Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I ain't gonna lie you got tons of made up positions in tech. I can't figure out what half these people really do. If you got rid of these mostly senior people would they really be missed.
:yeshrug:

All of members of the Paypal "mafia" are clowns and right wing extremists you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all competition at the end of the day, bruh. Organizations that boast the most talent generally wins.
Half these companies have monopolies and are competing against themselves. They make all this money yet the minute wages start rising start laying off workers. No telling how many employees are getting screwed over like this woman. That's why job hopping is so important to increase churn and salary increases.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Can't stop won't stop (c) Diddy

cousin of mine got let go from the oculus team. guessing a lot of that metaverse stuff will be put on pause or dumped
another dude i know got let go from google, he seemed to be doing pretty well too
I think all these companies are trying to get back down to pre-covid staffing levels

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Most companies will never get rid of all their dead weight. These people are too entrenched in organization and will always dodge accountability. Once the Recession is over these tech companies will go back to hiring made up positions again.
I hope you’re right :lupe:
I need to hit 200k by the end of the decade

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

cousin of mine got let go from the oculus team. guessing a lot of that metaverse stuff will be put on pause or dumped
another dude i know got let go from google, he seemed to be doing pretty well too
I think all these companies are trying to get back down to pre-covid staffing levels
the metaverse shyt is non essentially and fizzling out

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10k :wow:

This is getting scary that’s a whole building :picard:
Imagine the folks who got hired by these big name company, feeling they can now plan out their lives. Like google for instance, u couldn’t tell anyone they’d be involved in any type of mass layoffs, ever. Like folks are buying houses, cars feeling they had a solid job.

I tell you, if u ever get any large of money, u better sock that sh1t away. Avoid silly investments.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Imagine the folks who got hired by these big name company, feeling they can now plan out their lives. Like google for instance, u couldn’t tell anyone they’d ever be involved in a type of mass layoffs. Like folks are buying houses, cars feeling they had a solid job.

I tell you, if u ever get any large of money, u better sock that sh1t away. Avoid silly investments.
I started really getting paid last year around this time. I still save money like I could get laid off tomorrow.

That’s still my mindset everyday. At least I know have a decent runway now because I cleaned up my credit, built my savings, cleaned and bulked up my investment portfolio, haven’t taken any “pto”. Should I get laid off, I’ll have a decent severance package.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

They are pivoting to AI. Zuckerberg has very little vision and just goes after whatever the latest shiny new toy is...

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I ain't gonna lie you got tons of made up positions in tech. I can't figure out what half these people really do. If you got rid of these mostly senior people would they really be missed.
:yeshrug:

I got call all types of names when I said this around the time Elon took over Twitter.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
shyt trash.

the issue is these folks lack vision + the use cases where MEtaverse would be impactful the underlying infrastructure isn't where it needs to be [yet], thus in economic times like this companies rather do more with less than shoot for the stars.

most of the bullshyt they pushing for the metaverse was gaming + teams meetings lol. The same way when 5G first came out all the marketing was for gaming and streaming when the real impact of 5G is industrial/IOT/Automous Vehicles due to the low latency + low power consumption, but that doesn't sound "sexy"