Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
They will say he was All Pro for 5 years instead of 3 so that qualifies him more, even though Davis' numbers shyt on Gale Sayers :aicmon:

If not that then it's different era talk but Jim Brown was before Gale Sayers and had completely dominated the NFL on a level far greater than Gale did so what Gale was doing wasn't anything unprecedented. Gale also didn't have any memorable playoff runs cause he never played in the postseason :heh:
Watch Gale run the football though :noah:

Watch him cut across people‘s faces effortlessly :ohlawd:

It was poetry in motion

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Sterling Sharpe is another player who doesn't belong in it.

He was great when he played. 3 All Pro's. But he had a career ending injury.

For a long time people were like, it's a shame he got hurt, he would've had a HOF career. His brother even gave a speech when he was inducted.

It went from it's a shame Sterling Sharpe got hurt because he was on his way to having a HOF career to now he's in the HOF.

If TD is in, Sterling should go in.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It was the system tbh. That one nikka named Griffin from OU balled out some games for the broncos around that time too. I forgot his first name

The system is foolproof. SF is proving this.

That said, of all the backs that have done well in it, they never hit Terrell Davis' statistical peak.

He has rushed for 2K, won an MVP, a SB MVP, 2X OPOY, 3X All-Pro and is arguably the greatest playoff running back ever. Whether he did it in 4 years or 14 years doesn't change that this is a HOF resume.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
If TD is in, Sterling should go in.
Again like I’ve said over and over

Gale Sayers set the precedent for a short brilliant career

Add Earl Campbell in there too cause he was done pretty quickly but he was incredible in his prime

TD and Sterling Sharpe are HOF players everyone that watched them knows that

Stop telling me bout those bum ass nikkas that came after TD. The only RB that made their mark after TD somewhere else was Clinton Portis

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Aikman was a victim of the system Dallas ran. It wasn’t because he wasn’t a great passer. And despite not being in a pass first offense, Aikman was considered one of the most accurate passers and best arm in the league.
Lol so here you are coppin pleas for Aikman after he gets called out :mjlol:
His numbers were trash
If you wanna say Aikman should be in it's cause of the 3 Super Bowl runs. He played way above his usual level in those runs, especially the first ring he was incredible

That being said y'all want to discredit TD for the system or having a good O Line, those Cowboys teams were fukking loaded on offense. Arguably the best O Line ever, the all time leading rusher in the backfield, HoF WR in Irvin, multiple time Pro Bowler Novacek at TE, Daryl Johnston at FB, etc. Aikman's regular season numbers are big time disappointing for how talented those teams were

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Lol so here you are coppin pleas for Aikman after he gets called out :mjlol:
His numbers were trash
If you wanna say Aikman should be in it's cause of the 3 Super Bowl runs. He played way above his usual level in those runs, especially the first ring he was incredible

That being said y'all want to discredit TD for the system or having a good O Line, those Cowboys teams were fukking loaded on offense. Arguably the best O Line ever, the all time leading rusher in the backfield, HoF WR in Irvin, multiple time Pro Bowler Novacek at TE, Daryl Johnston at FB, etc. Aikman's regular season numbers are big time disappointing for how talented those teams were
Yeah you right but I’m also tired of hearing about Dallas great offensive line because they use it to discredit Emmitt Smith’s greatness and that incredible offensive line had only one HOFer and that was Larry Allen and he wasn’t there for the 1st two SBs he was only there for the last one

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I suppose I'd lean toward keeping him out.

4 fantastic years is great but it's still only 4 years. And I don't think Terrell Davis was a dynamic, change the league type of player or particularly unique.

345 carries in 1996
369 carries in 1997
392 carries in 1998

They gave him the ball a ton. To his credit, he was effective as hell. But was he really any different than Larry Johnson or Jamal Anderson? Davis was just a dude that got a ton of opportunities and was really great for a few years.

I'm not sure that warrants All Time Great honors.

And yes, I saw him play in his prime. I know one stupid fukk is going to bring up this lazy ass argument. "Bbbbut you had to SEE HIM!" Yeah. I did.
He was a great RB. He wasn't Barry Sanders. And he wasn't dynamic like Marshall Faulk.

He's in though, so whatever.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I suppose I'd lean toward keeping him out.

4 fantastic years is great but it's still only 4 years. And I don't think Terrell Davis was a dynamic, change the league type of player or particularly unique.

345 carries in 1996
369 carries in 1997
392 carries in 1998

They gave him the ball a ton. To his credit, he was effective as hell. But was he really any different than Larry Johnson or Jamal Anderson? Davis was just a dude that got a ton of opportunities and was really great for a few years.

I'm not sure that warrants All Time Great honors.

And yes, I saw him play in his prime. I know one stupid fukk is going to bring up this lazy ass argument. "Bbbbut you had to SEE HIM!" Yeah. I did.
He was a great RB. He wasn't Barry Sanders. And he wasn't dynamic like Marshall Faulk.
When did Jamal Anderson and Larry Johnson accomplish what TD did?

Jamal Anderson had ONE dominant year and Larry Johnson got the ball 400 times one year and was finished

None of them came close :mjlol:

Your analysis is just off..

Terrell Davis was the best player in the league PERIOD.

And Marshall Faulk who was great no question, but so what he caught passes :what:

So what?

Why do people get off on a RB who catches passes?

Everyone just gets off on a RB who might lineup on the outside as a WR for a play or 2

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When did Jamal Anderson and Larry Johnson accomplish what TD did?
Well Jamal Anderson was just 168 yards off Davis' rushing total in 1998. So it's practically the same season.

Terrell Davis was the best player in the league PERIOD.
Once, maybe? Okay.

And Marshall Faulk who was great no question, but so what he caught passes :what:

So what?

Why do people get off on a RB who catches passes?
Because running backs that are a threat in the passing game are more useful and make a team much more unpredictable. They're inherently more valuable and conducive to winning football. It opens up the playbook and makes it exponentially more difficult on the defense.

I don't understand how you can NOT understand this?

:what:

In 1998, Terrell Davis had 2,225 yards from scrimmage.
In 1999, Marshall Faulk had 2,429 yards from scrimmage, despite rushing for 627 fewer yards.

Davis' Broncos scored 501 points and had 6,092 yards of total offense.
Faulk's Rams scored 526 points and had 6,412 yards of total offense.

So despite Faulk being a lesser "rusher" than Davis, his team scored more points and put up more yards and also won a Super Bowl.

Is that clear enough for you?
Probably not.

:coffee:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Well Jamal Anderson was just 168 yards off Davis' rushing total in 1998. So it's practically the same season.

Once, maybe? Okay.

Because running backs that are a threat in the passing game are more useful and make a team much more unpredictable. They're inherently more valuable and conducive to winning football. It opens up the playbook and makes it exponentially more difficult on the defense.

I don't understand how you can NOT understand this?

:what:

In 1998, Terrell Davis had 2,225 yards from scrimmage.
In 1999, Marshall Faulk had 2,429 yards from scrimmage, despite rushing for 627 fewer yards.

Davis' Broncos scored 501 points and had 6,092 yards of total offense.
Faulk's Rams scored 526 points and had 6,412 yards of total offense.

So despite Faulk being a lesser "rusher" than Davis, his team scored more points and put up more yards and also won a Super Bowl.

Is that clear enough for you?
Probably not.

:coffee:
Thats all Fantasy Football shyt

I don’t give a shyt about a RB who catches passes so what

Can I lineup and give him football on 3rd and 2 when everyone knows he’s getting it and can he get me 4 yards?

Can he score from anywhere on the field AND gimme 4 yards on 3rd and 2?

I’m not trying to discredit Marshall Faulk either he was incredible but I’m not giving him any extra credit for catching passes

And on that Rams team they didn’t even need him to catch passes like that that was just Mike Martz suckin his own dikk on some see see I’m an Offensive genius type shyt :damn:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Watch Gale run the football though :noah:

Watch him cut across people‘s faces effortlessly :ohlawd:

It was poetry in motion

That’s the difference between Terrell Davis and Gale. When you say Gale you see runs and say “he’s the only one I could’ve done that. “ I’ve never seen anything particularly special about Terrell Davis running style that other greats couldn’t do. He was in a great setting

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
That’s the difference between Terrell Davis and Gale. When you ask Gale you see runs and say “he’s the only one I could’ve done that. “ I’ve never seen anything particularly special about Terrell Davis run in style that other greats couldn’t do. He was in a great setting
Yeah but he shouldn’t be discredited for his dominance

Earl Campbell wasn’t cutting across people’s faces like that either but was destroying EVERYBODY

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yeah but he shouldn’t be discredited for his dominance

Earl Campbell wasn’t cutting across people’s faces like that either but was destroying EVERYBODY
But we watch Earl Campbell run and knew “thats runs ONLY Earl can do.” I never got that vibe with Terrell Davis. But you are right. It shouldn’t be taken away from him

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Thats all Fantasy Football shyt

I don’t give a shyt about a RB who catches passes so what

Can I lineup and give him football on 3rd and 2 when everyone knows he’s getting it and can he get me 4 yards?

Can he score from anywhere on the field AND gimme 4 yards on 3rd and 2?

I’m not trying to discredit Marshall Faulk either he was incredible but I’m not giving him any extra credit for catching passes

And on that Rams team they didn’t even need him to catch passes like that that was just Mike Martz suckin his own dikk on some see see I’m an Offensive genius type shyt :damn:
Reminds me that Torry HoIt not being in the HoF is bullshyt too
6 straight seasons 90+ catches, 6 straight seasons 1300 yards, that's elite shyt
Huge part of the greatest show on turf. Warner, Faulk, Orlando Pace, Isaac Bruce all in even though Bruce had to wait forever.