That 90’s Show Trailer

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
looks too much like that 70s show if that makes any sense, i know it's supposed to be as its a sequel series.

But i was looking forward to more of a 90s aesthetic. Like them hanging out in an Arcade instead of the local diner. They kids obviously still stoners but look generic, i was expected a half baked era looking skater kid at least. none of them fit that bill. If you seen Half Baked you sort of get the kind of vibe im talking about.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Okay, I watched a little. I stopped it after they included a vegan joke as an example.

Like I said, all this cancel nonsense is overblown.
Here's a quick example off the top of my head. I know it's not from 70s Show but bear with me.

There was a show on Disney called Jessie. There is an episode that got the network in a whole lot of trouble. So much so that they had to issue several apologies and remove the episode.

What happened, you asked?

There was a kid who had a gluten allergy in an episode and one of the kids made fun of it. He threw a pancake at the kid and yelled, "GLUTEN!"

AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. A crazy mom sent letters about how it made her daughter cry and her son ball up his fists!

Yes, this actually happened and Disney apologized. It's simple stuff like that which kills comedy a lot of times.

If a bread joke can cause that much of a circus, I'd hate to see a new wave take on a popular 90's tv show.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Here's a quick example off the top of my head. I know it's not from 70s Show but bear with me.

There was a show on Disney called Jessie. There is an episode that got the network in a whole lot of trouble. So much so that they had to issue several apologies and remove the episode.

There was a kid who had a gluten allergy in an episode and one of the kids made fun of it. He threw a pancake at the kid and yelled, "GLUTEN!"

AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. A crazy mom sent letters about how it made her daughter cry and her son ball up his fists!

Yes, this actually happened and Disney apologized. It's simple stuff like that which kills comedy a lot of times.

If a bread joke can cause that much of a circus, I'd hate to see a new wave take on a popular 90's tv show.
If you are calling what Disney Channel does comedy, you are already equating things falsely.

We‘ve had shows from the 80s updated with the same crude humor. Beavis and Butthead has been brought back twice since the 90s.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty weak example. That episode still runs in syndication too.

There was a Nickelodeon show that aired years later, called Henry Danger, and they had an episode making fun of people/celebs who push a gluten-free diet. I remember South Park doing an entire episode on it too, so I don't think it had much of an effect.

We've been hearing the cries of "comedy is dying" forever and it's still alive and well.

If you are calling what Disney Channel does comedy, you are already equating things falsely.

We‘ve had shows from the 80s updated with the same crude humor. Beavis and Butthead has been brought back twice since the 90s.
Right. Reno 911 was revived and is still as crude as ever.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
looks too much like that 70s show if that makes any sense, i know it's supposed to be as its a sequel series.

But i was looking forward to more of a 90s aesthetic. Like them hanging out in an Arcade instead of the local diner. They kids obviously still stoners but look generic, i was expected a half baked era looking skater kid at least. none of them fit that bill. If you seen Half Baked you sort of get the kind of vibe im talking about.
Yeah the updated version of the diner would be a small mall food court or arcade.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I absolutely loved That 70s show, but I don't think I can stomach this these days. Not a single character sounds interesting to me. They're just a bunch of overdone tropes. Now, there's nothing really wrong with that, *if* the actors behind the characters were able to elevate them, but I just can't see that happening. I know I'm judging too harshly and too early, but they all look too annoying for me to give 'em a chance. I'm passing.

Callie Haverda as Leia Foreman​

Smart like her mom, snarky like her dad, Leia is craving adventure. She’s just not quite sure where or how to start. Until she discovers a best friend in the most unlikely of places: next door to her grandparents house in Point Place.

Ashley Aufderheide as Gwen​

Life gets more interesting for Leia when she meets this Riot Grrrl. Equal parts loyalty, rebellion and heart, Gwen is a dynamic powerhouse and the unofficial leader of the new generation of Point Place kids. Love Gwen. Fear her. Follow her.

Mace Coronel as Jay​

Jay is charming and flirty – at least, he tries. It doesn’t always come out right. When he’s not hanging out with his best friend Nate or working at the local video store, he’s armed with a video camera and the whole world is his film set.

Maxwell Acee Donovan as Nate​

The polar opposite of his little sister, Gwen. Nate takes life as it comes, usually with a big open smile. He lets the gang ride in his van because there’s always something fun on the other side of the drive. He loves his family, his girlfriend and Garth Brooks.

Sam Morelos as Nikki​

Nikki is focused, smart, and driven. From the outside, you could easily see her becoming a doctor or a lawyer. But inside, she has more rebellion than a frustrated debutante and her boyfriend Nate can scratch that itch.

Reyn Doi as Ozzie​

Everyone loves them some Ozzie. He’s insightful, sarcastic and has perspective beyond his years. Ozzie is gay and impatient with the world for not being as accepting as his friends.

Yeah I feel you on this and see what @Silkk means as well. Sends like every show I tune into has to have an lgbt character. Far as these characters overall, I can definitely see this flopping. I think it'll end up being like the saved by the bell reboot. The og was great and the characters had personality but the new one seemed forced and they also had that tranny character. Just didn't feel the same. Mostly all of these reboots you can say the same for.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Started binging that 70s show after this. Forgot how hilarious this fukking show is. :mjlol:

That 90s show got its work cut out for sure........

Eric should've fukked Shelly.......................And his cousin :mjpls:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Started binging that 70s show after this. Forgot how hilarious this fukking show is. :mjlol:

That 90s show got its work cut out for sure........

Eric should've fukked Shelly.......................And his cousin :mjpls:
Aye shelly was legit pawg :yeshrug: Never really got the hype about donna midge was straight for her age