Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Jimmy Johnson don't belong in either :manny: and I'm a cowboys fan.

Regardless of what the cowboys did after he left, he only coached in the NFL for 9 seasons. If you're only going to coach 9 seasons and get in the HOF, you gotta be in at least 4 or 5 Super Bowls as a coach.

Johnson is getting by on what he WOULD HAVE DONE had he stayed in Dallas. Well, he had a chance to do something with the Dolphins and his last game as a coach was one of if not the worst playoff loss in the modern era.

Jimmy Johnson created the NFL Value Draft/Trade system all NFL teams use today.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Jimmy Johnson don't belong in either :manny: and I'm a cowboys fan.

Regardless of what the cowboys did after he left, he only coached in the NFL for 9 seasons. If you're only going to coach 9 seasons and get in the HOF, you gotta be in at least 4 or 5 Super Bowls as a coach.

Johnson is getting by on what he WOULD HAVE DONE had he stayed in Dallas. Well, he had a chance to do something with the Dolphins and his last game as a coach was one of if not the worst playoff loss in the modern era.
Trash ass opinions

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i can respect the system argument and i probably felt the same way at the time. still i'd put him in because the numbers are just that elite, 2 years in a row over 1700 yds rushing including a 2000 yard season and 3 years in a row over 1500 yards rushing. you could also point out other backs like holmes and barber that had 3 great seasons and ask are you going to put them in too?

as i said in the other thread i dont think there should be much of a debate in regards to sterling sharpe. he should be in, when he retired he had done things that hadnt been done before and in the last 50 years noone has had more seasons leading the league in catches.
Tiki is borderline for me
He had a weird career where he kinda looked underwhelming and like a bust his first few years and they drafted that bum Ron Dayne and then Tiki became an elite back at an age when most RB are usually winding down/becoming washed
Honestly if he had just stayed that one more year and they won the SB with him playing at a similar level to what he had before he retired then I think he might be in.
People are not understanding what TD accomplished

It’s hard to find a RB who plays 10 years that accomplishes what he accomplished in the 4 years of his prime :mindblown:

I said it before very few RB all time have a peak like that, it's pretty much only ATG RB like dikkerson, Sanders, Emmit, Sweetness, AD, LT, etc. and the difference with TD is he completely dominated those playoff runs.
Davis is 6th all time in playoff rushing yards and he only played in 8 playoff games :wow:
8 playoff games, 204 rushes for 1140 yards & 12 TDs on 5.6 YPC and 142.5 YPG
If someone started out the season first 8 games with those numbers that's a shoe in for NFL MVP
Reminder that's in the playoffs against the best teams, it's not padding against bottom feeders like you can do in regular season

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Tiki is borderline for me
He had a weird career where he kinda looked underwhelming and like a bust his first few years and they drafted that bum Ron Dayne and then Tiki became an elite back at an age when most RB are usually winding down/becoming washed
Honestly if he had just stayed that one more year and they won the SB with him playing at a similar level to what he had before he retired then I think he might be in.

I said it before very few RB all time have a peak like that, it's pretty much only ATG RB like dikkerson, Sanders, Emmit, Sweetness, AD, LT, etc. and the difference with TD is he completely dominated those playoff runs.
Davis is 6th all time in playoff rushing yards and he only played in 8 playoff games :wow:
8 playoff games, 204 rushes for 1140 yards & 12 TDs on 5.6 YPC and 142.5 YPG
If someone started out the season first 8 games with those numbers that's a shoe in for NFL MVP
Reminder that's in the playoffs against the best teams, it's not padding against bottom feeders like you can do in regular season
His playoff numbers are ridiculous

He steamrolled everyone

Against the Dolphins in that playoff game that was the easiest 200 yd game I’ve ever seen

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I understand longevity concerns, but for the HOF, peak and prime should have significantly more weight than longevity. The HOF is for the best of the best, not just long careers with compiled statistics.

I'd rather someone like Davis get in than Frank Gore.:yeshrug:.
Exactly

Frank Gore in the HOF is not right at all

Compiling ass nikka

HOF is for greatness and domination not compiling

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
My first football jersey was a TD jersey I wore it for my 2nd grade picture day :ahh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Jimmy Johnson created the NFL Value Draft/Trade system all NFL teams use today.

He build the cowboys under a system that doesn’t exist anymore. That Walker trade for example, wouldn’t happen anymore. This was pre free agency, pre salary cap. There were also more rounds in the draft.

So then it boils down to how well he drafted. Jason Taylor is the only player he can hold his hat on.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
He build the cowboys under a system that doesn’t exist anymore. That Walker trade for example, wouldn’t happen anymore. This was pre free agency, pre salary cap. There were also more rounds in the draft.

So then it boils down to how well he drafted. Jason Taylor is the only player he can hold his hat on.
Clown shyt

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t see Terrell as a player making runs that only he could’ve made even during his heyday. That system was unstoppable during that period of time, along with others who stepped in. although not as successful as him they were successful nonetheless.

Thats just me. Felt the same way about Priest Holmes.

Jamaal Charles is widely regarded as the best Chiefs RB among the ppl I know. I grew up on Priest and he’s my guy (fukk Shawn Merriman cheating ass), but my young ass knew the o-line tackle to tackle for a reason :heh:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
This prompted me to start looking at players who are in that are questionable. :manny:

Davis was a big reason why the Broncos won, but then you look at the two years following those titles. First Olandis Gary rushes for 1,159 yards in only 12 games. The next season Mike Anderson rushes for 1,487 yards while only starting 12 games. SO was it all Terrell Davis or did he have a ton of help with that offensive line?

It was the system tbh. That one nikka named Griffin from OU balled out some games for the broncos around that time too. I forgot his first name