That time in 1993 where artists had to switch up and go hardcore

Change

All Star
Daps
Cypress Hill had a lot to do with killing all the bright colors and and some older rhyme content. On top of those mentioned. ONYX, Naughty, Def Squad. etc..

I loved these years. 91 to 93 is a really unique time. I know it's hard to imagine A LOT of peoples top rappers just not really being around or known at the time.

A lot of styles started being mixed as well. This is around the time a lot of these guys were able to buy their own equipment and records and make what they want. They were also on bigger labels that left them alone for the most part.

Daps
So if Onyx, NWA, Death Row, etc are responsible for the shift to gangsta/hardcore rap, would Diddy be responsible for lightening the hip hop climate back up? 92-94 is a stark contrast from 96-97. Honestly, 92-00 feels like 3 or 4 different eras

That was the power of black music. Mothafukkas was changing rapidly. Bobby came into the 90s on his way to catching Mike yet by 93 it was done. Granted he would have still been poppin if he didn’t prioritize being an addict and spending Whitney’s money but you get the point

New Jack Swing
G-Funk
East Coast Grimey/Mafioso Raps
Bad Boy/No Limit
Rocafella/Cash Money/Ruff Ryders

Decade done :picard:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Word. On another note..

nikkas dont wanna talk about it,but..

Once Doggystyle hit..

Snoop said the same about Bad Boy on his latest Breakfast Club interview. I've BEEN sayin this.

Bad Boy was basically an eastcoast version of Death Row. The sound was very identical & Biggie's flow
was similar to Snoop's. Smooth yet gangsta. Rapping alotta pimp/fly shyt. Over funk/soul beats.

:mjlol: @ Melvin Riley. Never knew he had a solo & went that route.

It’s not a secret. Bad boy was east coast Deathrow. But also death row was easy coast rap, with smoother samples and flows.

Also the chronic brought pop level mastering and mixing. The grimey shyt was out.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Cypress Hill had a lot to do with killing all the bright colors and and some older rhyme content. On top of those mentioned. ONYX, Naughty, Def Squad. etc..

I loved these years. 91 to 93 is a really unique time. I know it's hard to imagine A LOT of peoples top rappers just not really being around or known at the time.

A lot of styles started being mixed as well. This is around the time a lot of these guys were able to buy their own equipment and records and make what they want. They were also on bigger labels that left them alone for the most part.

Facts.

I meant to make a post about Cypress Hill but got caught up at work.

When they 1st hit with How I Could Just Kill a Man and Hand On The Pump :whew:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Y’all are taking me back man lol! Thought the shyt was weak then but won’t front like I wasn’t messing with some of that stuff. I was a Tribe head back then of course and fukking with Scarface and the southern shyt too.,I didn’t realize how much a lot of those videos and songs sounded and looked so similar lol. Everybody had to try their hand at it..