The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
More than that though, I'm not sure if he's a fit if we've already got Wallace and Perriman here. If Wallace is a eventual cap casualty then yeah, I could see it, but otherwise it's kind of redundant having all three of them...need a hands guy like Jeffery/Marshall/Garcon in there. Nobody could draw those deep PIs like Torrey, though.

You cooled on Cook, @STAN JONES ? I noticed your avi.
Yeah those combine numbers kinda scared me off :patrice:

I thought he would be more explosive than he was

Now I think we should go CB,pass rusher,oline,or John Ross in the 1st round

For now i want Sidney Jones IV but that could change at any time :heh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Who do you guys like at CB/DB now that combine is over?

I really like Malik Hooker. But do we go with CB vs S with first pick?

Buddha Baker, S - impressive but a bit undersized
Sidney Jones , CB - same as Baker
Marshon Lattimore, CB - injury prone and probably gone by the time we pick

I don't trust bama cb's so I'm not really high on Marlon Humphrey
If had to choose between CB and safety in the 1st I'd go safety since the CB class is deeper

There's gonna be CBs that would normally go in the 1st still on the board when we pick in the 2nd...maybe even the 3rd :wow:

These the CBs i like:

Marshon Lattimore
Sidney Jones IV
Tra'Davious White
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Shaq Griffin
Chidobe Awuzie
Brendan Langley
Ahkello Witherspoon
Fabian Moreau

For the safeties:

Malik Hooker
Buddah Baker
Jamal Adams
Desmond King
Marcus Williams
Josh Jones

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Those 2 cuts gave us an extra 5 mill in cap space so now we have 20 mill im cap space

Still waiting for tye others like Webb,Dumervil,and Pitta to get cut

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ravens need to free up more cap space to turn 8-8 team into playoff one

Releasing cornerback Shareece Wright and safety Kendrick Lewis Tuesday were the first cuts of the offseason for the Ravens. Those just can't be the only ones this week.

In the big picture, this was just a baby step forward for Baltimore. The Ravens cleared nearly $5 million in cap space and now have about $18 million in cap room, which still keeps them in the bottom six in the NFL.

Baltimore needs more cap dollars if it wants to turn an 8-8 team into a playoff one. The Ravens' shopping list should include: wide receiver, cornerback, right tackle (if Rick Wagner signs elsewhere as expected), safety (if Lardarius Webb is cut), inside linebacker and perhaps running back (if the price is right).

So, why didn't the Ravens clear all that space Tuesday? The Ravens are going to exhaust all options when it comes to Webb, linebacker Elvis Dumervil, tight ends Dennis Pitta and Benjamin Watson, center Jeremy Zuttah, cornerback Kyle Arrington and wide receiver Mike Wallace.

Baltimore will look to reduce cap numbers for all of those players, whether it's cutting them, pay cuts or extensions. The Ravens could be hesitant to part ways with certain players until they know they're getting their replacement.

Here's a look at each of those situations:

• Dumervil has the fourth-highest cap figure ($8.375 million), and the Ravens can save $6 million by releasing him. He's dealt with an Achilles injury, which is why he's only had a total of nine sacks in two seasons. Dumervil might be able to stay by reducing his $6 million salary, but it's unknown whether he would want to stay at a lower cost.

• Webb had an uneven year in his first season switching from cornerback to safety. He played better toward the end of the season, but he represents the seventh-highest cap figure on the team ($7.5 million). The Ravens can free up $5.5 million by cutting Webb.

• Pitta is being asked to take a pay cut after leading all tight ends with 86 catches. The problem is he only averaged 8.5 yards per catch, and Baltimore isn't willing to give him $5.5 million in base salary (sixth among tight ends). If Pitta reduces his salary for a second straight season, the Ravens could let go of Watson, who would create $3 million in cap space if cut.

• Zuttah struggled in his third season as the Ravens' starting center, yet he was named to his first Pro Bowl. Baltimore would like to upgrade at this spot, although there aren't a lot of options. The Ravens have been linked to seven-time Pro Bowl center Nick Mangold. The fallback option is moving backup guard John Urschel to center.

• Arrington dropped to the bottom of the depth chart in 2015 and he spent last season on injured reserve with a concussion. The Ravens can clear $2.1 million in space by parting ways with Arrington.

• Wallace is a prime candidate for an extension. The Ravens want Wallace on the team but not at an $8 million cap hit, which is the fifth-highest on the Ravens. It could be a win-win scenario if the Ravens can give Wallace another year or two and Baltimore receives more cap room. The other scenario is signing Torrey Smith at a cheaper price and moving on from Wallace.
After being quiet for most of the offseason, the Ravens could have a busy two days leading up to the start of free agency.

Ravens need to free up more cap space to turn 8-8 team into playoff one

Daps
Could've at least tried to get Marshall and brought Torrey back to pair with Wallace and Perriman quit trying to turn Flacco into some half assed Tom Brady with this dink n dunk checkdown bullshyt wtf is wrong with this front office

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I like our 2 signings so far

Woodhead can actually do something with all those checkdowns Flacco loves to throw

And signing Jefferson allows us to move Weddles small ass out the box and to FS to play the centerfield

It also allows us to cut Webb and free up more money plus he just turned 25 in January

Im just glad for once we're actually signing a young guy who hasn't hit his prime yet instead of an old vet

We still need to sign a possession WR,guard,and vet CB

The draft is deep at alot of positions we need like CB,linebacker,TE so we should be good as long as we pick the right players

Last edited: