The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man, KC and Buffalo aside, Houston is coming. Stroud and Mahomes gonna be breaking hearts in the playoffs for years to come unless the Ravens make some changes.

They need to get some OT and CB help in the draft. They need to resign Madabuike. They're losing Van Noy, Clowney, Stone and Queen off the top of my head. Pass rusher needs to be addressed just in case Oweh, Bowser and Ojabo aren't the answer. Personally, I'd figure something out with Williams and keep Stone, but his cap hit is like 16m or some shyt. Simpson will do well in place of Queen.

Team needs to get more depth fast.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This was PI but also retarded as hell. Dude threw into triple coverage like it was a hail mary.
It was a terrible decision but after watching the replay Likely would’ve had a chance if the corner didn’t tackle him before the ball got there

Still think Lamar should’ve just ran it that play

He had a lane

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't think Lamar wanted to take too many hits and get knocked out the game. Chiefs was filling his running lanes pretty well and had a spy. Lamar trying to manipulate the spy by throwing did make sense as a strategy.

Lamar just needed the mental focus to not get too low and not get tired of nickel and dime down the field.

It's funny how people talk about throwing guys open....when this really the first season Lamar did it well many times, lol. I was saying he feasted off busted coverage and most teams being afraid to play man defense cause he might burn them with a run for years and I was a hater. Why are Lamar Stans now just admitting his deficiencies as a passer!?!? This is odd.
the running lanes were wide open in the 4th quarter and there was no spy

I seriously don’t understand why he wasn’t taking those runs

I agree with you about nickel and diming tho

thats Lamars biggest weakness IMO

his checkdown is always open and he rarely uses it

Likely could’ve had 10 catches yesterday but Lamar was always looking for the deep ball

He has to mature as a passer and stop trying to play hero ball all the time

just make the right throws and allow your receivers to make plays

To me this is the biggest difference between QBs like Mahomes & Burrow and QBs like Lamar & Allen

Burrow will kill you all day with checkdowns to his TE and Mixon then hit you over the top when you come down to try and take away the checkdown

Lamar will ignore the wide open checkdown and just hold the ball waiting for a big play to open up

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Refs aside, the offensive game plan was horrible. Everytime this Harbaugh coached Ravens team plays a team that sucks against the pass or the run, the Ravens attack their strength. It goes against conventional wisdom and common sense. I don't know if they wanted to pass thinking the run would be there because KC couldn't stop the run all season and even last week or what, but it makes no sense. Harbaugh thinks he's the smartest man in the room and it causes this team games every season.

Lamar has got to make better, quicker decisions with the football. He has got to learn leverage by defenders and throwing into windows. Instead of waiting for receivers to get open, throw them open or anticipate the defenders leverage and throw to the spot your receiver has the highest probability of catching the ball. On top of that, you're the most dynamic runner at the quarterback position in the history of the NFL! Run the fukking ball and use your FULL skill set!

The defense played well, but the plan to shut down Kelce failed miserably. Not only from the stat line, but the mental aspect of it. They let that shytbag clown make them play out of character drawing penalties. Hamilton and Ro are dogs, but Kelce and Mahomes are wolves. You gotta kill wolves. They should've done what they needed to do to knock one of them out the game. Be labeled dirty, be fined...fukk it...they gotta be knocked out the game.

KC disrespected this team and this city. I know we've all seen the pre game shyt going on with Tucker, Maulet and the KC players. It pisses me off that Kelce talked shyt all game and even got Van Noy for a penalty. No one on the defense got any big hits on him...shyt pisses me off.

The team went out like some bytches.

Have any of yall seen the post game celebration by Felix Anundike-Uzomah? He went on live and a bunch of their players were mocking the Baltimore accent. Under any other circumstances, its a little funny when some people make fun of the accent. However, the shyt they did is beyond football. Some shyt beyond a game needs to happen to them. They made it more than football.
Comes back to the coach. They’ve always lacked mental toughness under Harbaugh and have always been prone to shooting themselves in the foot. Between his lack of X’s and O’s acumen, his awful track record against great coaches, and his inability to take accountability, I don’t see how this team can expect us to trust any ravens squad he coaches. If you go back through the last 40 years of champions, the only coaches I feel confident saying he’s better than that guy are Barry Switzer with the 1995 cowboys and Mike McCarthy with the 2010 packers. It’s an unreasonable ask to expect your players to beat teams led by Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, or Peyton Manning in spite of their head coach and offensive coordinator.

I don't think Lamar wanted to take too many hits and get knocked out the game. Chiefs was filling his running lanes pretty well and had a spy. Lamar trying to manipulate the spy by throwing did make sense as a strategy.

Lamar just needed the mental focus to not get too low and not get tired of nickel and dime down the field.

It's funny how people talk about throwing guys open....when this really the first season Lamar did it well many times, lol. I was saying he feasted off busted coverage and most teams being afraid to play man defense cause he might burn them with a run for years and I was a hater. Why are Lamar Stans now just admitting his deficiencies as a passer!?!? This is odd.
We’re all aware of what Lamar does well and what he struggles with. The issue this game is that the ravens offense is built around the running game and their coaches decided to abandon the run before the game even kicked off and only wanted to throw deep out of the shotgun all game. On top of beating the defending champs, Lamar would’ve had to overcome his own coach and coordinator to lead the ravens to a win yesterday. These receivers aren’t good enough and the line wasn’t good enough to beat the chiefs top shelf pass defense without establishing the run. That’s where the issue starts. A week prior they switched it up and ran the ball more in the second half. This week they doubled down. Most teams don’t win games when calling 45+ passes to 11 runs all game no matter who they play.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You better believe Niners will give CMAC 30 carries in the SB

And Purdy will I don’t know scramble and take advantage of the running lanes?
lions had him looking like barry sanders yesterday so yes lol

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Refs aside, the offensive game plan was horrible. Everytime this Harbaugh coached Ravens team plays a team that sucks against the pass or the run, the Ravens attack their strength. It goes against conventional wisdom and common sense. I don't know if they wanted to pass thinking the run would be there because KC couldn't stop the run all season and even last week or what, but it makes no sense. Harbaugh thinks he's the smartest man in the room and it causes this team games every season.

Lamar has got to make better, quicker decisions with the football. He has got to learn leverage by defenders and throwing into windows. Instead of waiting for receivers to get open, throw them open or anticipate the defenders leverage and throw to the spot your receiver has the highest probability of catching the ball. On top of that, you're the most dynamic runner at the quarterback position in the history of the NFL! Run the fukking ball and use your FULL skill set!

The defense played well, but the plan to shut down Kelce failed miserably. Not only from the stat line, but the mental aspect of it. They let that shytbag clown make them play out of character drawing penalties. Hamilton and Ro are dogs, but Kelce and Mahomes are wolves. You gotta kill wolves. They should've done what they needed to do to knock one of them out the game. Be labeled dirty, be fined...fukk it...they gotta be knocked out the game.

KC disrespected this team and this city. I know we've all seen the pre game shyt going on with Tucker, Maulet and the KC players. It pisses me off that Kelce talked shyt all game and even got Van Noy for a penalty. No one on the defense got any big hits on him...shyt pisses me off.

The team went out like some bytches.

Have any of yall seen the post game celebration by Felix Anundike-Uzomah? He went on live and a bunch of their players were mocking the Baltimore accent. Under any other circumstances, its a little funny when some people make fun of the accent. However, the shyt they did is beyond football. Some shyt beyond a game needs to happen to them. They made it more than football.

I aint mad at it :manny:

They won so they get to gloat

be mad at our players for giving the game away

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Hey…to the winner go the spoils, or w/e it is. They can jone to their heart’s content.

That said, I believe the 49ers’ll take ‘em out. They’ve had 2 wake-up calls in 2 games and responded. Feels like they won’t be denied. Better overall team than ‘19’s, too.

Still hard for me to analyze/process what happened last night. If you told me that our defense would hold that team to 17 points, shutting them out in the 2nd half to boot, I’d have gone looking for Vegas airfare.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Hey…to the winner go the spoils, or w/e it is. They can jone to their heart’s content.

That said, I believe the 49ers’ll take ‘em out. They’ve had 2 wake-up calls in 2 games and responded. Feels like they won’t be denied. Better overall team than ‘19’s, too.

Still hard for me to analyze/process what happened last night. If you told me that our defense would hold that team to 17 points, shutting them out in the 2nd half to boot, I’d have gone looking for Vegas airfare.
Tough, tough loss. You hold the Chiefs to 17 in the game at home, you have to win.