The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with Lamar but damn he was in a bad spot in that 4th down you don't want him to throw it up for grabs because the INT put them on the 20yd line instead of the 2yd line but he was trying to make a play just a shytty position to be in but so far with Lamar's luck it always goes the absolute worst in these situations

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yes, I agree Harbaugh loses us a couple games a year but this is not a super bowl caliber team. It's carried by Lamar (most good teams are acarried by their QB's so fine) having to make amazing plays with a high level of difficulty every game and a defense that hasn't had a real pass rush in years and the most inconsistent (while being heavily compensated) secondary in the league.
Yeah we just gotta agree to disagree on this one

none of those teams you named clearly have a better roster than us top to bottom

The only difference between us and them is coaching

every team has weaknesses

If you need a damn allstar team to win a superbowl you aren’t a good coach plain and simple

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Yes, I agree Harbaugh loses us a couple games a year but this is not a super bowl caliber team. It's carried by Lamar (most good teams are acarried by their QB's so fine) having to make amazing plays with a high level of difficulty every game and a defense that hasn't had a real pass rush in years and the most inconsistent (while being heavily compensated) secondary in the league.
Lamar didn’t play his best and the team was still in position to win. Even with three dropped passes from Bateman. This team definitely has Super Bowl talent

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lamar didn’t play his best and the team was still in position to win. Even with three dropped passes from Bateman. This team definitely has Super Bowl talent

If you don't have a pass rush .. or strong O-line play you are not superbowl talent..... end of discussion this team does not have a pass rush, and always have to blitz to generate anything ... no pass rush or strong o line play you are not a superbowl talent

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you don't have a pass rush .. or strong O-line play you are not superbowl talent..... end of discussion this team does not have a pass rush, and always have to blitz to generate anything ... no pass rush or strong o line play you are not a superbowl talent
So how did the Bengals make it to the superbowl last year with a terrible oline and a mediocre at best pass rush :beli:

the game is all about QB and coaching

If you have those 2 you’re always a contender

the Chiefs have hella holes but I don’t see anybody saying they aren’t a contender

You know why? Because of their QB and coach

How do yall not see that coaching is the problem

Yall keep saying pass rush like its gonna get any better with these horrible ass coaches

Theres a reason why ZaDarius Smith never had more than 8 sacks here but goes to GB and starts having 13-14 sack seasons

Theres a reason why Judon never had more than 9 sacks here but goes to NE and immediately has a 13 sack season

COACHING!!!

Its not the players its the coaches

You can bring in all the pass rushers you want but if if they’re playing in this garbage scheme for these garbage coaches the results will be the same

If yall can’t see that the talent is there and coaching is the real problem then it is what it is :manny:

with that said I still think we have the talent and can win it all this year in spite of bad coaching if Harbaugh would just stop with his stupid 4th down calls every week

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
As was said earlier by someone else every contender has holes. Cincy didn’t have a pass rush last season and made it to the SB. And I’m not saying it’s not important. But top to bottom the Ravens have a more talented roster than most teams. They should be 4-0 right now and you can put those two losses squarely on coaching decisions

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As was said earlier by someone else every contender has holes. Cincy didn’t have a pass rush last season and made it to the SB. And I’m not saying it’s not important. But top to bottom the Ravens have a more talented roster than most teams. They should be 4-0 right now and you can put those two losses squarely on coaching decisions

Whoa whoa. Bengals didn’t have a pass rush? Stop lying. Going into January last year they were tied for the 3rd most sacks in the league and ranked 8th in pressures while blitzing only 19%. They absolutely had a pass rush.

O line was terrible but they had a top 3 pass rush.

Ravens most definitely will be in the playoffs. It’s early and a lot of miscues and mistakes will be nonexistent by December

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Harbs is so lucky he doesn’t have to deal with NYC type media. They would be hounding him until they got his head on a stick. Instead he’ll get another pass for his late game blunder. Smh

The ravens pr team at 105.7 is shooting all kinda bail to that nimrod Harbaugh this morning they cutting off callers that complain about the 4th down call and everything :russ:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
I missed this.

I really really REALLY hope Peters doesn't get the Chris mccallister treatment. Harbaugh shouldn't have that type sway this time around with his analytics bullshyt

But this organization prides itself on analytics that why they brought in saschi Brown, analytics is used way too much in this organization from the scouting department and coaching, that’s why it’s not too many football lifers in this organization anymore just look at the front office

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Whoa whoa. Bengals didn’t have a pass rush? Stop lying. Going into January last year they were tied for the 3rd most sacks in the league and ranked 8th in pressures while blitzing only 19%. They absolutely had a pass rush.

Ravens most definitely will be in the playoffs. It’s early and a lot of miscues and mistakes will be nonexistent by December
Im not talking about stats im talking about talent

Cincy has mediocre talent at the pass rush position but they have a good scheme and they actually put their players in the best position to succeed

put those same Cincy pass rushers on our team and our fans would still be complaining about blitzing too much and a lack of pass rush talent

my point was the scheme is the problem not the players

what good is having pass rushers if you’re just gonna have all 11 defenders at the LOS at the snap,you blitz 7 or 8,have 3 or 4 sprinting back trying to get into their zones,and have multiple receivers running wide open all over the field

Or even worse,dropping our best pass rushers into coverage on obvious passing downs :snoop:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

They ended the season with the 12th most sacks in the league
:patrice:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
But this organization prides itself on analytics that why they brought in saschi Brown, analytics is used way too much in this organization from the scouting department and coaching, that’s why it’s not too many football lifers in this organization anymore just look at the front office
I don’t have a problem with analytics but that shyt shouldn’t dictate what you do 100% of the time

momentum matters…circumstances matter

To go for it in 4th in a tie game,in the rain when your QB is playing bad,your #1 WR out,and the only RB that was producing is out is just idiotic.I don’t care what the analytics says…sometimes you just gotta use common sense and obviously Harbaugh doesn’t have any

I also hated the other 4th down we went for and got on our own 30 yard line

that one was worse than the one at the end of the game but we converted so nobody said anything

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I don’t have a problem with analytics but that shyt shouldn’t dictate what you do 100% of the time

momentum matters…circumstances matter

To go for it in 4th in a tie game,in the rain when your QB is playing bad,your #1 WR out,and the only RB that was producing is out is just idiotic.I don’t care what the analytics says…sometimes you just gotta use common sense and obviously Harbaugh doesn’t have any

I also hated the other 4th down we went for and got on our own 30 yard line

that one was worse than the one at the end of the game but we converted so nobody said anything
It was as simple as them putting the pressure on the Bills to get the td. Instead Harbs put all the pressure on his own d to make a stop. The Bills had no pressure at that point becuz if they don’t score it’s going to ot anyway in a game they were down for most of

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps