That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

Daps
This movie was going to bomb even if it had a white lead. Let’s stop making a big deal about /

yeah i don't have a problem with swirl or re-racing characters or anything but the little mermaid is not the most compelling story.. people comparing it to black panther is a dizzy ass comparison lol.... and top gun with the most famous actor in the world staring in the sequel to his most famous movie is off.... idk about "bomb" cuz it's def not doing that but little mermaid was never THAT girl

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
My kids enjoy the music of little maermaid but they didn’t really execute “under sea” or sebastian well. Halle was is great and I don’t think she did a bad job. I figured me and my son wouldn’t like it. I was shocked my daughters didn’t either.
I want Halle to win. She’s quiet for the most part and is trying to live and prosper.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
My kids enjoy the music of little maermaid but they didn’t really execute “under sea” or sebastian well. Halle was is great and I don’t think she did a bad job. I figured me and my son wouldn’t like it. I was shocked my daughters didn’t either.
Interesting

What are their ages?

As long as she wasn’t the reason it sucked :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

vino

Superstar
Daps
Interesting

What are their ages?

As long as she wasn’t the reason it sucked :yeshrug:

It just little mermaid story line isn’t that great to begin with. The music is what stood as a cartoon. But, they didn’t do the music scenes any justice. The guy who said plays Eric singing moment was bad too. But, Halle executed the mermaid sound well.

mine 7 5 3

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Black panther did very well in Asia.
Came in here to post this, but it had to deal with ADOS and hip hop culture with male leads/villains. This is something way fkn diff so I can see how it tanked.