That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of The U.M.C's

I just recently realized that Haas G produced "Magic Stick" for 50 Cent and Lil Kim. He also produced "Rotten Apple" for 50 Cent too. That's fukking crazy.

Haas also produced Apollo Kids

question for you.. where do you rank this video / artist in the hardcore debate

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Haas also produced Apollo Kids

question for you.. where do you rank this video / artist in the hardcore debate

Good question. That's actually one of my favorite rap albums of the 90s. The thing is, it kinda is him doing a parody of the "Hardcore" rap style. So I kinda look at it more of him making fun of it than actually participating. Ace, Paula Perry and Lord Digga all were kinda just poking fun at it, but they did it extremely well.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Good question. That's actually one of my favorite rap albums of the 90s. The thing is, it kinda is him doing a parody of the "Hardcore" rap style. So I kinda look at it more of him making fun of it than actually participating. Ace, Paula Perry and Lord Digga all were kinda just poking fun at it, but they did it extremely well.

I love the Slaughtahouse album. I don't think he was switching his style up, but instead being satirical with this.

Masta Ace slaughterhouse is an album we cant put in any category..
yes its a paraody
but he had to switch to hardcore to poke fun at hardcore.. just like he switched his style for sitting on chrome..
he is one of my favorites..

ace, common, ghost and sean price are my favorites..

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even cube was guilty of this. He was never a soft rapper by any means, but he went from a political rapper to super gangster. I think 2pac and Monster kody called him out on it.

I know this is old but this one of the dumbest posts I ever read on here........yeah AMW and Death Cert were not gangsta rap albums per se but Cube on Straigh Outta Compton is the definition of "supergangster"