:mjlol::russ:

100.webp

This is Actually Hilarious.:russ::mjlol:

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wild thing about that... after all that loudness and gun talk...

the most remembered songs off that album were still "Back Seat of My Jeep" and "Pink Cookies" :russ: Which proves LL was jumpin' outta character for nothing and probably woulda had a more successful album if he'd tried not to be the grimiest nikka ever.

Also I think he was tryin' to resurrect that "Mama Said Knock You Out" energy... but this wasn't "I exploooode and my nine is easy to loooooad!". It was "rockabye baby on the rooftop, open up ya mouth and taste the GLOCKKKK"... :mjlol: nobody's takin' that seriously.

I just listened to the GLLLOOOCCKK song right now. Not even thinking about this thread and I swear I had a flashback to this post :russ:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
IIIII dunno about this one... Busta didn't get into all that shyt until much later. He was THE party rapper all thru the late 90s. It wasn't really til into the early-2000s that he suddenly became the hood guy, lol

Yea you’re right. That’s why I said after biggie became frank white. But it was a little later.

It was just so funny cause dude was putting out number 1s. Was a legend. His shyt was still selling. And he just changed it up and was a coke mixtape rapper for a minute out of nowhere

It's kinda wild listening to that tranformation. ELE was when it started to become apparent but he kept it in check for the most part. Anarchy in 2000 is when started taking himself too seriously and by The Big Bang, it was a wrap for silly Busta :snoop:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I know you little nikkas are functioning retards more often than not but lets clear the air:

Onyx did not start this shyt but you're lying to yourself if you think they didn't throw fuel on the fire

Yeap... cause like you said, they came ater it started off, but the Onyx imitation was definitely goin' on during this era as well. Anybody who says that didn't happen wasn't there.

Jinx`

Well damn.
Daps
Reppin
15-10
I definitely remember this phase. You even had RnB singers dressed up and moving around like cat burglars pointing there fingers at the camera like a gun while singing love songs.

Example

1992 but still applies

Lay off TBoz cuz.. I'm rollin :mjlol:

She was gang affiliated before the fame

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
I was a kid then, but as observant as I was, you saw the shift was big. That 93-94 period was something else. We went from wearing yellow & purple hoodies, to having kids look like construction workers.

As far as Cypress Hill, they didnt do what they did on purpose. I remember B Real talking about how few people thought they were from Los Angeles because they didnt look or sounded like a West Coast group when they dropped How I Could Just Kill A Man. The video was shot in NY last minute, it was winter, they looked Puerto Rican, & they didnt dress like East L.A. cholos. Plus they had no clue about Cypress Hills projects in Brooklyn. In Latin Lingo they looked all L.A., there was no doubt about where they were from.

Nothing about their sound or style yelled rugged or rough to me. Imo, they're what Outkast was to the South. If they were that influential on the style, & I was way too young to know, it was by sheer accident.

Last edited: