The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not talking about stats im talking about talent

Cincy has mediocre talent at the pass rush position but they have a good scheme and they actually put their players in the best position to succeed

put those same Cincy pass rushers on our team and our fans would still be complaining about blitzing too much and a lack of pass rush talent

my point was the scheme is the problem not the players

what good is having pass rushers if you’re just gonna have all 11 defenders at the LOS at the snap,you blitz 7 or 8,have 3 or 4 sprinting back trying to get into their zones,and have multiple receivers running wide open all over the field

Or even worse,dropping our best pass rushers into coverage on obvious passing downs :snoop:

Cinci had the talent. They legit were blitzing less and getting QB pressure.

I’m baffled like you by the ravens defense so far but I still think they’ll make it to the playoffs I saw a stat that said the secondary has been bad the past two years and I couldn’t believe it

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Zero accountability

Cant stand this bytch ass nikka

:martin:

I wonder how long it'll be before he blames going for it on 4th down on the players.

Losing close games, allowing teams to come back...all on the coaches, and in this case 1 dumb ass named Harbaugh.

He is fukking clueless. Horrible clock management time and time again, detrimental decisions throughout the game and no ability to effectively adjust in game.

I really hope this is the last season we have to suffer through Harbaugh.

Roman has improved significantly. Even if he is stealing plays from KC. They've scored two TDs with shovel passes this season. Anyway, the Bills game showed me Les Frazier is a better coach than him and Roman isn't on his level.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Another thing bout the Bills and Dolphins games. I knew these would be a good gauge or where this team and coaching staff are. Bills got great coaches who made effective second half adjustments. Dolphins got hella talent and was going to test the coaches ability to take those weapons away.

Little to no second half points in both games and allowing a team to come back shows this coaching staff has a long way to go in terms of adjustments. None were made or they stuck to the original game plan and it costs them yet again.

Patriots got great coaches too, but they had a lack of talent on offense and the injury to Jones further crippled them.

No way you shouldn't be able to adjust as a coach at the professional level. The fact Harbaugh can't contribute to in game adjustments because of his lack of experience as a coordinator and just being a dummy is crushing this team.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Ravens got a lot more respect under harbs than billick. Harbs sending in tapes to NFL in 2008-10 with the bad calls against the Ravens was monumental. Prior to 2010 always seemed like Ravens ain't get the calls.

Granted, the Ravens lost their swagger with HOFers each line of defense....but harbs got the Ravens national attention and respect with Lamar putting the team over the edge into the national conversation.

I want a real team....but the fighting Lamar's is expanding the fan base which was needed.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
:martin:

I wonder how long it'll be before he blames going for it on 4th down on the players.

Losing close games, allowing teams to come back...all on the coaches, and in this case 1 dumb ass named Harbaugh.

He is fukking clueless. Horrible clock management time and time again, detrimental decisions throughout the game and no ability to effectively adjust in game.

I really hope this is the last season we have to suffer through Harbaugh.

Roman has improved significantly. Even if he is stealing plays from KC. They've scored two TDs with shovel passes this season. Anyway, the Bills game showed me Les Frazier is a better coach than him and Roman isn't on his level.

He ain’t going nowhere bro he’s biscotti guy and you see biscotti choose him over Lamar, we have at least 3 more years of his bad coaching decisions :sadcam:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Ravens got a lot more respect under harbs than billick. Harbs sending in tapes to NFL in 2008-10 with the bad calls against the Ravens was monumental. Prior to 2010 always seemed like Ravens ain't get the calls.

Granted, the Ravens lost their swagger with HOFers each line of defense....but harbs got the Ravens national attention and respect with Lamar putting the team over the edge into the national conversation.

I want a real team....but the fighting Lamar's is expanding the fan base which was needed.

I actually liked billick more than harbaugh. I know there was chatter about billick losing the locker room but billick was pretty good at choosing coordinatorson the defensive side. He just had the displeasure of being tied to Kyle Boller but getting Steve McNair was a nice boost for a bit.

Low-key, Lamar pretty much extended harbaugh's career. We were 4-5 before flacco got injured and we supposedly had oline issues where the QB was constantly getting sacked and we also had a struggling run game. In comes Lamar and all of a sudden we're rushing for 300 yards a game and sacks are non existent. And to top it off we somehow make the playoffs.

Now here we are with harbaugh having an mvp QB at his disposal along with some analytics

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202

I'll always believe at least some of the lack of respect early on was leftover ill will from the Cleveland thing. Billick even said as much his first year here before the 1st Browns game in Cleveland, that they wouldn't get any calls because "the NFL wants Cleveland to beat us." (Got fined for it too. :pachaha:)

But yeah, it's interesting how we've evolved from the NFL's redheaded stepchild to one of its model franchises.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I actually liked billick more than harbaugh. I know there was chatter about billick losing the locker room but billick was pretty good at choosing coordinatorson the defensive side. He just had the displeasure of being tied to Kyle Boller but getting Steve McNair was a nice boost for a bit.

Low-key, Lamar pretty much extended harbaugh's career. We were 4-5 before flacco got injured and we supposedly had oline issues where the QB was constantly getting sacked and we also had a struggling run game. In comes Lamar and all of a sudden we're rushing for 300 yards a game and sacks are non existent. And to top it off we somehow make the playoffs.

Now here we are with harbaugh having an mvp QB at his disposal along with some analytics
I liked Billick too and the old documentaries and interviews I saw about the Ravens when he was the HC showed he had the respect of the players.

Something must've happen between Biscotti and a player or Billick and a player and Biscotti didn't like the way Billick handled it. Which would explain why Harbaugh castrated the locker room and ain't no more alpha dogs on the roster outside of Peters for now.

The way Harbaugh has turned the Ravens into a coaches team is the reason the Ravens haven't won anymore SBs under him and probably won't.

Von Miller spoke about the teams that win SBs when he signed with Buffalo and I believed this before he even said anything. Anyway, the majority of the teams that win SBs have been player's coached teams...meaning they have a HC that is for the players.

The only teams in memory I can think of that weren't overtly player's coached teams are the Giants under Coughlin and the Patriots...which I think more than anything, they had a standard and expected people to do their job which caused players and coaches to hold each other accountable.

As we see, Harbaugh ain't accountable for shyt.

Red Money

All Star
Daps

Billick had smartest guy in the room syndrome too.... difference was he liked playmakers on defense on each level.

Yes, if McNair was healthy in 2006 as in had ability to throw more than 15yrds down field and we made AFC championship game .....Billick could have survived 2007 injury plagued year.

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
its rough when cats are propping up Billick to diss Harbaugh. BB was an "offensive guru" supposedly who never had a great offense outside of the decent 2006 year. He struggled with coordinators also (Matt Cavanagh ring a bell) he just had a loaded HOF stacked defense his entire tenure. At least Harbaugh has the rep of a special teams coach and our special teams is always at the top of the league. Both men suffer from holding on to coordinators way too long but i also think Steve B likes continuity as he has said he models us after the Steelers. there are 32 teams in the league and only 6 coaches have won SuperBowls. We have one of them. Of course he is gonna be arrogant and smug. take the good with the bad. you got teams hiring new cats like Nate Hackett who are clueless.

anywho, we need the win Sunday night