The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly The best Pats team is the 2004 team. That was a team for ages. In regards to the Seahawks they would be my pick but it’s interesting cause outside of the SB they’re playoff run wasn’t dominant. They won a one possession game against the saints and had to stop Kap in the redzone to hold off 19-17. They have the best single unit tho, that defense

The ravens numbers are crazy

This is just regular season. Let’s see how it shakes out in the playoffs

The 2004 pats were below average in yards per carry on the ground. They were also mediocre in how they protected the ball and were 31st in the league in red zone defense unless I’m reading their pro football reference page wrong. As for Seattle, I give them more credit for buckling down in a tight game against a real good team. They won a pair of relatively low scoring games vs good teams which speaks to their consistency. They never gave up more than 25 points in a single game all year.

The 2000 ravens defense is still the best offense or defense of any champ this millennium though :ufdup:. 4 shutouts pitched during the year. Zero 100 yard runners allowed. The defense gave up 151 points all season (the fewest in a 16 game season) while the other 14 came off banks and dilfer each throwing a pick 6 vs the titans. The defense won 2 games for the team in that 5 game stretch in October where the offense scored 0 touchdowns and could’ve caused the locker room to fracture over how bad the offense was playing. Then there’s the playoffs.

3 points allowed vs Denver in the wild card round. 10 points allowed vs #1 seed Tennessee in the divisional round including the pick 6 in the final minutes to make it 24-10. 3 points allowed bs Oakland in the conference title game. 0 points allowed in the Super Bowl. A record at the time 5 takeaways & a pick 6 to go with 4 sacks. The giants ran 3 plays in ravens territory all game. Those plays were a sack, a dropped pick, and a pick in the end zone. 16 points allowed in 4 playoff games. Note that the giants dropped 41 on the Vikings the week before in the nfc title game.

Last edited:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Honestly The best Pats team is the 2004 team. That was a team for ages. In regards to the Seahawks they would be my pick but it’s interesting cause outside of the SB they’re playoff run wasn’t dominant. They won a one possession game against the saints and had to stop Kap in the redzone to hold off 19-17. They have the best single unit tho, that defense

The ravens numbers are crazy

This is just regular season. Let’s see how it shakes out in the playoffs

That 2004 Pats team was a fukking problem. Steelers dominated them in the reg season. :beli: Had them boys ready to play in the postseason and embarrassed us. It was not even close.

This Ravens squad is obviously built different but they are just as complete as that 2004 Pats team. Different strengths but just as dangerous

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is the best all around Ravens team ever. That defense gave up the fewest points per game, forced the most turnovers & created most QB sacks. Just suffocating. Didn’t miss a beat vs Texans. Lamar playing at an MVP level down the stretch. Down Mark Andrews, down two starting RB’s and still continues with elite rushing attack.

Let’s go!

:youngsabo:

:dahell:

At least let them win the superbowl before saying this

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That 2004 Pats team was a fukking problem. Steelers dominated them in the reg season. :beli: Had them boys ready to play in the postseason and embarrassed us. It was not even close.

This Ravens squad is obviously built different but they are just as complete as that 2004 Pats team. Different strengths but just as dangerous
The jets should’ve sent your guys home the week before with how bad the Steelers offense was against them :stopitslime:. fukking Doug Brien :martin:. I’ve seen a lot of jet fans immediate reactions to a lot of bad season ending playoff losses, but that one stands out as the worst.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
The jets should’ve sent your guys home the week before with how bad the Steelers offense was against them :stopitslime:. fukking Doug Brien :martin:. I’ve seen a lot of jet fans immediate reactions to a lot of bad season ending playoff losses, but that one stands out as the worst.
That jets game should have been Big Ben’s rookie wake up call. We had no business winning that game :mjlol:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The 2004 pats were below average in yards per carry on the ground. They were also mediocre in how they protected the ball and were 31st in the league in red zone defense unless I’m reading their pro football reference page wrong. As for Seattle, I give them more credit for buckling down in a tight game against a real good team. They won a pair of relatively low scoring games vs good teams which speaks to their consistency. They never gave up more than 25 points in a single game all year.

The 2000 ravens defense is still the best offense or defense of any champ this millennium though :ufdup:. 4 shutouts pitched during the year. Zero 100 yard runners allowed. The defense gave up 151 points all season (the fewest in a 16 game season) while the other 14 came off banks and dilfer each throwing a pick 6 vs the titans. The defense won 2 games for the team in that 5 game stretch in October where the offense scored 0 touchdowns and could’ve caused the locker room to fracture over how bad the offense was playing. Then there’s the playoffs.

3 points allowed vs Denver in the wild card round. 10 points allowed vs #1 seed Tennessee in the divisional round including the pick 6 in the final minutes to make it 24-10. 3 points allowed bs Oakland in the conference title game. 0 points allowed in the Super Bowl. A record at the time 5 takeaways & a pick 6 to go with 4 sacks. The giants ran 3 plays in ravens territory all game. Those plays were a sack, a dropped pick, and a pick in the end zone. 16 points allowed in 4 playoff games. Note that the giants dropped 41 on the Vikings the week before in the nfc title game.
The 2016 pats were worse on the ground than the 2004 team which had all pro Corey Dillon so I don’t know why that’s a slight.

In regards to the 2000 ravens defenses they faced nobody though, especially at the QB position. What the 15 broncos in the playoffs and the 13 Seahawks did in the SB was more impressive.

Honestly 2006 Ravens>2000 ravens. The performance against the colts in the divisional is one for the ages

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They won 15 games. Blowing that team out in their home turf is as impressive a playoff win as any

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The 2016 pats were worse on the ground than the 2004 team which had all pro Corey Dillon so I don’t know why that’s a slight.

In regards to the 2000 ravens defenses they faced nobody though, especially at the QB position. What the 15 broncos in the playoffs and the 13 Seahawks did in the SB was more impressive.

Honestly 2006 Ravens>2000 ravens. The performance against the colts in the divisional is one for the ages
You can only play who is in front of you. What the Ravens defense accomplished in 2000 without the help of an offense who went many weeks without scoring a single TD can’t be understated. That defense statistically is the greatest defense ever. You have to be joking about the 2006 Ravens D. Something to be said about winning the SB vs losing divisional round :comeon:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You can only play who is in front of you. What the Ravens defense accomplished in 2000 without the help of an offense who went many weeks without scoring a single TD can’t be understated. That defense statistically is the greatest defense ever. You have to be joking about the 2006 Ravens D. Something to be said about winning the SB vs losing divisional round :comeon:
Destroying prime Peyton manning is more impressive than beating Kerry Collins.

If I Put the 2006 Ravens in the 2000 AFC they not winning the chip?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

You can’t put a 2006 team in 2000 that’s now how life works :skip:

2006 was such a great defense I’m just not doing the what ifs. They didn’t win it so they ain’t in it :ufdup:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Are they playing by the 2000 ruleset? If so I'm not sure if I like their chances against the 2000 Tennessee titans.

The rule changes by year

- illegal to hit a QB helmet to helmet

- you can't hit a kicker after a kick until they assume a defensive position

- No low hits on a QB if it can be avoided
- Defenseless receiver rule goes into effect