Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just another motherfukking day for Dre so I begin like this
No medallions, dreadlocks, or black fists it's just
That gangster glare, with gangster raps
That gangster shyt, that makes the gang of snaps,

How did Dr. Dre get away with that? :mindblown: :mjpls: We need to make a thread about that.

No wonder Ice Cube bounced NWA and wanted nothing from Death Row

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
That's crazy. Who's responsible for that shift?

Btw tribe called quest is a example of a group that didn't switch their style up but stayed relevant

Midnight Marauders 93 :wow:
Tribe sound was so unique, while many rappers had to rely on other nikkas to make they beats

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
People do underestimate what Naughty brought to the game for real. I mean when O.P.P. hit it was over. The song was big, Naughty gear was all over the place. Just the term O.P.P. in itself was crazy... people still use it today. I’m appreciating all the knowledge being dropped in here... this is the Coli at its best.
Outside of hip hop hooray and Treach being cool with Pac. Idk shyt bout Naughty By Nature.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
I wanted to talk about this. The album that pops in my mind is 14 Shots to the Dome. If you go back and listen to that album, it's dope. Especially the Pink Cookie remix done by Easy Mo Bee. The only problem is that we weren't used to hearing LL on those type of beats. The same thing with Hammer's The funky headhunter album. That shyt was hot, but no one took Hammer serious doing G Funk. I hated 14 shots to the dome back in 93. I thought it was one of the worst albums of the year until years later listening to it again and thinking that people just weren't used to hearing LL on those beats.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
cube may have been one of the originators of gangsta rap but people say he was bandwagoning because in 1993/1994 he was putting Khalid Muhammad on his albums and name dropping him then months later out of nowhere all the pro blackness in his music disappeared and is making gangbanging music with Westside Connection

ice cube made a song called “us” in 91 where he calls out the degeneracy of the black race but he reinforces all those stereotypes on the westside connection album years later