That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nikkas is tripping bigging up fukking ONYX they ain't start shyt

Onyx came in the game with this wack shyt in 89' (beat was ahead of its time tho)

then ghostwrote this joint for an r&b group you can see them in the video

Fredro Starr stole the Cuttroats concept & bought it to Jam Master Jay in 91 and blew the fukk up before the cuttroats had a chance to come out so by the time they did they sounded like they were biting Onyx smh

The cuttroats got done real wrong by the industry

Fredro said from jump their original style was Slick Rick knockoffs. Sonsee and DS missed JMJ's demo session, so Sticky came in, they did Stik 'N' Muve in his style, JMJ said "Gimme 12 of those", and the rest is history. JMJ and anyone related said the same. So, either they had their story extra straight from jump, and never strayed, Sticky somehow knew those cats and took the style, or some amount of coincidence. Can't be Menace, Bacdafucup came out months before the soundtrack. Also, at the end of the day, Onyx did it way better:manny:

Sucks what happened to them, sounds like a combination of label fukkery and bad decision making.

i think his name was forever outdated and also he never seemed to sign the right deal...even when My Life had a buzz and it seemed like Rawkus would do him right that shyt failed too :snoop:

Never promoted/marketed correctly. Had he been on a good label, he could have been a force. He had hits up until Fast Life, and had some underground hits after. Cold Chillin' had its own fukkery, and Kane probably got whatever real marketing they had.

You'll never hear me say this...

Enter the Wu Tang
Midnight Marauders
Buhloone Mind State
93 til Infinity
Doggystyle
Enter da stage
No Need for alarm
Here come the lords
Looks like a job for...
Strictly for my...
...I think Ultramagnetic MCs dropped a great album in 93.

That's albums i still listen to off top.

They buggin' out. 93 was amazing. Classics were dropping left and right.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
93' was :francis:

hip-hop really lost something when it wasn't cool to dance no more

This.. to me is the #1 reason why Puffy was able to kill the game because he helped bring the party back into the music

The sound of the culture changed again and had the Lox in shiny suits lol

Funny how that works

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
93' was :francis:

Good music is good music so it def was some standouts/exceptions but

I wasn't feeling that shift at all

It reflected the streets tho....nikkas was dancers with flat tops in 92' wearing zoot suits

year later had baldies and was talking tough :russ:in army fatigues and timbs

hip-hop really lost something when it wasn't cool to dance no more

No lies told :picard: