hill or Odell in the slot. Also, playing Andrews whilst making him the center of the offense was just stupid - Likely should’ve started the game.

Granted Lamar missed some throws but he’s human & he was playing under pressure. The coach should have helped him out by easing him into the game…that’s what Andy Reid did with Mahomes by designing easy plays for him to Kelce.

And they could have won if Flowers didn’t decide to kill the momentum with 2 boneheaded plays back to back.
Flowers definitely killed momentum. Play calling wasnt great the 1st half.

However, Im talking HIS greatness figuring it out anyway. If he gets the ball to Flowers early its a TD. Dont force the throw to Likely and take the wide open Hill underneath and maybe you still get the td that drive.

Again its not asking Lamar to be great with poor play calling. If he's just solid they still probably win. Solid mean just making the couple of great plays needed to win anyway.

If you think about it Mahomes only made a couple great plays and avoided turnovers. That would have been enough for this kinda game.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

However, Im talking HIS greatness figuring it out anyway. If he gets the ball to Flowers early its a TD. Dont force the throw to Likely and take the wide open Hill underneath and maybe you still get the td that drive.

Again its not asking Lamar to be great with poor play calling. If he's just solid they still probably win. Solid mean just making the couple of great plays needed to win anyway.

If you think about it Mahomes only made a couple great plays and avoided turnovers. That would have been enough for this kinda game.
And that's why I've been saying all season long that he is still the best QB in the league. He makes the right play when it needs to be made unlike the rest of the QBs in the league. Which is why I say you can't put anyone playing in the conversation with him. Everyone is trying to catch him while he's focused on catching all time greats.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We only threw that much cause we were behind. We still threw too much for sure

Yea I don't get it. Chiefs stuffed alot of runs we did but still. Where were the RPOs? Just a bad day top to bottom. We held their offense in check and still lost. Just Devastating
They were never down by more than 10 points and called plays like they were down 21 all game. Had to get big chunks on every play too. Their coaches panicked when down 7 points in the 2nd quarter. I just texted a friend of mine that I don’t think Cam Cameron ever called a game this bad, and his 2010 games vs New England and Houston, as well as at home vs Pittsburgh are still seared in my mind with how badly he called plays. Monken called plays like they were the greatest show on turf with Issac Bruce, Ricky Prohel, and Torry **** running routes out there going against the 2006-08 era Vikings defense (#1 against the run, dead last against the pass). This loss absolutely falls on coaching before anyone else. Kansas City was 18th in rushing yards allowed and 24th in yards per carry allowed this year.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Moken definitely deserves blame for this piss poor gameplan but if Lamar plays better we win this game

we got down to the redzone 3 times in the 2nd half and came away with 3 points

The Flowers fumble sealed the game. Score that and Lamar would’ve played with more caution.

You should know by now that bad things happen whenever Lamar decides to start forcing things. He & Josh Allen are the same player when they force the issue under pressure - they’re not built like Mahomes & Burrow.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

did you watch the game and see when CBS show the overshot view from Lamar view of us receivers could get any separation Agholor , Beckham & Bateman ain’t gonna do it
It’s the AFC Championship and the Chiefs have an elite defensive secondary. You’re not going to see WRs running wide open all game , especially when your play calling is stale and you don’t run the ball to keep them honest. The Chiefs offense shows this perfectly.

Yup, Mahomes, although he was up this game, knows when to take chances and check down consistently when needed. It’s not just about making big plays in these playoff games but not shooting yourselves in the foot with turnovers/penalties/ chasing big plays.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
now the real season begins does harbaugh get a contract extension
After this, the answer needs to be no. He’s 3-7 in the playoffs against Belichick, Manning, Tomlin, and Andy Reid. Great coaches embarrass him like clockwork and he’s 1-3 in the conference title game. We’ve had this guy around for 16 years and he can’t even step in when his OC is basically throwing the game because he’s so uninvolved on offense even after this long. I’ll take my chances with whoever else they can find.