That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

REAL6

All Star
Daps
Friend of mine actually wrote a piece on how tempo changes and the decline in the traditional club scene led to the rise of an era were dancing/clubbing kind of lost its edge to street culture and began to inmpact how people interacted with the music.The tempo and energy shift also made the need for signature dances pretty much DOA since the music was more about attitude then actually made to make people dance,a stark contrast with,for examle the early 80's up to the New Jack Swing era in the late eighthies when the line between R&B and hip hop was still very much in place.Something similar happened in the late 70's when electronic devices like drum computers and sequencing made their way into traditional R&B,the tone and attitude changed along with chord structures which changed the way people danced and interacted with the music.That era were everybody was trying to adjust is a staple in hip hop and how it keeps itself from becoming stagnant.This period(808/AABB/ABAB rhymeschemes,autotune,melodic structures around bounce) is the longest running style of production and style we've seen and shows no signs of letting up.I think it will take a big shift in attitude to get trap'ish style hip hop out of here.

Anyway to read that?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Ahh the Simpler Times:banderas:I would "Blame" Onyx and NBN for that Transistion on the East Coast. Yeah Death Row/West Coast was getting Hot but I thought the Rapping Styles of the Posted Videos reflected those of Onyx, Das EFX and Treach more than a Snoop or Dre
glad you mentioned das efx because without a doubt that's who started the rugged phase

seeing everyone switch was kind of funny even at the time but you can't deny the beats that came with it were crazy

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
jeezus christ...don’t forget LL...even named the album ‘14 shots to the dome’ (double entendre but still lol)...on everything this album almost ruined his career cuz this shyt was absolutely not his lane...he did bounce back after this album tho...here was a lead track...the song wasn’t bad but it just wasn’t his image

14 shots to the dome was fire :wow:

LL proving he can do it all :wow:

Funkadelic Relic :wow:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
There’s no way OP didnt just make both threads on here and boxden lol, I doubt somebody random just cause ripped this thread like that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn.. that’s a good ass point. I remember when UNITY came out.. that was a big deal at the time. Like the emotion and passion Latifah put in that song... shyt sounded like went right to the studio and put it all out there right after some shyt happened to her. Great post man

I never fukked with UNITY....Shyt was nothing but a disguised black male bashing track.

Latifah's not slick.She got turned out & became one of them Hollywood Witches

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s like the hip hop historians kept 93 rap hid under a rock
Man that was a cringe year :russ:
You'll never hear me say this...

Enter the Wu Tang
Midnight Marauders
Buhloone Mind State
93 til Infinity
Doggystyle
Enter da stage
No Need for alarm
Here come the lords
Looks like a job for...
Strictly for my...
...I think Ultramagnetic MCs dropped a great album in 93.

That's albums i still listen to off top.