Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
As you make more money, your time becomes more valuable. Things you wouldn’t spend money on when you made 50k you are more likely to throw some money at when you make 150k if it means you are freed up to do something else.
I make close to 150k on base salary, damn near after the bonus (Network Engineer). My spending habits have not dramatically increased from making less than that. I live comfortably spending nowhere what i bring because i am not buying frivolous shyt or getting locked into payments for things at prices i can only afford with my salary.

We have a problem where there are people that are making real good money, or just money at all, that do not plan for anything. No savings for emergencies, job loss, injury, etc.. and all we are given are excuses why people can not do it. Because you make 150k you should order takeout every day? Rent or buy houses where the morgage is a good deal of your income? Buying things just because you can?

The moral of the story? Live below your means.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What? You mean the more money some people make they think they need to spend more. That is the problem with Americans, there is little to no desire to save money for short or long term issues.

That’s not what it is.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I make close to 150k on base salary, damn near after the bonus (Network Engineer). My spending habits have not dramatically increased from making less than that. I live comfortably spending nowhere what i bring because i am not buying frivolous shyt or getting locked into payments for things at prices i can only afford with my salary.

We have a problem where there are people that are making real good money, or just money at all, that do not plan for anything. No savings for emergencies, job loss, injury, etc.. and all we are given are excuses why people can not do it. Because you make 150k you should order takeout every day? Rent or buy houses where the morgage is a good deal of your income? Buying things just because you can?

STFU

• Dap
Reactions: sza

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

A lot of people bills consist of luxury items that they deem as necessities. Like German luxury whips, fancy IG clout shyt, and so on.

But I agree that the job market is savage and needs a correction of greed employers low-balling their employees/

Umoja

Veteran
Daps

Facts.

The situation is shyt but I find it hard to feel sorry for them when they've had their head up their ass for the last 10 years.

They were earning enough money that they could have created a nice safety net for themselves.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Facts.

The situation is shyt but I find it hard to feel sorry for them when they've had their head up their ass for the last 10 years.

They were earning enough money that they could have created a nice safety net for themselves.
More than a nice safety net for sure. I cant feel bad for them when at some point soon they will get another job making close, if not the same as they did before.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
More than a nice safety net for sure. I cant feel bad for them when at some point soon they will get another job making close, if not the same as they did before.
They won't. It's pretty clear that the bubble has burst. Many of then will have to rely on their transferable skills and move into a different sector where the pay is less.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most companies will never get rid of all their dead weight. These people are too entrenched in organization and will always dodge accountability. Once the Recession is over these tech companies will go back to hiring made up positions again.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Most companies will never get rid of all their dead weight. These people are too entrenched in organization and will always dodge accountability. Once the Recession is over these tech companies will go back to hiring made up positions again.

It's all competition at the end of the day, bruh. Organizations that boast the most talent generally wins.