That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I don’t know if this been posted yet but here yall go...

From

To

I like that Just Another Day song though

:obama:

Then the West Coast Tim Dog aka Tweedy Bird Loc dissed her

I remember I posted this on a thread about rap songs with anti-LGBTQ lyrics, Fo Clipse(RIP) had my dying with "Who's the Dyke? On The Mob"

:russ:
:deadmanny:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
nikkah i dont even have a account over there nor do I check that site. That fool literally jacked my whole stat:gucci:. Word for word.. Video for video the fukk?

I’ve seen “blue check” Twitter folks jack this place word for word many times.

The coli is more of a think tank than it even realizes

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw bruh.... You must not of heard "Straight outta Compton" or "Amerikkka's Most Wanted". You got it backwards... Ice Cube's early music was the Gangsta shyt... his later albums were less gangsta and more political.

This... and also Ice Cube is one of the main reasons why all these other rappers started trying to be more hardcore. Ice Cube been on some hardcore gangsta shyt ever since 1987 when he wrote Boys n the Hood for Eazy E and then 1988 when he wrote and rapped on songs on the Straight Outta Compton album. So... to say Ice Cube tried to jump on some hardcore shyt in 1993 is completely false.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Ehhhh, this is kinda a reach... their change was Low End Theory if anything, which was far, far different from the debut. That was where they changed their style of dress and their music was less 'happy'. Midnight was the continuation of that.
Troof

Low End was a different direction than the first joint. I don’t think they wanted to stay on that same flow as the first album, same as De La.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
think about this thread n go back n listen to enter the 36 chambers entire album...

u will laugh ya ass off.,.,rza on his willie d shyt jus cussin for no reason

hi-c was a trip im still confused why he went that route when he was already on some gd up comedy like eazy

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow... when you look back at it it's like SNL skits, it's like parody rap.
I lived through it and enjoyed the chit out of a lot of that music but in retrospect it's :russ:

But I guess it's always been like that though. The pendulum swings. First everything is G-Unit sneakers, shootouts and funny tanktops then its Kanye with the pink Polo.

Btw, "Ice Ice Baby" is nothing compared to that "Roll Em Up" :picard: