NULL
not watched the video yet. Brazil will be top

edit - yup. not that this took great mental power. it has always been like this

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I've seen a lot of Colombians that look like black people
I never seen no Mexican like that
I think the same about the Brazilian numbers, I'm skeptical of what they consider black
it definitely doesn't fit the definition I have of "blackness" from the perspective of being a black male from the US
Thats what im saying. I agree with you. You can go to Colombia and spot someone that looks like your cousin within minutes or seconds of arriving at the airport

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
excuse my ignorance but what does a black mexican look like
been to a few different places in mexico and never saw someone I would consider black
afromexicans.jpg

this aint black to me
the google pics that come up when I search
Those are Mexicans who are of Black/African blood and ancestral/generational roots. Nothing about them in the photo is European descent, throughout the world those with African ancestral backgrounds appearances all vary due to numerous factors as a few others pointed out.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
excuse my ignorance but what does a black mexican look like
been to a few different places in mexico and never saw someone I would consider black
afromexicans.jpg

this aint black to me
the google pics that come up when I search
1*IgNHRJWsB8W_-l86LnW-ng.jpeg

1*j3xm0sMy3my5_5XkaiRvLA.jpeg

afroamexicanos_2_2015_07_05.jpg

F51GpmtWoAADBoU

The same Google shows Afro-Mexicans as obviously Black.

These people are Black, this ain’t up for debate.

Besides, the world doesn’t revolve around America’s take on Blackness.

We see this said in Afro-Diasporian dialogues all the time.

Afro-Mexicans are Black.

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I've seen a lot of Colombians that look like black people
I never seen no Mexican like that
I think the same about the Brazilian numbers, I'm skeptical of what they consider black
it definitely doesn't fit the definition I have of "blackness" from the perspective of being a black male from the US
I mean it’s basically the one-drop rule to a greater power, but the mixture is Black and Indigenous instead of the Black and White blend that we’re used to.

You gotta keep in mind slavery ended for Mexico early in the game, so they heavily mixed in with the indigenous populations over time. I wouldn’t compare Mexico to other Latin American places like Colombia, Brazil, Cuba, etc.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
1*IgNHRJWsB8W_-l86LnW-ng.jpeg

1*j3xm0sMy3my5_5XkaiRvLA.jpeg

afroamexicanos_2_2015_07_05.jpg

The same Google shows Afro-Mexicans as obviously Black.

These people are Black , this ain’t up for debate.

Besides, the world doesn’t revolve around America’s take on Blackness, we see this said in Afro-Diasporian dialogues all the time.

Afro-Mexicans are Black.
This doesn’t make sense. America’s take on blackness would consider them black due to the one drop rule and brainwashing. In south africa they wouldnt be considered black but “colored”

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Those are Mexicans who are of Black/African blood and ancestral/generational roots. Nothing about them in the photo is European descent, throughout the world those with African ancestral backgrounds appearances all vary due to numerous factors as a few others pointed out.
hair texture off top
You are entitled to your opinion
saying nothing in the photo is of European descent is wild to me

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean it’s basically the one-drop rule to a greater power, but the mixture is Black and Indigenous instead of the Black and White blend that we’re used to.

You gotta keep in mind slavery ended for Mexico early in the game, so they heavily mixed in with the indigenous populations over time. I wouldn’t compare Mexico to other Latin American places like Colombia, Brazil, Cuba, etc.
I agree but the indigenous people weren't what I would call "black"

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Most of the world's population is ethnically of Black/African descent.

It's not a far fetch to believe Brazil has 115M citizens who are ethically African/Black but unfortunately, many different parts of countries around the world still operate in the sense of stigmatizing being Black/African so numbers get skewed and are often underreported/unrepresented.
Most of 8 billion? Nah.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This doesn’t make sense. America’s take on blackness would consider them black due to the one drop rule and brainwashing. In south africa they wouldnt be considered black but “colored”
America used to refer to Black Americans at some point as “colored folks” so that's not really a good barometer.

The only thing that matters is their DNA/ancestral roots and backgrounds. Skin tone also being a big indicator, nobody in this world with the tone of those women in the photos posted would be considered as anything other than women of Black and African ancestry.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
in Africa and Europe Americans Blacks are not even black enough :mjlol:

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
hair texture off top
You are entitled to your opinion
saying nothing in the photo is of European descent is wild to me

The only thing that matters is their DNA/ancestral roots and backgrounds. Skin tone also being a big indicator, nobody in this world with the tone of those women in the photos posted would be considered as anything other than women of Black and African ancestry.