Terrell Davis being in the HOF is laughable.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

according to the voters these are hall of fame numbers :why:

when i see that, I'm not mad at Terrell Davis being in

those are Marcus Allen's career numbers. He was a dynamic back, but those are compiler numbers to me

Marcus Allen scored tds in bunches

Your Welcome

Hear Too Help
Daps
How is this thread dumb?

Three great years is good enough to be a HOF now?

I get that he was on 2 super bowl teams but three great seasons isn’t enough.

On the flip side, I would agree Calvin Johnson is a HOF player despite where his stats line up and him retiring prematurely because of the plays he made. He’s a one of one type played. Davis wasn’t. He was a great back surrounded by great players.
*grate

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t see Terrell as a player making runs that only he could’ve made even during his heyday. That system was unstoppable during that period of time, along with others who stepped in. although not as successful as him they were successful nonetheless.

Thats just me. Felt the same way about Priest Holmes.
i can respect the system argument and i probably felt the same way at the time. still i'd put him in because the numbers are just that elite, 2 years in a row over 1700 yds rushing including a 2000 yard season and 3 years in a row over 1500 yards rushing. you could also point out other backs like holmes and barber that had 3 great seasons and ask are you going to put them in too?

as i said in the other thread i dont think there should be much of a debate in regards to sterling sharpe. he should be in, when he retired he had done things that hadnt been done before and in the last 50 years noone has had more seasons leading the league in catches.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Sterling Sharpe is another player who doesn't belong in it.

He was great when he played. 3 All Pro's. But he had a career ending injury.

For a long time people were like, it's a shame he got hurt, he would've had a HOF career. His brother even gave a speech when he was inducted.

It went from it's a shame Sterling Sharpe got hurt because he was on his way to having a HOF career to now he's in the HOF.
Bullshyt!

premier58

All Star
Daps
When the hell did Sterling Sharpe get inducted.into the HOF by his brother?? If youre gonna make a thread, atleast know what youre talking about.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
When the hell did Sterling Sharpe get inducted.into the HOF by his brother?? If youre gonna make a thread, atleast know what youre talking about.

He wasn’t. That’s the point. And the fact that you was the first one to point this out is :dead:

The reason why Sterling Sharpe isn’t in should be the reason why Davis shouldn’t be in.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He’s still 3rd all time in rushing TD’s, despite not playing since 1997.

And he was in the top 10 in rushing yards when he retired.

Marcus Allen scored tds in bunches

I'm slightly playing devil's advocate for the sake of convo,

But he played 15 years, average rushing yd seasons will get you up the ranks. 6 double digit TD seasons is impressive.

I just think short runs like TD should hold similar weight as a Marcus Allen, Frank Gore etc

Corey Dillon should be in, Fred Taylor is a good debate. The RBs of the past 25 yrs who aren't in the HOF make for a good debate too

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm slightly playing devil's advocate for the sake of convo,

But he played 15 years, average rushing yd seasons will get you up the ranks. 6 double digit TD seasons is impressive.

I just think short runs like TD should hold similar weight as a Marcus Allen, Frank Gore etc

Corey Dillon should be in, Fred Taylor is a good debate. The RBs of the past 25 yrs who aren't in the HOF make for a good debate too
Al Davis had a hand in part of Allen’s time with the Raiders though. Davis basically sabotaged Allen for multiple seasons

With all the hype Allen generated, many would believe he had solidified the running back position. Nevertheless, Bo Jackson suddenly came in and became the Raiders featured back and star player. Back then, Jackson was a phenom with his huge build, aggressiveness, and athleticism, all traits Al Davis valued. At the same time, Allen found himself falling down the depth chart with no noticeable losses in ability, sans one knee injury. Allen believed Davis was purposefully going after him due to differences in contract negotiations. Others felt Allen believed he was the face of the Raiders and the owner was unwilling to share that title.