The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

Daps
Reppin
X
Just cause you call yourself black does it make it so. Look at Dolezal. She is a mixed women with black lineage.
Didn't I tell you to stop quoting me? You know damn well Dolezal has no black lineage but you want to be petty and willfully ignorant.

I'm discussing this with people who actually respect and understand African American racial politics. Go post in the Dominican thread and talk about how harmful their self-hating racial politics are instead of shytting on African Americans who take pride in being black regardless of their complexion.

Or, better yet, create a thread about Togo or wherever it is your people are from. I guarantee you, you won't find me in there, arrogantly telling you all the ways I think Togo is backward. Why? Because I have respect and too much pride in my people to obsess over anyone else's.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Didn't I tell you to stop quoting me? You know damn well Dolezal has no black lineage but you want to be petty and willfully ignorant.

I'm discussing this with people who actually respect and understand African American racial politics. Go post in the Dominican thread and talk about how harmful their self-hating racial politics are instead of shytting on African Americans who take pride in being black regardless of their complexion.

Or, better yet, create a thread about Togo or wherever it is your people are from. I guarantee you, you won't find me in there, arrogantly telling you all the ways I think Togo is backward. Why? Because I have respect and too much pride in my people to obsess over anyone else's.
My point is Dolezal could find black lineage, you don't know your ancestry. Most people don't know the full scope of their lineage anyway. And if she does have black lineage would that make her black? When does having black lineage stops counting? Just cause a bunch of biracials octaroons, quadroons call themselves black doesn't mean that they are.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

I am not trying to define african american identity. I am talking about the black race in general.

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

Black americans are not that different from Dominicans in their perception of race/coloorism. Y'all just approach the subject from two different extremes. While Dominicans will one drop rule themselves into whiteness...black americans one drop rule into blackness. But racial hierarchy is the same, and the closer to white you are, the better you are perceived, the more opportunities you have, the more you are valued in society/in the black community. The one credit I give black americans, y'all make an effort to counteract it but dominicans don't, they just accept it. Y'all just hide it under fake pride...personal observation.

To put it simply black americans are more hypocritical when it comes to subject of colorism. Dominicans maybe self haters but they are brutally honest on the subject. However, I don't blame black americans, it's part of 21st century North American PC culture.

P.S: I noticed most of the examples posted are of women.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

1. Poitier negged you for your post in the thread The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's to AfroAmerican identity. With the following comment: fukk out of here bytch
    5:26 PM
  2. :yeshrug:I gave no Fs...stay pressed.

Togo.trip.north.Sokode.May10%20087.jpg

Lack of infrastructure in your country but you are online trying to dictate AA culture to AA :scust:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Togo.trip.north.Sokode.May10%20087.jpg

Lack of infrastructure in your country but you are online trying to dictate AA culture to AA :scust:

There's infrastructure...Most likely in the village. But those traditional mud huts keep coolness better than western architecture in africa. Mudhuts with a modern twist is all the rage. But ya...Togo is a developing country.

But Lome looks like this;

Lom%C3%A978.jpg

Last edited:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
There's infrastructure...Most likely in the village. But those traditional mud huts keep coolness better than western architecture in africa. Mudhuts with a modern twist is all the rage. But ya...Togo is a developing country.

But Lome looks like this;

Lom%C3%A978.jpg
Lome.jpg

Daps
Reppin
X
Black americans are not that different from Dominicans in their perception of race/coloorism. Y'all just approach the subject from two different extremes. While Dominicans will one drop rule themselves into whiteness...black americans one drop rule into blackness. But racial hierarchy is the same, and the closer to white you are, the better you are perceived, the more opportunities you have, the more you are valued in society/in the black community. The one credit I give black americans, y'all make an effort to counteract it but dominicans don't, they just accept it. Y'all just hide it under fake pride...personal observation.

To put it simply black americans are more hypocritical when it comes to subject of colorism. Dominicans maybe self haters but they are brutally honest on the subject. However, I don't blame black americans, it's part of 21st century North American PC culture.

P.S: I noticed most of the examples posted are of women.

African Americans embracing their blackness despite color is and always will be an act of resistance to white supremacy, not comparable to Dominicans who seek to disavow their blackness at all costs, as an act of cowardice and submission to the notion of white superiority. The fact that you would compare the two shows just how ignorant you are.

Too bad I can't tell my late great-grandmother who picked 50 pounds of cotton a day to feed her babies, because that was the only opportunity afforded to her as a black woman in the segregated South, how privileged she was because she was very light.

Don't forget, I saw you in that other thread, caping for that darker skinned sister who refused to be called black because she identified as Native.You had no problem postulating that she wasn't black even though she had visible SSA Ancestry and little phenotypical native features. Yet here you are, mad that people with visible European and SSA ancestry would call themselves black.

Which leaves me to believe that you have an issue with your own blackness full-stop. Why else would it bother you so that a biracial or light skinned person would embrace their blackness instead of shun it? Is your husband white? Your kids moolatte? Do you ship Olitz?

:mjlol: I'm just putting the pieces of the puzzle together. :ufdup:One last time, for real, stop quoting me.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
People still responding to Yup, a non African-American, trying to talk African-American History.

:dead:
You and your brehs justification for calling white people black is weak simply put. I have not heard one honest/reasonable argument presented for upholding one drop rule today. Whites were indentured servants, not far removed from slaves. I don't agree that struggle/discrimination equates the black experience. That's the recurrent conclusion that I see made. No one wants to broach the subject on when having one drop of black blood doesn't cut it anymore. All the arguments are cyclical...I predict that as biracials/mixed looking people increase in number, black americans will be forced to redefine the black identity. And since so much of being black depends on whites characterization of blackness I suspect that, it will change in time. It's not hard to absorb a nearly white person into the white collective, black grenes aren't that strong when they have been severely diluted to being almost unrecognizable. When whites will start embracing openly white lookibg 'blacks' I sure hope the black commubity has more ammo than 'y'all would have been slaves too in 19 th century america'.

Last edited:

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
It's not meaningless because without them, the Afram identity wouldn't have it's it's own distinctive culture/traits.

Being of african descent is what makes "black" people

If you aren't of black african descent, you can't be "Black"

Black Americans are "Black" because they are of African descent but the term is inclusive that really as long as you'reof black african descent, you can look like anything racially speaking and incorporate non-negroid admix and still be considered "Black".

At 6:37 that is what the one drop rule was about. It ain't got shyt to do with people who look like Beyonce or Lisa Raye. They ass was black regardless. It only mattered to people who actually, legitmitely looked white but were known to be of recent African ancestry like the dude in the video. He considers himself black because his family is from a time period in Virginia when the one drop rule was actually real and bout that. It also has nothing to do with bi-racial or light skinned people. I'm pretty sure America has always had a mullatto option, they ass was still a slave though.

The one drop rule was about telling people that they weren't white and keeping them from the white race, not whites attempting to tell us who was black. You foreign blacks and half-breeds don't seem to even know what the one drop rule is about, and the fact that you people think it is still in action today is ridiculous. And the damn thing was probably regional. Everything I've ever read about it always had something to do with Virginia and the Carolinas, and it had a lot to do with Native Americans and the Lumbees too.