The 2017 Coli census, are AA's really a minority on this board?

Which of the following groups do you belong to?

• African American

• African

• Caribbean

• Afro-Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
There's probably like 2 of them here so they're not statistically significant :Hemad:

I see what you're saying tho, and I've already addressed these concerns in previous posts :yeshrug:
Try to participate in a diaspora poll and find out you're insignificant, brehs. :mjcry:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The landlocked Caribbean? :usure:
Thought that was only for the anglophone nations.:patrice:
How ironic that the actual Indians in the West can't be West Indian.:dead:
:russ:They West Indian but those Guyanese coolies are :mjpls:

My grandfather is actually from Suriname so I'm familiar

Those places are culturally Caribbean

West Indians has been expanded to include basically all non Spanish speaking Caribbean countries/islands

Although Panamanians and other black Central Americans are basically West Indians too:manny:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Karbaash is a Somali Canadian ?
michael.jpeg

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither qualifies, and Garvey is a hero of mine, but I dont have to make him AA to appreciate him.

And Farrakhan makes his "West Indianess" well known when convenient :mjpls:

Go to 6:15 to 9:00

I'm not gonna argue with your interpretation, but I think the fact that many people see it differently shows it's not science and not black or white

What about Scotians in Canada? Descendants of slaves in the States who resettled north of the border but have been in Canada as long as anyone. They're universally seen ( and identify themselves) as Nova Scotians and black Canadians but would fit under the formula you are following. How about Liberians who are descendants of freed American slaves?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm not gonna argue with your interpretation, but I think the fact that many people see it differently shows it's not science and not black or white

What about Scotians in Canada? Descendants of slaves in the States who resettled north of the border but have been in Canada as long as anyone. They're universally seen ( and identify themselves) as Nova Scotians and black Canadians but would fit under the formula you are following. How about Liberians who are descendants of freed American slaves?

in present day, I don't consider those types as aframs anymore

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

I think the best way to describe them is as people with African American heritage.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in present day, I don't consider those types as aframs anymore
Sure but the fact they've adopted new identities despite their Afram ancestry shows this stuff can change over time, depending on circumstance. As I said earlier it's clear what the broad definition of AA is but the examples I cited earlier are legitimate grey areas, as these folks are despite meeting the definition.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps

Sure I think they're part of the AA diaspora, but with 100-200 years of disconnect they've pretty much forged they're own separate identity.

I mean, do Nova Scotians and Americo-Liberians even consider themselves AA at this point?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Sure but the fact they've adopted new identities despite their Afram ancestry shows this stuff can change over time, depending on circumstance. As I said earlier it's clear what the broad definition of AA is but the examples I cited earlier are legitimate grey areas, as these folks are despite meeting the definition.

it's the lack of a continuously direct connection to aframs for over 150 years to the point they are now a separate peoples

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Didn't know that...:ohhh: Also thought you were from Canada?

Some of my uncles came to the States in the 80's and married AA women. I therefore have second cousins who are part AA :yeshrug:

A well-off first cousin of mine has an AA wife.

It's not that unheard of, breh :pachaha:

I currently live and work in Europe, but I'm a citizen of the world :mjgrin:

I'd like to keep my mystique, breh :wow:

Don't want to get exposed by @Poitier :Coleworld:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

Scotians are us.
Americo Liberians are a small group.
Ironically, Scotians have the highest rate of black home ownership in Canada, and North Preston has a higher income level than some surrounding cac areas.
Scotians aren't :mjpls: but a few may c00n out of lack of exposure... I'm cool with them, they accept me I accept them. They even have some Jamaican maroon in them...
Most US breh never meet Scotians.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Sure I think they're part of the AA diaspora, but with 100-200 years of disconnect they've pretty much forged they're own separate identity.

I mean, do Nova Scotians and Americo-Liberians even consider themselves AA at this point?
Their emulation of AA culture is more natural than a 2nd generation Canadian or a Drake type breh.
They even have a gullah twang to their speech.