The 2017 Coli census, are AA's really a minority on this board?

Which of the following groups do you belong to?

• African American

• African

• Caribbean

• Afro-Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
Just to further clarify: Afro-Latino = African descent ppl from South and Central America. Dominicans = Caribbean.

I didn't think this one through :snoop:

Forgive me brethren :to:
I'm from a non-Spanish-speaking South American country, though.
It doesn't really make sense to vote under Afro-Latino, when the Spanish had absolutely nothing to do with my nation's history.

Like I said, it depends on the aim of the poll. I made a very specific definition of who can be considered an AA for a good reason. Of course there are still some grey areas.

That Jamaican breh clearly does not fall within that definition though. Should've chose "Caribbean". I shouldn't have to spell it out, breh. It's not my fault if some people can't use common sense. :francis:

"Other" is a catch-all group for all non-African descent ppl.
Uhhhh.....I voted Other but I'm most definitely of African descent............ :patrice:

Can someone explain to me where does this Caribbean arrogance come from.

Why do they think they are better than AAs?

What do they teach these people about us in their schools?

Was there a point in history when we lived with these people and fukked them over or some shyt :pachaha:I just don't get it.
My personal theory is that Caribbean/African arrogance towards AAs comes from the same place that the racism of CACs in America that have NEVER in their life met a single AA comes from: the media.
Black people in the USA do not control the media.
Hence, y'all's public image has always been in the hands of CACs.
The same media that portrays all of that negative imagery about AAs inside the USA, gets broadcasted to African/Afro-descent people outside the USA.
Similarly, AAs tend to have an arrogance towards Africans because of the image of Africans they consume projected by that same media.

Outside of actually meeting representatives of each Afro-diaspora group in real life, this here internet is the best way to dispel those prejudices and really get to know one another, without the CAC-filter.
If anyone is willing to actually let go of their biases that is. :beli:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Let me hear it.
My PERSONAL opinion/theory on Jamaicans being arrogant (not other islands) is it's a mix of classism, Akan heritage, the machismo/rude bwoy culture, and having a black majority

The "arrogance of West Indians" does not have as much to do with American media as folk supposed IMO

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: he bodied farrakhan
Dr. Clarke is the GOAT scholar as far I'm concerned. Reminds so much of my elders growing up.
:myman:

But back to the point. What Farrakhan said is part of the reason why we draw the line on whose AA or not.

Don't claim my shyt when it's convenient, then try to distance yourself whenever that's convenient and throw us under the bus while doing it on some slick shyt.

I don't wanna hear how your household was more strict than AA ones cuz your parents were West Indian or African.
:mjpls:

Or you dont do xyz like AA's do cuz you grew up in a West Indian or African household.

I don't wanna hear how AA's don't have a culture.

AA's are europeanized.

Or whatever lil funny ass shyt that I've heard over the years, online and in real life.

And any of yall non-AA's arguing against this shyt gotta be trolling cuz yall know damn well a lot of yall separate from us with the quickness when its convenient or yall wanna be special snowflakes.

It's all about respect plain and simple. And as long as there's no respect the petty beefs will continue.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Ayo, where do South American brehs from Guyana, Suriname & French Guiana fall on your poll? :patrice:

There's probably like 2 of them here so they're not statistically significant :Hemad:

I see what you're saying tho, and I've already addressed these concerns in previous posts :yeshrug: