Reppin
#Hololive

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I work for one of these tech companies laying people off. shyt is stressful. I expect to get laid off and am actively searching for other jobs, and a lot of other people I work with are too. Who wants to stress out with working at a company that is always laying people off every few months? Morale is low. At least if I get laid off they already said we would get a few months severance and health insurance.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Probably trying to duck a potential lawsuit. Shes definitely outta there next round
I looked at her LinkedIn, she has a very impressive background for somebody her age, with starting 3 companies. She got hired for a reason. They are also probably paying her less than other PMs given her general lack of work experience in corporate America.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They won't. It's pretty clear that the bubble has burst. Many of then will have to rely on their transferable skills and move into a different sector where the pay is less.

Yes they will.

Salaries are driven by demand for top talent.

I spoke to a solutions architect at my job who worked some magic on a tech architectural design for 30 minutes. At the end of the call I told him, "whatever we are paying you is not enough". And I'm sure he's making 250k, at least. Once the economy picks up again I'm sure he's out the door nearly doubling his pay.

Tech isn't immune to cycles of hiring and firing like any other industry. But if you think things won't come up, and salaries won't follow, you're delusional.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I work for one of these tech companies laying people off. shyt is stressful. I expect to get laid off and am actively searching for other jobs, and a lot of other people I work with are too. Who wants to stress out with working at a company that is always laying people off every few months? Morale is low. At least if I get laid off they already said we would get a few months severance and health insurance.
.good luck

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yes they will.

Salaries are driven by demand for top talent.

I spoke to a solutions architect at my job who worked some magic on a tech architectural design for 30 minutes. At the end of the call I told him, "whatever we are paying you is not enough". And I'm sure he's making 250k, at least. Once the economy picks up again I'm sure he's out the door nearly doubling his pay.

Tech isn't immune to cycles of hiring and firing like any other industry. But if you think things won't come up, and salaries won't follow, you're delusional.
Sure buddy.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I looked at her LinkedIn, she has a very impressive background for somebody her age, with starting 3 companies. She got hired for a reason. They are also probably paying her less than other PMs given her general lack of work experience in corporate America.
Thought these layoffs had nothing to do with performance.