The 2017 Coli census, are AA's really a minority on this board?

Which of the following groups do you belong to?

• African American

• African

• Caribbean

• Afro-Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Their emulation of AA culture is more natural than a 2nd generation Canadian or a Drake type breh.
They even have a gullah twang to their speech.
That's great to hear. I've always wondered how they were up there, but like you said that interaction is rare, which is even more impressive that they've retained stuff despite years and years of disconnection.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Some of my uncles came to the States in the 80's and married AA women. I therefore have second cousins who are part AA :yeshrug:

A well-off first cousin of mine has an AA wife.

It's not that unheard of, breh :pachaha:

I currently live and work in Europe, but I'm a citizen of the world :mjgrin:

I'd like to keep my mystique, breh :wow:

Don't want to get exposed by @Poitier :Coleworld:

Now would you and uncle Muhammad be fine if nice, intelligent, wavy, good looking dark skin AA man such as myself grab him a nice Somali sista? :mjpls::sas2:

Will it be alssalam ealaykum brotha or blackhawk down part 2?:mjpls:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Now would you and uncle Muhammad be fine if nice, intelligent, wavy, good looking dark skin AA man such as myself grab him a nice Somali sista? :mjpls::sas2:

Will it be alssalam ealaykum brotha or blackhawk down part 2?:mjpls:

:deadmanny:

Depends on which side of the family. One side is very conservative, the other - not so much. :yeshrug:

Speaking for myself if I had a daughter, I'd only care about compatibility in terms of outlook on life, goals etc.. I'd prefer someone from the same culture for the sake of convenience but wouldn't be opposed to it if she found a good AA breh.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[/QUOTE]

100-200 years of disconnect they've pretty much forged they're own separate identity.

I mean, do Nova Scotians and Americo-Liberians even consider themselves AA at this point?[/QUOTE]

Similar can be said about black Americans with West Indian ancestry in the States. There are plenty who settled there in 19th and early 20th century, have long lost their direct connections to the islands, intermarried with AAs, fully assimilated etc but folks are tryna say those examples can never be AA. That seems too formulaic especially considering how identities can change over time.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Similar can be said about black Americans with West Indian ancestry in the States. There are plenty who settled there in 19th and early 20th century, have long lost their direct connections to the islands, intermarried with AAs, fully assimilated etc but folks are tryna say those examples can never be AA. That seems too formulaic especially considering how identities can change over time.
:gucci:
Most of us agreed that assimilation can be achieved, but ONLY through intermarriage, so the examples you're using here would qualify.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Im was born in Canada, but my parents from Ghana. Do I still count as African?

Depends on what your family and the rest of the community considers you.

Most important is how close do you feel to your culture.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You can tell by the discussions and the way people type(talk) on here that's it's majority black

Some alt-wierd black folks, but black nonetheless

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
''if your great great great grand parents who were African were not abducted and forced to work by cacs, then you not one of us''

AA so insecure:laff::laff:

pull down your skirts, takes that dikk out ya ass

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
''if your great great great grand parents who were African were not abducted and forced to work by cacs, then you not one of us''

AA so insecure:laff::laff:

pull down your skirts, takes that dikk out ya ass
Quite the contrary, we are so secure about what and who we are that it brings out the insecurities in people like yourself. People who for what ever reason become bothered at the mere mention of us being our own ethnic group and having our own culture.
pull down your panties and please insert your tampon because you are leaking your discarded eggs everywhere Ma