That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Not to mention the "HorrorCore" phase in 95 that had rappers doing some horror movie type of music videos and... nah man ima stop :russ:
0c616ae80673ce3a0fdb5d56f4963b2c.1000x998x1.jpg

:unimpressed:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He's right about Cube. Cube is 1 of my GOATs but facts are facts. Pac switched up 2
@ dat time but Cube was way worse.

When he did AMW it was basically a westcoast P.E. album. U mite give him a slight pass 4 dat cuz
he was workin w/ The Bomb Squad (P.E.'s producers) & the subject matter wasnt 2 far off from what he usually spat. Classic album nontheless.

Around '93 came the real switch tho. Grew an afro, his style became more laidback, rapped more about
smokin weed. All of dis cuz it was trending.

We know about the east vs. west issues in '95-'96, w/ 2pac being the front face of it. Here comes Cube & drops "Bow Down" goin @ the east w/ WC & Mack. Great album nontheless.

When P/No Limit hit '97? Now it's Don Mega & the sound & look was identical to No Limit's.
Nonsense

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:picard::mjtf:

I was like 3 at the time and I’m so glad I didn’t have to truly experience this beyond Hammer.

:unimpressed: Albright guys in order to sell records you’re gonna have to play it tough. Loose the fun guy act and get gangsta.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That DRS song :picard: that soft whimsical beat combined with the care free delivery makes the actual lyrics that much more vicious :dead:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
The switch up I noticed with Ice Cube is after Death Row blew up he jumped on that Funkadelic vibe. Cube wasn’t into funk in his earlier music like that but after DR he was “down with the bop gun” and using more p funk style production.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
What difference does that make in the impact that to this day resonates in the rap game,Whats Your Point?Cartoon c00n Ass c*nt.:scusthov::martin::mjtf:

:unimpressed:
The reason used the :mjlol: was cause it’s funny duh. I’m not knocking anything. Just humor. The neg wasn’t necessary but whatever. Carry on.

Never been called a c*nt on here. Relax fam.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
The switch up I noticed with Ice Cube is after Death Row blew up he jumped on that Funkadelic vibe. Cube wasn’t into funk in his earlier music like that but after DR he was “down with the bop gun” and using more p funk style production.

but there's Parliament/Funkadelic samples on all Cubes albums before Lethal Injection. Predator was out before The Chronic that year and he had the last song on there using the same sample as the last joint on Chronic. Cube was a part of the production crew on Death Certificate which uses a lot of Parliament samples, and he was heavily involved in choosing the samples for AMW. if he kept using the frenetic, fast paced style of beats he would have been played out by 93/94 he just adapted but kept a lot of his own style on Lethal Injection.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I can agree with this