That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
nikkas is tripping bigging up fukking ONYX they ain't start shyt

Onyx came in the game with this wack shyt in 89' (beat was ahead of its time tho)

then ghostwrote this joint for an r&b group you can see them in the video

Fredro Starr stole the Cuttroats concept & bought it to Jam Master Jay in 91 and blew the fukk up before the cuttroats had a chance to come out so by the time they did they sounded like they were biting Onyx smh

The cuttroats got done real wrong by the industry

Damn! That’s crazy cause when I first heard Stop Lookin At Me off the Menace Soundtrack I thought they was biting Onyx hard! I was like “Why is Guru rappin with these Onyx wanna bes?” Now I know why. It was their style to begin with!

:snoop:

I knew Sticky had blonde dreads wore Hawaii shirts all the time and was a barber before the Onyx scene but damn!

Airfeezy

All Star
Daps
The drs shyt :dead:

These songs sound like parodies

looking at these videos now it definitely does it’s easy to see how forced these images were at the time we didn’t look at it like that tho a lot of these songs were actually huge gangsta lean and Run Dmc down with the king were definitely the shyt at that time even some of the gangsta hammer songs

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I know this came out a couple of years later...but how the fukk did Chubb Rock go from making all them new jack swing raps in the 80s to making gangsta/street shyt in the 90s?

And no lie, I actually prefer Chubb's gangsta shyt over his stuff with Hitman Howie Tee and I love both of that stuff.

Chubb wanted all the smoke with Cube and them, they wouldn't oblige tho/knew what was good for them.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
93 even had cac boy band lookalike rap groups go from this

Young_Black_Teenagers.jpg

To this....:scust:

:mjlol: I forgot about this.sounds like sesame Street writing a rap song.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yo, watching dudes like will smith, run dmc or mc hammer pretending to be street rappers was one big embarrassing moment in hip hop history :mjlol:

Even rookie shaq had to jump on this trend

At 0:45 did Shaq just say he doesn't give a heck about punching a hooker?