Ted Lasso Series Thread | Apple TV+ | Season 4 Greenlit

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I tried to have faith in this show the entire season but now I’m on the side of them falling way off the deep end. I hate when writers try too hard to make something unconventional that they leave the stuff that made the show popular to begin with behind.

The actual soccer is way in the background now. The life lesson shyt should happen around what happens with the team and the soccer matches, but now it’s almost like they only even mention the sporting aspect of the show because they have to. I don’t care enough about Keely, the PR firm, and her personal issues to have the majority of the plot center around that.

The end of the 2nd season had everyone riled up to beat Nate, But they have spent the entire season on a redemption mission for him without Richmond playing a part. So now when they show him it’s like whatever, I have no antagonistic feelings. Who is the foil here, Rupert? Rupert is just like every other rich guy out here, that’s not enough.

I feel like the show has transitioned into Days of our Lives. Discussion with this show has devolved into nothing but gossip sessions.
This show has really lost it's way. Which is sad considering how good the 1st season is. I thought the season had turned a corner after the ep with Sam's dad, but they went back to being mid.

As much of a fan as I am of the 1st two seasons, I might not even check out the next season

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This show has really lost it's way. Which is sad considering how good the 1st season is. I thought the season had turned a corner after the ep with Sam's dad, but they went back to being mid.

As much of a fan as I am of the 1st two seasons, I might even check out the next season

This is the last season.

Im reading that the real life Keeley is a writer on this show and 2 of the original creators left. Maybe thats why this shyt turned into a show about a PR firm manager who used to date footballers.

I’ve stopped watching. I just check the spoilers to see if they turned the show back around to the football team, if not I skip. I’ll watch again when all this other crap is pushed to the background again.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
as much as I wanna root for a Nigerian brother, that Obisanya and Rebecca shyt should have been left at an awkward one night stand. shyt felt mad forced

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
show is lowkey missing something this season, but i'm not sure what
Is this season better than season 2? I had to tap out 5 episodes into season two but was thinking of trying to power through into season 3 if it improved.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked last season, but two eps into this season i alreaddy knew something was off. It definitely lost its magic which is weird because its only been 3 seasons. It should be ending on a high note.

I’ll probably finish it eventually but theres a bunch of other shyt on Apple TV thats far more compelling right now

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Actually dug the latest ep. Funny what happens when you involve less of Keeley’s storyline. Thought it was very odd how they skipped over the entire 2nd half comeback though. Roy showing growth as a character (and potential Ted replacement) rather than just being subjected to the grumpy, growling assistant is the stuff I like to see.

I don’t hate Nate like most do. I still think the set-up of his relationship with Jade was fantasy land and early 2000s romcom level of convenience, but I’m liking the fact it’s prompting him to grow beyond Rupert’s sleazy lifestyle.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Actually dug the latest ep. Funny what happens when you involve less of Keeley’s storyline. Thought it was very odd how they skipped over the entire 2nd half comeback though. Roy showing growth as a character (and potential Ted replacement) rather than just being subjected to the grumpy, growling assistant is the stuff I like to see.

I don’t hate Nate like most do. I still think the set-up of his relationship with Jade was fantasy land and early 2000s romcom level of convenience, but I’m liking the fact it’s prompting him to grow beyond Rupert’s sleazy lifestyle.
I actually liked the Nate and Rupert stuff. I remember there was an episode not too long back where Rebecca told him to behave and do right by this new girl and OF COARSE he aint listen to that shyt :mjlol:

Nate not being a savage was written on the walls this whole season and they did that well. Still wished he could have piped the bird he brought to the restaurant. bytch didnt even finish the meal dammit :francis: