The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The 2016 pats were worse on the ground than the 2004 team which had all pro Corey Dillon so I don’t know why that’s a slight.

In regards to the 2000 ravens defenses they faced nobody though, especially at the QB position. What the 15 broncos in the playoffs and the 13 Seahawks did in the SB was more impressive.

Honestly 2006 Ravens>2000 ravens. The performance against the colts in the divisional is one for the ages
Sure the 2004 squad ran for more yards at 0.2 yards more per carry, but it’s night and day when comparing their passing game. Brady threw for 3600 yards and 29 scores to 14 picks in 2004 while the pats qb’s combined for 4300 passing yards and 32 touchdowns to 2 picks all year. I’ll give you the broncos had a tougher task in the Super Bowl, but not Seattle. Regardless of how good Peyton and the skill positions were, Denver was screwed out the gate off how beat up their offensive line was. They were down 3 starters going into the game and I think they were on their 3rd string center, who set the tone on the first play from scrimmage when he snapped the ball over Peyton’s enormous head and through the back on the end zone. It also didn’t help that Denver got 0 sacks & 0 turnovers on defense while the defense gave up 27 points to the Seahawks offense with all 3 Seattle touchdowns being red zone scores too.

The 2006 ravens were definitely a better team and absolutely one of the greatest defenses ever (they did also face better quarterbacks than the 2000 lineup did), but their defense wasn’t as good as the 2000 unit was. It’s a goddamn shame that unit doesn’t get its praise because of how the offense blew it against the colts (especially watching McNair break down on a drive by drive basis).

You can only play who is in front of you. What the Ravens defense accomplished in 2000 without the help of an offense who went many weeks without scoring a single TD can’t be understated. That defense statistically is the greatest defense ever. You have to be joking about the 2006 Ravens D. Something to be said about winning the SB vs losing divisional round :comeon:
60 sacks on the year (2nd only to the chargers whose leading sacked failed a drug test :sas2:), 28 picks to 16 td passes allowed, 2nd in net yards per attempt allowed, 1st in rushing touchdowns allowed with 5, 2nd in yards per carry allowed and 2nd in rushing yards allowed. Led the league in average yards, time, plays, and points allowed per drive. Led the league in total points allowed at 201, which is 12.6 per game. For some perspective, the 2013 Seahawks gave up 231 points, the 2008 Steelers gave up 223 (that’s another defense that really gets slept on. Super Bowl aside that was absolutely a historically great defense), the 1985 bears gave up 198, and the 2002 buccaneers gave up 196.

The 2006 defense more than did its job in that divisional round game vs Indianapolis. The colts didn’t get into the end zone once, holding the colts to 261 total yards of offense & forcing 2 turnovers while the offense put up 6 total points compared to turning it over 4 times and at one point threw a pick in the end zone on a possession where they got it down to the colts 4 yard line. They were 2-11 on third down. The offense only had 5 drives where they gained even 25 yards. They had just 1 drive that took even 3 minutes off the clock. Over the last 45 minutes of the game the offense scored 3 points while turning it over 3 times. Go back and look at the details of that loss. It’s something you could copy and paste straight from that October 2000 stretch where the offense gave the defense nothing whatsoever. Given the context of how bad the offense was, that’s one of the best defensive showings in playoff history.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are they playing by the 2000 ruleset? If so I'm not sure if I like their chances against the 2000 Tennessee titans.

The rule changes by year

- illegal to hit a QB helmet to helmet

- you can't hit a kicker after a kick until they assume a defensive position

- No low hits on a QB if it can be avoided
- Defenseless receiver rule goes into effect
There’s no rule set where playing prime Peyton and 2 HOFs WRs is easier than playing those 2000 offenses lol.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Shut your dumbass up :childplease:
Ravens nation :blessed:
Being a Steeler’s fan :ufdup:

Shut up fakkit :gucci: Can’t you read? I was giving props to the Ravens.
JItq.gif

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nobody on earth picked the Ravens to have the greatest defense of the modern era or win the Super Bowl before the 2000 season. If there was no competition then why was that the case?
The QBs were ass in 2000. 99-03 is like the dead ball era of QB play. Idk how many more times you want me to slice this pie :mjlol:. When I look at greats defenses I look at the QBs they faced and competition.

You don’t think it’s a coincidence that another all time great defense came 2 years later in the Bucs?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The QBs were ass in 2000. 99-03 is like the dead ball era of QB play. Idk how many more times you want me to slice this pie :mjlol:. When I look at greats defenses I look at the QBs they faced and competition.

You don’t think it’s a coincidence that another all time great defense came 2 years later in the Bucs?
The 2000 defense carried that team like no other defense in NFL history. I don’t know what you’re laughing about. Their putrid offense went 5 consecutive weeks without scoring a touchdown. The Ravens had the worst QB situation probably in the league & still won the SB because of that defense. You trying to downplay the accomplishments of that defense is wack.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

another job off the market

its going exactly how we needed it to go in order for us to keep both our coordinators

Pats hired from within,Raiders gave the job to Antonio Pierce,Eagles & Cowboys both decide to keep their HCs,and now the Titans hire the Bengals OC

its 5 jobs left and Beli,Harbaugh,and Vrabel havent been hired yet

IMO I think Ben Johnson is guaranteed a job too

reports are Washington loves him and Atlanta will offer him the job if Beli turns them down

so really we just need for one more coach to get hired and we keep both our coordinators

like I said before Carolina is the team I worry about

the established coaches arent going there so they're gonna have to hire someone young(like McDonald)

IMO if Seattle hires Dan Quinn like the rumors say then I think were good

perfect scenario:

Seattle hires Dan Quinn
Chargers hires Harbaugh
Atlanta hires Beli
Washington hires Vrabel
Carolina hires Ben Johnson

we keep both our coordinators :youngsabo:

if Washington hires Ben Johnson thats whats gonna fukk us cause I dont see Vrabel taking the Carolina job

he'll probably sit out a year if thats the only job left

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

another job off the market

its going exactly how we needed it to go in order for us to keep both our coordinators

Pats hired from within,Raiders gave the job to Antonio Pierce,Eagles & Cowboys both decide to keep their HCs,and now the Titans hire the Bengals OC

its 5 jobs left and Beli,Harbaugh,and Vrabel havent been hired yet

IMO I think Ben Johnson is guaranteed a job too

reports are Washington loves him and Atlanta will offer him the job if Beli turns them down

so really we just need for one more coach to get hired and we keep both our coordinators

like I said before Carolina is the team I worry about

the established coaches are going there so they're gonna have to hire someone young(like McDonald)

IMO if Seattle hires Dan Quinn like the rumors say then I think were good

perfect scenario:

Seattle hire Dan Quinn
Chargers hire Harbaugh
Atlanta hires Beli
Washington hires Vrabel
Carolina hires Ben Johnson

we keep both our coordinators :youngsabo:

if Washington hires Ben Johnson thats whats gonna fukk us cause I dont see Vrabel taking the Carolina job

he'll probably sit out a year if thats the only job left

I'm with you. I've been thinking man the longer this run goes the better our odds of keeping both coordinators. This team has some young players at key positions so if we can keep most of it together for the next few seasons with our coordinators, we could be special.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm with you. I've been thinking man the longer this run goes the better our odds of keeping both coordinators. This team has some young players at key positions so if we can keep most of it together for the next few seasons with our coordinators, we could be special.
the best we can hope for is 1 more year with McDonald

if we do keep him this year I think he's gonna be at the top of everyones list next offseason

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Carolina desperately needs offense, and a McDaniels type coach for Bryce. Their defense is already solid. Hopefully they pick the Houston OC.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Sure the 2004 squad ran for more yards at 0.2 yards more per carry, but it’s night and day when comparing their passing game. Brady threw for 3600 yards and 29 scores to 14 picks in 2004 while the pats qb’s combined for 4300 passing yards and 32 touchdowns to 2 picks all year. I’ll give you the broncos had a tougher task in the Super Bowl, but not Seattle. Regardless of how good Peyton and the skill positions were, Denver was screwed out the gate off how beat up their offensive line was. They were down 3 starters going into the game and I think they were on their 3rd string center, who set the tone on the first play from scrimmage when he snapped the ball over Peyton’s enormous head and through the back on the end zone. It also didn’t help that Denver got 0 sacks & 0 turnovers on defense while the defense gave up 27 points to the Seahawks offense with all 3 Seattle touchdowns being red zone scores too.

The 2006 ravens were definitely a better team and absolutely one of the greatest defenses ever (they did also face better quarterbacks than the 2000 lineup did), but their defense wasn’t as good as the 2000 unit was. It’s a goddamn shame that unit doesn’t get its praise because of how the offense blew it against the colts (especially watching McNair break down on a drive by drive basis).

60 sacks on the year (2nd only to the chargers whose leading sacked failed a drug test :sas2:), 28 picks to 16 td passes allowed, 2nd in net yards per attempt allowed, 1st in rushing touchdowns allowed with 5, 2nd in yards per carry allowed and 2nd in rushing yards allowed. Led the league in average yards, time, plays, and points allowed per drive. Led the league in total points allowed at 201, which is 12.6 per game. For some perspective, the 2013 Seahawks gave up 231 points, the 2008 Steelers gave up 223 (that’s another defense that really gets slept on. Super Bowl aside that was absolutely a historically great defense), the 1985 bears gave up 198, and the 2002 buccaneers gave up 196.

The 2006 defense more than did its job in that divisional round game vs Indianapolis. The colts didn’t get into the end zone once, holding the colts to 261 total yards of offense & forcing 2 turnovers while the offense put up 6 total points compared to turning it over 4 times and at one point threw a pick in the end zone on a possession where they got it down to the colts 4 yard line. They were 2-11 on third down. The offense only had 5 drives where they gained even 25 yards. They had just 1 drive that took even 3 minutes off the clock. Over the last 45 minutes of the game the offense scored 3 points while turning it over 3 times. Go back and look at the details of that loss. It’s something you could copy and paste straight from that October 2000 stretch where the offense gave the defense nothing whatsoever. Given the context of how bad the offense was, that’s one of the best defensive showings in playoff history.
Way easier to play defense in 2006 then it was in 2013. Harder to pass pre 2011 than post 2011. 4000 passing yards was still a milestone in 2014, by 2016, it was a footnote. Look at what Dak did as a rookie.

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
I remember Brian Johnston was a hot name in this thread for our OC position. a year later the Eagles have fired him and Monken is in the AFC title game. Looks like Shane Steiken was the brains in Philly