The 2017 Coli census, are AA's really a minority on this board?

Which of the following groups do you belong to?

• African American

• African

• Caribbean

• Afro-Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
malcolm is more AA than other
As far as Dubois, was his family distinctively haitian. Or were they africans who went through haiti
:troll:More ?

And web Dubois 's mother side is from free blacks from New York and his father side are at least two/three generation deep Haitian

His father was an immigrant

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
So I'm A first gen black American, if I have a son born here is he carribean American too? @K.O.N.Y

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people make imaginary gray area when it comes to AA ethnic identity
Both farrakhan and garvey are caribbean

Its not an AA-only thing. I can think of direct equivalents in terms of how people interpret the meaning of plenty of ethnicity. People act like there's a science to defining what "Arab" means for example and end up finding themselves in knots. Ethnicity is not science and changes over history, even as distinctions are developed. Its not a controversial statement. There's a reason why even though this forum has expended 100000 of topics to this subject, it still can't reach consensus.

It's not hard to see why its easy for second and third generation anglophone Caribbeans with similar ancestry in the States, to be assimilated into the AA category. Its a real grey area not an invented one.