That's not my Ariel!!! Asia rejects the Little Mermaid at the box office

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
This isn't true. In North America the movie is on track to do about 120-130 million over the 4 day memorial weekend. The movie is also doing well in the UK and Australia.

We'll see how it pans out. A property like this should be able to crack a billion easy.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Nobody's fukking with this movie, not even the coli

I read a review on the NYT by a "shea butter LGBTQ new black" (I don't like using these terms but for the Coli's sake..) and he basically even said "nah this ain't it".

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don't understand the making a white character black shyt
just make a black character
I don't want a asian version of the boondocks
In this case, I kinda believe trying to make Ariel black was secondary to the fact that Halle can really sing

My aunt said her voice gave her goosebumps and she never heard of her before this :ehh:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Black panther did very well in Asia.

comparatively speaking it made a higher proportion of its box office at home than other similarly grossing MCU films.

it was the highest grossing USA MCU film while being around #4 overall due to less interest globally.

also they altered the posters for asia and had white protagonists (the first people in the first trailer told from their point of view) to try and keep breh-a-phobes interested.

0015bf80a18e015074f04f80b957e204

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Nobody's fukking with this movie, not even the coli

Lmao no way the cuck moderators revoked my ability to participate in this thread

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
We'll see how it pans out. A property like this should be able to crack a billion easy.
Unless this movie do what Black Panther and Top Gun Maverick did domestically(700+ million)This movie won't get close to a billion. You need Asia to Crack a billion. I also believe most of Latin America is not fukking with this movie so it will be very hard for this movie to Crack a billion.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Unless this movie do what Black Panther and Top Gun Maverick did domestically(700+ million)This movie won't get close to a billion. You need Asia to Crack a billion. I also believe most of Latin America is not fukking with this movie so it will be very hard for this movie to Crack a billion.
That's kind of my point. To say "no one" is fukking with this movie might be hyperbole, but on the real A Little Mermaid movie based on the '89 animated movie should have been able to crack a billion easy. I think it's going to have a steep dropoff after this weekend too especially with the upcoming movies in the following weeks. I think they should have just went all in and made the entire cast black instead of the half-stepping casting they went with. At least try to get the black demo sewn up.

Last edited: