That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
Not sure why people are surprised by this. I'd wager that they have less tolerance for this shyt than most. :manny:
They’re surprised bc they love to pretend white Americans are the only racists, xenophobia doesn’t exist, & everyone else is an innocent minority poc despite outnumbering whites across the globe and having their own racist cultures/customs.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I’m speaking to the fact that pretty much everything sold in the US is made in China. That’s just a reality and what he is asking is far from possible.
And what I meant is everything you buy from China had carcinogens!!!

Your girl could but a purse that’s just there laying on the hallway, spreading cancer.

Everything from China is carcinogenic
I’m not kidding

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
That's kind of my point. To say "no one" is fukking with this movie might be hyperbole, but on the real A Little Mermaid movie based on the '89 animated movie should have been able to crack a billion easy. I think it's going to have a steep dropoff after this weekend too especially with the upcoming movies in the following weeks. I think they should have just went all in and made the entire cast black instead of the half-stepping casting they went with. At least try to get the black demo sewn up.
The movie should do around 650-800 million worldwide. That's pretty good given the backlash. The only upcoming movie I see hurting its legs is Spider-Man. The Flash, Transformers, Indiana Jones and Elemental early tracking has been mediocre.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
They’re surprised bc they love to pretend white Americans are the only racists, xenophobia doesn’t exist, & everyone else is an innocent minority poc despite outnumbering whites across the globe and having their own racist cultures/customs.
Repped. I'm sick of people acting like white people hold the monopoly on racism and anti-blackness...when Asians been on that tip for a while now.
We not supposed to call it out or something? That's why i HATE that term "POC" why are we as black people sharing anything with people who hate us just as much as white people do? They show us how they feel bout us time and time again. That's what gets on my nerves...and time and time again some black folks...especially the ones deluded into believing into this "POC coalition" BS are shocked cause they believe that cause they ain't white they understand what black people go through.
:mjlol:
what a crock of horse shyt.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Nobody's fukking with this movie, not even the coli

Yeah...i appreciate Halle for holding black love strong with her boyfriend in the face of all these dusty divestors trying to stray her, but I'm not taking daughter to watch this bedwench tale.