The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
:mjlol::francis::scust:
Out of all the shyt I typed you chose to respond to this? Yep, I see your problem. You are insecure about being a dark skinned woman and projecting your low self-esteem onto AAs through a defunct one drop rule. Even tried to breed yourself out of your own children:childplease::youngsabo:

You look like a beautiful young lady, shame it had to materialize in that form:francis:

Sorry to disappoint. I don't worship biracials or light skinned and would love to get darker.

Back to topic at hand...

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Sorry to disappoint. I don't worship biracials or light skinned and would love to get darker.

Back to topic at hand...

Judging from your avi you look to be a shade darker than me.

Id much rather live in a country where I can look at you and say "that's my sister :obama:"

Than live in one where Id say "Hurry up with my plantains punta :ld:"

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Well she isn't. She's biracial: black and Portuguese
If she woulda been a slave that means she's black by American standards.

Going by the logic of some of yall not all slaves were black :deadmanny:

This means Malcolm X wasn't black either since you need two black parents to create a black child :sas1:

By coli standards anyway :whoa:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
L11
If she woulda been a slave that means she's black by American standards.

Going by the logic of some of yall not all slaves were black :deadmanny:

This means Malcolm X wasn't black either since you need two black parents to create a black child :sas1:

By coli standards anyway :whoa:

Slave notwithstanding....the differentiation was made even then. Hence why mixed people had position that less mixed did not have. There's a false equivalency that all blacks were treated the same. I understand the need to not create division but the reality is the less black you were/look the more opportunities opened up to you. It is intellectual dishonest to say otherwise.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
A slave is a slave. Either way they were property
A slave is a slave but differences are made. It is dismissive to not acknowledge that reality. If there is a color heirarchy, it should be acknowledged not dismissed.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh look at countries like Brazil that have all those different racial distinctions. At its core theres no difference than a caste system. Most of the posters on here wouldn't even be considered black in Brazil but wanna prop it up as a model of how race relations should be. In South Africa most of us would be at the very bottom of the social structure without any opportunity to improve our condition

But these are the countries we need to model ourselves after :francis:

Breh kats slow I tell you.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
He was engaged to her.

He died in her arms per Quincy Jones.
pac wasn't engaged to her, she said that after he died. everybody in his camp was calling bs, his own body guard(who was with him 24/7 ) said pac didn't like her because she was spoiled and had nothing in common . Pac used her for to get to Quincy

pac wasnt on that rainbow coalition like the fans who try to make him one after listen to changes (remade one)

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
You guys are so silly. You hold black people up to this one drop standard but never hold white people up to them.

Tell me why white people or any other American ethnicity group doesn't have to up hold this but black people do?

Before I answer, can you tell me what country you're from?