Tekken 8 | PS5/XBOX SERIES X|S/STEAM | Heihachi Returns this Autumn

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
He was never supposed to be a high damage output character. Him nor Ling...... *edit* or feng

The goofy character that literally breaks the game should never be objectively strong. So stupid.

He’s doing that damage *and* healing himself. Then you can’t touch him

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I actually feel I don’t play as much as I should if I wanted to be top top level. Too tired from work to play on weekdays and I even miss my local b/c I can’t get off. But traveling and competing so much in T7 helped a lot with consistency in this game

a lot of players in ranked don’t understand how to move from layer 1 as well

Thats insane. I should really just call it quits cuz I'm never ever going to even be as good as you and you like I'm not top level :dead:

I'm dead ass not even having fun with this shyt any more it really feels like a chore to play against people who can delete you just as fast as you can now. I came up playing melee, anime games and umvc and yeah them games you explode too but its different with these new titles. I could play dudes in those games who were a tier above me and still have enjoyable games. I think tekken is just so many needless 30 fukking year knowledge checks. It doesn't add shyt except annoyance and cheese. shyt like jacks d 12 launcher. super punishable, but you have to go and specifically find the one or two moves out of your 100 fukking move kit that punishes it. Like in most fighters the better you are the more the movelist and shyt opens up, in this you want to condense as many options as possible. Its just a weird ass thing coming from the shyt I played in the past.

like you just get popped once and its a carnival after that sometimes. you can kind of maneuver around a lot of the fukkery in older titles. In this you are pretty much mandated to guess for game in way more situations than it should be. I have no idea how much you had to play to circumvent all the rampant fakkitry and cheese that permeates this title for you to be that consistent. I really think I hit my ceiling for the time being. It'll take another 200 hours for me to be consistently tekken god level with ONE character, whats the point:mjlol:

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Thats insane. I should really just call it quits cuz I'm never ever going to even be as good as you and you like I'm not top level :dead:

I'm dead ass not even having fun with this shyt any more it really feels like a chore to play against people who can delete you just as fast as you can now. I came up playing melee, anime games and umvc and yeah them games you explode too but its different with these new titles. I could play dudes in those games who were a tier above me and still have enjoyable games. I think tekken is just so many needless 30 fukking year knowledge checks. It doesn't add shyt except annoyance and cheese. shyt like jacks d 12 launcher. super punishable, but you have to go and specifically find the one or two moves out of your 100 fukking move kit that punishes it. Like in most fighters the better you are the more the movelist and shyt opens up, in this you want to condense as many options as possible. Its just a weird ass thing coming from the shyt I played in the past.

like you just get popped once and its a carnival after that sometimes. you can kind of maneuver around a lot of the fukkery in older titles. In this you are pretty much mandated to guess for game in way more situations than it should be. I have no idea how much you had to play to circumvent all the rampant fakkitry and cheese that permeates this title for you to be that consistent. I really think I hit my ceiling for the time being. It'll take another 200 hours for me to be consistently tekken god level with ONE character, whats the point:mjlol:
You need to calm down breddah :russ:

Nikkaz been playing for years and shyt, you only been playing for months

You don’t really got any war scars yet

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You need to calm down breddah :russ:

Nikkaz been playing for years and shyt, you only been playing for months

You don’t really got any war scars yet

IDK why nikkas think I don't be calm. I be ranting but IRL I be chill asf my raging days are behind me :ehh:

I'm just saying I've been super high level before in other games. I don't like being...mid in fgs. it irks me :dead:

objectively I think I'm like top 97-98% or some shyt but thats all fluff. the gap from 98% to 99% is bigger than that one from 50 to 98% and I'm trying to rationalize the time commitment it would take to get to that next tier. finish my endless backlog, or stress myself out for the next 6 months to get tekken god/gs or w/e and still be worst than the nikkas winning my locals lol.

I got mad scars my guy I've been competing in fgs in some fashion since melee in 06 :dead: trust, my sanity been fried over these shyts.

edit:

I'm shocked this is still online lmfao. but yeah 17 years ago. I been at this competing shyt for a minute. I got more scars than you can imagine crodie. dun played like a dozen or more games at a good level. Not like world class, but def a threat level. :francis:

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

:ufdup: I already told you.. If you wanna actually enjoy this game.. Stay out of ranked.. You're not gonna get to the level you're seeking being new to Tekken only playing ranked first to fukking two :mjlol: If you're trying to get better with certain matchups vs a character like Jack you should be playing vs a Jack player in a player match room long sets.. Make some friends angry man.. Tekken is not the fighting game where you're just gonna become a top level player a few hundred hrs in ranked.. @Consumed is a legit pro player with an active offline scene, and I assume has enough spare time to dedicate to labing and learning multiple characters

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
IDK why nikkas think I don't be calm. I be ranting but IRL I be chill asf my raging days are behind me :ehh:

I'm just saying I've been super high level before in other games. I don't like being...mid in fgs. it irks me :dead:

objectively I think I'm like top 97-98% or some shyt but thats all fluff. the gap from 98% to 99% is bigger than that one from 50 to 98% and I'm trying to rationalize the time commitment it would take to get to that next tier. finish my endless backlog, or stress myself out for the next 6 months to get tekken god/gs or w/e and still be worst than the nikkas winning my locals lol.

I got mad scars my guy I've been competing in fgs in some fashion since melee in 06 :dead: trust, my sanity been fried over these shyts.

edit:

I'm shocked this is still online lmfao. but yeah 17 years ago. I been at this competing shyt for a minute. I got more scars than you can imagine crodie. dun played like a dozen or more games at a good level. Not like world class, but def a threat level. :francis:

The gap is definitely real

Tekken is different tho, I can’t speak on other fighting games really

Can you get better faster on those 2d games ? I’ve always gravitated to 3d shyt so I really don’t know

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The gap is definitely real

Tekken is different tho, I can’t speak on other fighting games really

Can you get better faster on those 2d games ? I’ve always gravitated to 3d shyt so I really don’t know

Its more transferrable skills so yeah. I wouldnt say being good at street fighter means u will be good at marvel but enough inputs n shyt carry over where u can have a base to stsrt with.

Almost nothing beyond the fact I know how to improve and have great execution carried over to tekken.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: I already told you.. If you wanna actually enjoy this game.. Stay out of ranked.. You're not gonna get to the level you're seeking being new to Tekken only playing ranked first to fukking two :mjlol: If you're trying to get better with certain matchups vs a character like Jack you should be playing vs a Jack player in a player match room long sets.. Make some friends angry man.. Tekken is not the fighting game where you're just gonna become a top level player a few hundred hrs in ranked.. @Consumed is a legit pro player with an active offline scene, and I assume has enough spare time to dedicate to labing and learning multiple characters

I aint mad. Im legit just either at 0 or 10 on a emotional scale :dead:

Its also moreso I see the gap and considering Ive been playing fgs for a long ass time and a couple of them at a pretty high level, I already can can understand what I would have to do to get to that next tier in this lol. And im old now IDK if I have the patience to do it. Cuz like stsrting from 0 to na I think I got pretty decent at this but the next levels is just a chasm. Its literal games worth of legacy nonsense to drill into ur mind :francis:

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
see, now how do you compete with nikkas who do shyt like this :dead:

you'd have to pay me to play this shyt that much. And I feel I play this wayyyyy more than I should :dead:

you got 3.5 times as many wins as me I got 500 hours in this shyt :bryan:
You put yourself on the same playing field. Start playing every character. I'm currently doing this by trying to get every character to blue rank.

Law, Kazuya and Lili are on their way. Gonna do Lee, Nina and Steve afterwards. I wanna try out Leroy as well.

SF6 is filled with people doing this and once you know frames and punishes with your mains, you find the necessary tools with your subs. Watch some replays for utility and get to work.

I want to be the best and ascend past these players so I got to use my time wisely.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You put yourself on the same playing field. Start playing every character. I'm currently doing this by trying to get every character to blue rank.

Law, Kazuya and Lili are on their way. Gonna do Lee, Nina and Steve afterwards. I wanna try out Leroy as well.

SF6 is filled with people doing this and once you know frames and punishes with your mains, you find the necessary tools with your subs. Watch some replays for utility and get to work.

I want to be the best and ascend past these players so I got to use my time wisely.

I 34 ahch. Been there done that. It would be one thing if this was a title that didn't already reward decades of legacy knowledge with movesets in the hundreds. I simply don't have the time to dedicate like that no more, its actually crazy I even got decent in the first place :mjlol:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I 34 ahch. Been there done that. It would be one thing if this was a title that didn't already reward decades of legacy knowledge with movesets in the hundreds. I simply don't have the time to dedicate like that no more, its actually crazy I even got decent in the first place :mjlol:
Not to me.. This version of Tekken was designed specifically for new players to 50/50 there way up the ranks without needing to have much knowledge.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Not to me.. This version of Tekken was designed specifically for new players to 50/50 there way up the ranks without needing to have much knowledge.

I mean still. you got to give me a smidge of credit my guy, not just anyone is picking up Shaheen and getting emperor offa they first tekken. I'm very very good at a variety of fighting games and even then i hit a brick wall so imagine actual newbies. and ya'll been playing this shyt for eons I don't think you realize just how difficult it is to try to get past serviceable even in this volatile version of tekken.

I would say go play a 2D fighter and get master or high rank etc for comparison to see how much of a diff skill set is needed but thats not really feasible since thats a time commitment just for science purposes.