Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
His run was short but very memorable...Breh was a legit superstar, his style was must see tv fa sho...Him and Elway where everywhere...I vividly remember in the late 90's how often you saw the 7 and 30 broncos jersey casually being rocked....Probably helps he's a likable person too and ambassador for the game....

premier58

All Star
Daps
His run was short but very memorable...Breh was a legit superstar, his style was must see tv fa sho...Him and Elway where everywhere...I vividly remember in the late 90's how often you saw the 7 and 30 broncos jersey casually being rocked....Probably helps he's a likable person too and ambassador for the game....
Exactly. Everybody was doing the Mile High Salute.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
How is this thread dumb?

Three great years is good enough to be a HOF now?

I get that he was on 2 super bowl teams but three great seasons isn’t enough.

On the flip side, I would agree Calvin Johnson is a HOF player despite where his stats line up and him retiring prematurely because of the plays he made. He’s a one of one type played. Davis wasn’t. He was a great back surrounded by great players.

Thread isn't dumb, I've said for years that letting Davis in lowered the bar in Canton. Letting in Davis let dudes like Kurt Warner get in, and Boselli...

He had an All-Time peak but The Hall should be about peak + longevity + prime, not either/or. He had a three-year peak/prime. He not a Famer...

Deion not wrong, The Hall should be reserved for the GOATs, period. It's too far gone now to go back, and at least it isn't as friendly as Basketball Hall, but notice how TD's name NEVER comes up when you talk GOAT running backs. We literally had a convo at work on GOAT backs earlier this week, me, a 20-something, a 45-year old, and a 50-year old. And I'm in my 30s so that's a representative of four different eras in that conversation...

No one mentioned this nikka Terrell Davis. He never gets mentioned in GOAT talk. It's just when his name comes up cats talk how awesome he was in his short run but he's never in GOAT talk, which is why he shouldn't he in Canton. Canton should be for the GOATs...

I wouldn't have voted him in personally if I had a vote but I can see the logic
That peak is legitimately one of the best peaks for a RB in NFL history
Top 3 in MVP voting all 3 years, winning 1
All Pro 1st team all 3 years
2x Super Bowl Champion taking home Super Bowl MVP in one of them
His postseason numbers were absolutely cartoonish all time levels in those Super Bowl runs too

That peak is probably a top 5 all time peak for any RB ever.

Like I said, I personally wouldn't have voted for him but I don't agree that it's laughable to have voted for him

That being said, Sterling Sharpe still not getting in is pure bullshyt cause at the time that was an all time peak for a receiver. He should be in too using similar logic that got Davis and Tony Boselli inducted

Sterling led The League in a category 6x, which is twice as many times as Davis was a league leader, and had a longer run that spanned a half-decade despite only playing the same amount of time as TD. He should be in because that half-decade of longevity as arguably the best receiver in football is more appreciative than Davis's 3-year run, 3 years is just not enough...

5 years is the magic number in the NFL. You shouldn't even be considered for The Hall if you couldn't string together 5 years as a Top guy at your position. Doesn't matter how high your peak is...

Notwithstanding the fact that, Denver was a machine for rushing offense for like a decade, Davis was the most prolific certainly but that scheme was manufacturing all kinds of 1000-yard rushers like it was nothing. TD's brittle ass wasn't posting them numbers if he had Barry's line and QBs in the 90s, this shyt should be a factor too...

Sterling Sharpe was putting up numbers with mediocre QBs, a pre-prime Favre, and an offense with not a lot of skill around him. The opposite of Davis' set-up, PLUS Sharpe did it longer!

Davis in Canton is one of many travesties...

I understand longevity concerns, but for the HOF, peak and prime should have significantly more weight than longevity. The HOF is for the best of the best, not just long careers with compiled statistics.

I'd rather someone like Davis get in than Frank Gore.:yeshrug:.

Of course you'd rather Davis over Gore, who wouldn't? 🤣

If yoyr peak and prime was only 3 years, that isn't enough. If you played in a system that was basically a factory for Pro Bowl backs on top of that, nah...

This seem like a thread right up your alley @murksiderock

I been talking about TD for years on here, he ain't the only guy who shouldn't be in...

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I’ve asked this question several times but none a you in here wanna answer it

nikkas talkin about TD bein in the Hall lowers the bar :what:

Does anyone in here believe Gale Sayers belongs in the HOF?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's the Hall of FAME. Emphasis on FAME.

You say he had 3 great years.... But it was at a time when ppl wanted Elway to win a SB. And Davis was the key in those SB wins. FAME.

And he was the premier NFL running back for those few years.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To be fair, Terry Bradshaw is one of the most overrated QB’s of all time. Some years he completed less than 50% of this passes.

Also, back then hitting WR’s beyond 5 yards was legal.

The Steel Curtain made it possible for any players on offense. And they ran the ball a lot.

Bradshaw won a league MVP at least. a league MVP and 4 rings.

Aikman wasn't 1st ballot or great to me at any time either. Zero All Pros. One season over 20 TDs. Bradshaw had 4 seasons doing that at least.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’ve asked this question several times but none a you in here wanna answer it

nikkas talkin about TD bein in the Hall lowers the bar :what:

Does anyone in here believe Gale Sayers belongs in the HOF?
They will say he was All Pro for 5 years instead of 3 so that qualifies him more, even though Davis' numbers shyt on Gale Sayers :aicmon:

If not that then it's different era talk but Jim Brown was before Gale Sayers and had completely dominated the NFL on a level far greater than Gale did so what Gale was doing wasn't anything unprecedented. Gale also didn't have any memorable playoff runs cause he never played in the postseason :heh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Aikman wasn't 1st ballot or great to me at any time either. Zero All Pros. One season over 20 TDs. Bradshaw had 4 seasons doing that at least.
Aikman was a victim of the system Dallas ran. It wasn’t because he wasn’t a great passer. And despite not being in a pass first offense, Aikman was considered one of the most accurate passers and best arm in the league.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Troy’s numbers shock the hell outta me cause it looked like everytime I looked he was hitting Novacek in the seems for 20 yards, hittin Alvin Harper over the top for 50 or hitting Michael Irvin for that 25 yard skinny post

He has to be in though :hubie:

He was the #1 overall pick and the starting QB of America’s Team, The Dallas Cowboys and the won 3 SBs

He has to get in

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Aikman was a victim of the system Dallas ran. It wasn’t because he wasn’t a great passer. And despite not being in a pass first offense, Aikman was considered one of the most accurate passers and best arm in the league.

not one all pro....not 1.