That omnicron got my ass. Damn.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
people not getting tested and assuming they have covid is a bad look.

it's still cold and flu season. my niece (not old enough for vax) got a bad cold from school and tested negative. almost everyone else in their house got the cold too. they all tested negative, but hit a few of them with bad symptoms.

the mix of cold, flu, covid strains and vaccination hesitancy is causing a lot of confusion and misinformation.

i support getting vaxxed/booster, but also understand it's not a silver bullet. also doesn't protect against other bugs not related to covid. but can greatly reduce your chances of severe illness or worse from covid infection.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA

it's still cold and flu season. my niece (not old enough for vax) got a bad cold from school and tested negative. almost everyone else in their house got the cold too. they all tested negative, but hit a few of them with bad symptoms.

the mix of cold, flu, covid strains and vaccination hesitancy is causing a lot of confusion and misinformation.

i support getting vaxxed/booster, but also understand it's not a silver bullet. also doesn't protect against other bugs not related to covid. but can greatly reduce your chances of severe illness or worse from covid infection.
Pretty much spot on accurate.

SpacedOutGeek

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis,TN
I got this shyt too . My girl can’t taste shyt or smell shyt . Had since Wednesday . I’m good tho just like sinuses in shyt . Saturday was the worst had a fever .

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
These lines we seeing is for people NOT vaccinated???:what:
At least in Florida there are two lines. Ridiculously long line is for people waiting to get tested and/or get a at home test kit.

what I’m seeing here in miami is for the most part there isn’t a line to get the vaccine. Can just walk into the grocery store.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Just tested positive today :mjcry:

Just getting tested is a fukkin hassle. Im outside in the cold at 7am waiting on line at a citymd. 80 people in front of me. Took me an hr just to get to the front for them to tell me, you are number 81 in line, we will text you wen to come back.

I got chills, a fever, headache, sore throat, slight cough, body aches, and weakness.

I dont wish this shyt on my worst enemy brehs :mjcry:
Were you required to get tested for any particular reason? Were you already experiencing symptoms before you got tested? Just makes no sense to be sick, yet have to stand out in the cold for an extended period of time just to confirm what you already know.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Were you required to get tested for any particular reason? Were you already experiencing symptoms before you got tested? Just makes no sense to be sick, yet have to stand out in the cold for an extended period of time just to confirm what you already know.
For my job, i get 10 days off guaranteed if i produce a positive covid test.

Plus, my wife didnt really have any symptoms so I wanted to test to confirm I had it, so she can go get tested and not spread to people at her job.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
First responder, I been on the fence about the booster but I’m around multiple Covid patients most shifts. Might just get it

Been double masking, sanitizing all my equipment after calls. Not gon jinx myself tho. Had Covid around this time last year that shyt was top 3 WOAT physical experiences of my life

I broke my hip when I was 12. Broke my hand when I was 20. Broke my foot when I was 25.

The aches and pains from that pale in comparison to the feeling of the original variant. I caught it around this time last year and it was the worst feeling of my life.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

Depending on when and how they took those tests, they could all be false negatives. That’s the challenging part about this.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I know an older woman in the hospital right now. Her sister is home and sick. The one at home was recently vaccinated, the one in the hospital was not. She's on oxygen so she might be out of here. From what I understand none of their adult children are vaccinated either. Just pure ignorance. The one that was recently vaccinated, I don't think it was the second shot. From what was told to me she wanted to see what happened with everyone else before she took it. Meanwhile the vaccine has been available for a year. What more do you need to wait on?

What kills me is the specific type of ignorance in some black folks. They'll do everything unhealthy, consume everything unhealthy, but won't take that jab. It's the same mentality in the clowns that don't eat swine cuz it's a filthy animal, but they'll pollute their lungs and cloud their brains with weed and tobacco, drink alcohol excessively, etc.. They won't touch bacon though.
Some people don’t want to get the shot, get sick and have to miss work or just be sick.

That was my reasoning. I plan on getting it but kept pushing it off because I don’t wanna get sick from it and have to miss work, gym etc

I still work from home and go nowhere without a mask. Mask never comes off in the gym, and I only go to stores for groceries/takeout.

Only places I can possibly get affected are the mall and movies but there’s social distancing and you are masked up.

With two years in the making I didn’t get it until my pops traveled out of the country, came back sick and gave it to the whole fam.

Unless you’re out here living life like pre-Covid going on vacations, not working from home, not wearing a mask etc it’ll be hard to get it.