The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could say that easily about the 2019 team and look what happened.
Not at all. The 2019 was one dimensional on offense and defense. Diversity and adaptability make the 2023 special since both units have a multitude of ways to exploit the opposing team…now let’s see what happens.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope you are right.

Certain fans are cocky about this game and expecting a blow out. The Ravens only beat this Grover sounding "Mexican food" eating dude one time in 5 tries.

I just hope Lamar plays looser than he did the first half of the Texans game. They looked like they were playing to not lose the game, not win it outright.

Lamar gotta play loose, the receivers gotta want to catch every ball he throws regardless of where it's thrown.

The defense gotta hit Pacheco hard everytime. No matter if he's running the rock or trying to pick up the blitz. Knock his ass out the game and keep Mahomes from scrambling and extending plays. Knock Kelce out the game too. Take his options away from him early!

No sacks against the Texans who have a worse oline than the Chiefs is concerning. They gotta generate pressure AND SACKS consistently with 4 so they can cover all his receiving options.

I hope the Ravens do blow them out because we know if it's close Harbaugh gonna do some dumb shyt and blow the game. Blow them out to take the game out of Harbaugh's overthinking ass.
First half had nothing to do with Lamar playing tight or Ravens playing not to lose.

Outside of the Texans punt return for a TD, Ravens still scored 10 points on offense. Ravens simply changed their route concepts to support shorter/intermediate concepts instead of long developing plays. Once again Ravens adaptable and adjust. Ravens have an answer to the blitz.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope you are right.

Certain fans are cocky about this game and expecting a blow out. The Ravens only beat this Grover sounding "Mexican food" eating dude one time in 5 tries.

I just hope Lamar plays looser than he did the first half of the Texans game. They looked like they were playing to not lose the game, not win it outright.

Lamar gotta play loose, the receivers gotta want to catch every ball he throws regardless of where it's thrown.

The defense gotta hit Pacheco hard everytime. No matter if he's running the rock or trying to pick up the blitz. Knock his ass out the game and keep Mahomes from scrambling and extending plays. Knock Kelce out the game too. Take his options away from him early!

No sacks against the Texans who have a worse oline than the Chiefs is concerning. They gotta generate pressure AND SACKS consistently with 4 so they can cover all his receiving options.

I hope the Ravens do blow them out because we know if it's close Harbaugh gonna do some dumb shyt and blow the game. Blow them out to take the game out of Harbaugh's overthinking ass.

Texans had no offensive possessions in their red zone. Ravens defense caused an intentional grounding call. They generated consistent pressure to stiffle the Texans offense.
This is where watching the game>>>box score reading.

It’s lazy to read a stat sheet of “0 sacks” and be concerned when the offense couldn’t even get to their red zone lol

Let’s get back to nuance of watching the game instead of surface level box score takes.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Texans had no offensive possessions in their red zone. Ravens defense caused an intentional grounding call. They generated consistent pressure to stiffle the Texans offense.
This is where watching the game>>>box score reading.

It’s lazy to read a stat sheet of “0 sacks” and be concerned when the offense couldn’t even get to their red zone lol

Let’s get back to nuance of watching the game instead of surface level box score takes.

:dahell:

The sacks matter...hitting the QB matters. The Chiefs ain't the Texans. The Chiefs have much better coaches and a better oline than the Texans. They didn't sack CJ against a subpar oline. If they can't hit Mahomes, he's not going to be scared to drop back and hold the ball longer to extend plays.

I played the game at a high level. I never watch the game like a fan because I know to much about this game then to watch it like a fan.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

The sacks matter...hitting the QB matters. The Chiefs ain't the Texans. The Chiefs have much better coaches and a better oline than the Texans. They didn't sack CJ against a subpar oline. If they can't hit Mahomes, he's not going to be scared to drop back and hold the ball longer to extend plays.

I played the game at a high level. I never watch the game like a fan because I know to much about this game then to watch it like a fan.
The Ravens allowed 3 points on offense
The Ravens didn’t allow the Texans a single snap in their red zone

Nobody said sacks doesn’t matter. There’s more components of an effective defense than sacks.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
First half had nothing to do with Lamar playing tight or Ravens playing not to lose.

Outside of the Texans punt return for a TD, Ravens still scored 10 points on offense. Ravens simply changed their route concepts to support shorter/intermediate concepts instead of long developing plays. Once again Ravens adaptable and adjust. Ravens have an answer to the blitz.
This is the main thing if you watched the game. Hell I think evne the announcers said it in one of the slow mo replays highlighting the defense getting to lamar. All the receivers still had their back to him when he was being pressured lol.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the main thing if you watched the game. Hell I think evne the announcers said it in one of the slow mo replays highlighting the defense getting to lamar. All the receivers still had their back to him when he was being pressured lol.
Exactly - “if you watched the game”.

Dudes watched highlights, then start putting extras like “played tight”, “couldn’t beat the blitz”.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Exactly - “if you watched the game”.

Dudes watched highlights, then start putting extras like “played tight”, “couldn’t beat the blitz”.
Highlight my ass. Never said he couldn't beat the blitz. You the one injected "extras."

Lamar was holding the ball in the first half for over 3.5 seconds. In the second half he was holding it for 2.7 seconds. If you watch the All22, you'd see that receivers where open in the first half, but Lamar didn't throw it. He looked like he didn't want to make a mistake and was playing tight.

You can ignore my post if you're going to input your extras. This will be the last time I address you. Women like to input extras. If I wanted to waste my time talking to a woman online, I wouldn't be in the Coliseum.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Highlight my ass. Never said he couldn't beat the blitz. You the one injected "extras."

Lamar was holding the ball in the first half for over 3.5 seconds. In the second half he was holding it for 2.7 seconds. If you watch the All22, you'd see that receivers where open in the first half, but Lamar didn't throw it. He looked like he didn't want to make a mistake and was playing tight.

You can ignore my post if you're going to input your extras. This will be the last time I address you. Women like to input extras. If I wanted to waste my time talking to a woman online, I wouldn't be in the Coliseum.
The major reason why Lamar was holding the ball is cause they were calling longer developing routes to beat zone, but the Texans were playing heavy blitz/man coverage. The pass game plan against the Texans was to deal with zone since the Texans were the lowest in the league at blitzing and using man coverage during the season (heard this on pff).

It’s why the passing game switched to more quicker routes and reads after halftime.

jesc07

Pro
Daps

I think he was rusty. Took him a half to readjust to game speed.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"Dudes" plural...wasn't directed at a singular person (you).

The receivers had their back facing Lamar, and they weren't open.
You should ask, is why Lamar held the ball for over 3.5 seconds? Easy...the routes were still developing.
Lamar said it in the post-game conference, suggesting quicker throws and shorter routes during half-time.