The 2017 Coli census, are AA's really a minority on this board?

Which of the following groups do you belong to?

• African American

• African

• Caribbean

• Afro-Latino

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Like I said, it depends on the aim of the poll. I made a very specific definition of who can be considered an AA for a good reason. Of course there are still some grey areas.

That Jamaican breh clearly does not fall within that definition though. Should've chose "Caribbean". I shouldn't have to spell it out, breh. It's not my fault if some people can't use common sense. :francis:

"Other" is a catch-all group for all non-African descent ppl.
Come on now, theres a reason why theres so much confusion in the first place

For the coli you absolutely need to spell it out

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall keeping acting like ethnicity is cold hard science that is formulaic and unchanging. Sorry buts it not.

Of course the broad distinctions are clear but there are many gray areas no matter how hard you try to wish them away.

Whats the difference between @1thouwow honest perception of himself and someone like Marcus Garvey? What about Louis Farrakhan? His parents were from Jamaica and St.Kitts.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Come on now, theres a reason why theres so much confusion in the first place

For the coli you absolutely need to spell it out

They probably voted without even reading the conditions.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Yall keeping acting like ethnicity is cold hard science that is formulaic and unchanging. Sorry buts it not.

Of course the broad distinctions are clear but there are many gray areas no matter how hard you try to wish them away.

Whats the difference between @1thouwow honest perception of himself and someone like Marcus Garvey? What about Louis Farrakhan? His parents were from Jamaica and St.Kitts.
people make imaginary gray area when it comes to AA ethnic identity
Both farrakhan and garvey are caribbean

Karb

Veteran
Daps

Those grey areas will persist no matter how many subdivisions you make.

@badtguy and @Dip already hit me with a couple that most people wouldn't even consider.

This is not a scientific study. These broad groups will do :ufdup:

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
Moms side from Clarksdale, Mississippi, Pops side from a Small town name Jonestown, Mississippi...
Family roots running around all over the country...
West,East,North and south...
Descendant of slaves to modern day head bussas...
African American and proud nikka... :blessed:

Last edited: