The 10 countries with highest black population outside of Africa

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
America used to refer to Black Americans at some point as “colored folks” so that's not really a good barometer.

The only thing that matters is their DNA/ancestral roots and backgrounds. Skin tone also being a big indicator, nobody in this world with the tone of those women in the photos posted would be considered as anything other than women of Black and African ancestry.
This doesn’t make sense either and isn’t analogous considering the dynamics of both terms have never been used the same
way in America vs other parts of the world. America’s usage for the term “colored” was because of the color of their skin, which had color as compared to the majority (white folks). It has different connotations in somewhere like South Africa, where heavily mixed folks are considered a buffer class i.e “colored”. Those “afro-mexican” women above would be considered colored there.

Not really sure how America isn’t a good barometer when folks believe Mariah Carey and even the former NYK Hartenstein black. If america isn’t a good barometer why are folks here so quick call Tyla black but she herself considered herself colored despite having black ancestry? If america isn’t a good barometer how do you reconcile that with the one drop rule that many subscribe to here?

Again, your American point makes no sense. I know you want to shyt on the country and get your rocks off but it really wasn’t a good point. In America they’d be considered black. In many parts of the world they aren’t black but “mixed” and a buffer class.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
excuse my ignorance but what does a black mexican look like
been to a few different places in mexico and never saw someone I would consider black
afromexicans.jpg

this aint black to me
the google pics that come up when I search
Just like in America they range from very dark skinned to very light skinned. They will sometimes be mixed with white or Native but their African genetics are clear as day

They're mostly concentrated in the states of Oaxaca, Guerrero, Veracruz and in Mexico City.

Mexico is a lot like the USA where certain states have little to no black population. If a person visited the United States and went to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, they'd say they saw no black people as well

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
AksumMapKaleb.png

A lot of people think Africans in Yemen and Saudi are only descendants of slaves, but that's not the full story. Besides the fact that the ancient Aksumite Kingdom had a strong trade network connecting Africa and Arabia and had many people travel to the region as diplomats, traders and settlers, in the 6th century, King Kaleb of Aksum went to Yemen to overthrow the Jewish Himyarite King who had been killing and persecuting Aksumite Christians.

After defeating the king, who committed suicide rather than be caught, King Kaleb turned Yemen and parts of current Saudi Arabia into the colony of Axumite Arabia where Aksumites ruled for a couple of decades before losing the area and regaining it and then losing it again to the Persian Empire.

I say all that to say, the African presence in Yemen and Saudi also has deep roots in Aksumite imperial strength, not just slavery.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just like in America they range from very dark skinned to very light skinned. They will sometimes be mixed with white or Native but their African genetics are clear as day

They're mostly concentrated in the states of Oaxaca, Guerrero, Veracruz and in Mexico City.

Mexico is a lot like the USA where certain states have little to no black population. If a person visited the United States and went to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, they'd say they saw no black people as well
Can you drop a video or photos
Cuz when I search youtube and google I don't consider them Mexicans at all
Black Panamanians and Cubans all day
but the Mexicans just look more indigenous than anything

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This doesn’t make sense either and isn’t analogous considering the dynamics of both terms have never been used the same
way in America vs other parts of the world. America’s usage for the term “colored” was because of the color of their skin, which had color as compared to the majority (white folks). It has different connotations in somewhere like South Africa, where heavily mixed folks are considered a buffer class i.e “colored”. Those “afro-mexican” women above would be considered colored there.

Not really sure how America isn’t a good barometer when folks believe Mariah Carey and even the former NYK Hartenstein black. If america isn’t a good barometer why are folks here so quick call Tyla black but she herself considered herself colored despite having black ancestry? If america isn’t a good barometer how do you reconcile that with the one drop rule that many subscribe to here?

Again, your American point makes no sense. I know you want to shyt on the country and get your rocks off but it really wasn’t a good point. In America they’d be considered black. In many parts of the world, they aren’t black but “mixed” and a buffer class.
It's oxymoronic to say that a person with African/Black ancestry isn't of such decent when the DNA and ancestry proves that.

Yeah, I know you're talking about “social norms” but social norms don't supersede DNA and ancestral background.

The women photographed have clear African/Black ancestry and bloodline. That's not disputable. Some societies may not consider them that socially in terms of status but technically and factually they are of African/Black descent, and that's the reason why when people say most of the world is Black it's because of the same thing I am alluding to.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's oxymoronic to say that a person with African/Black ancestry isn't of such decent when the DNA and ancestry proves that.

Yeah, I know you're talking about “social norms” but social norms don't supersede DNA and ancestral background.

The women photographed have clear African/Black ancestry and bloodline. That's not disputable. Some societies may not be considered them that socially in terms of status but technically and factually they are of African/Black descent, and that's the reason why when people say most of the world is Black it's because of the same thing I am alluding to.
so you think the major of the people in the world are Black?

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Can you drop a video or photos
Cuz when I search youtube and google I don't consider them Mexicans at all
Black Panamanians and Cubans all day
but the Mexicans just look more indigenous than anything

Ppl that look like them are found all over Latin America & the Caribbean.

Afro-Mexicans are Black.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
so you think the majority of the people in the world are Black?
Yes, it's a known fact that the majority of the world's population genetically is of African/Black descent with ancestral roots, bloodline/DNA.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AksumMapKaleb.png

A lot of people think Africans in Yemen and Saudi are only descendants of slaves, but that's not the full story. Besides the fact that the ancient Aksumite Kingdom had a strong trade network connecting Africa and Arabia and had many people travel to the region as diplomats, traders and settlers, in the 6th century, King Kaleb of Aksum went to Yemen to overthrow the Jewish Himyarite King who had been killing and persecuting Aksumite Christians.

After defeating the king, who committed suicide rather than be caught, King Kaleb turned Yemen and parts of current Saudi Arabia into the colony of Axumite Arabia where Aksumites ruled for a couple of decades before losing the area and regaining it and then losing it again to the Persian Empire.

I say all that to say, the African presence in Yemen and Saudi also has deep roots in Aksumite imperial strength, not just slavery.

yeah, they always like to point to slavery, when this region borders east Africa. There's was no electric fence set up there centuries ago to keep people from establishing black communities in that region.

I know a few black Yemeni women from Detroit(they're in Canada now) back in the day.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Ppl that look like them are found all over Latin America & the Caribbean.

Afro-Mexicans are Black.

these people are not black to me
I wouldn't look at the family in the third video and say thats a strong black family

people that look like this is what I consider black
Sech he is Panamanian

timestamped Colombians

them mexicans look indigeous I need the dna test to see the african percentages :mjlol: