The "1 Drop Rule" explained and how it's tied to AfroAmerican identity

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nope. In the Carribean, you're balck if you're black

In most black countries and in Africa mixed people are not considered black and there's no caste system.
Breh look at countries like Brazil that have all those different racial distinctions. At its core theres no difference than a caste system. Most of the posters on here wouldn't even be considered black in Brazil but wanna prop it up as a model of how race relations should be. In South Africa most of us would be at the very bottom of the social structure without any opportunity to improve our condition

But these are the countries we need to model ourselves after :francis:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You use pac as a reference but pac himself didnt believe race mixing and didnt consider mixed as black

That was all talk...:mjlol:

He didn't have anything against race mixing, he just had beef with Quincy Jones always getting with white women:russ:

1:00:00

"My father didn’t like Tupac at first. Tupac said in an interview in the The Source magazine, "Interracial couples. Quincy Jones is disgusting. "All he does is stick his dikk in white bytches and make fukked up kids.” That made Daddy mad. My sister wrote back a nasty letter to The Source and they printed it. Not only that, two white girls in San Francisco wrote letters to the editor that said, If you don’t like white people, what about when you hung with us?” Anyway, I met Tupac at a club after that and he said, “I want to apologize to you. I didn’t mean that about your dad or you. I didn’t see you as real human beings. Now that I see you…” He was all game. He was trying to get a play, let’s face it, but I liked him. I didn’t tell my dad about it, because I thought there’d be trouble."

pac also got with Sali who was half white:comeon:

5HUHnS7.jpg

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh look at countries like Brazil that have all those different racial distinctions. At its core theres no difference than a caste system. Most of the posters on here wouldn't even be considered black in Brazil but wanna prop it up as a model of how race relations should be. In South Africa most of us would be at the very bottom of the social structure without any opportunity to improve our condition

But these are the countries we need to model ourselves after :francis:

Go read my (edited) post again. And as far as the bottom of society goes, blacks are at the bottom in every non-black society, regardless of system classification.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
In most black countries and in Africa mixed people are not considered black and there's no anti-black caste system. The caste system only exists in places non-blacks live alongside blacks. In this way then blacks can absolutely have a pure race model system (which is already in effect in most countries outside the USA anyway) and reap benefits from it. The fact is that the one drop rule is nonsensical and has negative consequences. If Americans want to keep it that way, that is their choice but don't pretend it is about black people. Using OP's logic, any non-black person can be black. The only difference is in degree.
As an African American Im proud to look in the mirror every day and see a black man looking back at me. Now look at my avi and tell me do you see someone who looks like he has 100% African blood. If I was Dominican, for example, Id be distancing myself away from blacks like they were lepers. And all becuz of my complexion.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
If Americans want to keep it that way, that is their choice but don't pretend it is about black people. Using OP's logic, any non-black person can be black. The only difference is in degree.

No they can't and I already explained why

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

He didn't have anything against race mixing, he just had beef with Quincy Jones always getting with white women:russ:

"My father didn’t like Tupac at first. Tupac said in an interview in the The Source magazine, "Interracial couples. Quincy Jones is disgusting. "All he does is stick his dikk in white bytches and make fukked up kids.” That made Daddy mad. My sister wrote back a nasty letter to The Source and they printed it. Not only that, two white girls in San Francisco wrote letters to the editor that said, If you don’t like white people, what about when you hung with us?” Anyway, I met Tupac at a club after that and he said, “I want to apologize to you. I didn’t mean that about your dad or you. I didn’t see you as real human beings. Now that I see you…” He was all game. He was trying to get a play, let’s face it, but I liked him. I didn’t tell my dad about it, because I thought there’d be trouble."

5HUHnS7.jpg

nikkas seem to forget that Pac was smashing Madonna at one point :mjlol:

Oh yea and Jasmine Guy too who by coli standards isn't black either :francis:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

5HUHnS7.jpg

Im not talking about dating

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Get off your high horse the average aa is multi generationally mixed and has 77% black lineage not 77% white lineage. There's a difference between someone being 50% black or less vs someone 75% or more. Stop kidding yourself. Nobody is taking these white folks masquerading as black seriously not even those who hold fast to the one drop rule. Blackness isn't something you can put on or take off at the drop a hat.

The system in latin america is a different ball game which goes in the opposite extreme where people with majority black lineage claim white or indio. That's not good too. Point is; neither extremes are good. There's big difference between accepting yourselves as multi generationally mixed group with a predominant african lineage vs claim whites as black because they some far off black ancestor.
:mjlol::francis::scust:
Out of all the shyt I typed you chose to respond to this? Yep, I see your problem. You are insecure about being a dark skinned woman and projecting your low self-esteem onto AAs through a defunct one drop rule. Even tried to breed yourself out of your own children:childplease::youngsabo:

You look like a beautiful young lady, shame it had to materialize in that form:francis:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
:mjlol::francis::scust:
Out of all the shyt I typed you chose to respond to this? Yep, I see your problem. You are insecure about being a dark skinned woman and projecting your low self-esteem onto AAs through a defunct one drop rule. Even tried to breed yourself out of your own children:childplease::youngsabo:

You look like a beautiful young lady, shame it had to materialize in that form:francis:
Most of us posters wouldn't even be considered black if not for the one drop rule :pachaha:

Maybe they wanna do away with it so they wont be considered black anymore :ohhh:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This also helps explain how the One Drop rule works and why it doesn't apply to mixed peoplewith visible/obvious black features

BdrCylx.png

I don't understand your point. I doubt 1/3rd of whites have black ancestry as most studies do not produce the same result. It merely article shows a graph which shows that genetic admixture is correlated apperance in African Americans. The article says: "In this diagram you can see a positive correlation between skin tone and African admixture. If you are African American, the more African ancestry you have, the higher your melanin index". In other words, the more African ancestry you have, the darker your skin on average.