Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Man I love everything she said. Shorty is going to be ok going forward, she had the awakening. These companies don’t give a fukk about you at the end of the day. Get your money and stack. fukk all that dream company, family BULLSHYT!
:mjlol: and you were worried about being too generous in regards to your pay in the other thread :wow:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Older thread, but what other people have said about lay-offs:

I feel it. I’ve been working “more” but more so, increasing my skill set. Part of my job entails learning.

At the same time, I’m usually done for the day around 1-2 pm.

I just keep my computer on to check emails before I turn my computer off around 4-5pm

I’ve been doing this since the pandemic.

Also on Fridays I usually don’t do shyt

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Layoffs haven’t even started yet
Yeah I’m hearing a lot shyt. Like June or even as late as Q3 which is September.

Either way im hoarding a lot of money.

A key thing to remember is that despite what the stock market does. We won’t officially be on the right track again, especially in regards to tech, until those rates hike get cut and we start to money flow back into venture capital and ipos aggressively. Until then strap up folks.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Layoffs haven’t even started yet
Always someone with a hot take

Layoffs been going on in tech since q2 of last year, first the startups did lots of layoffs, big tech started in q3, and we will likely see more through q2 of this year. I expect companies to stay steady after that…hopefully we see some good hiring movement in q2 2024

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Always someone with a hot take

Layoffs been going on in tech since q2 of last year, first the startups did lots of layoffs, big tech started in q3, and we will likely see more through q2 of this year. I expect companies to stay steady after that…hopefully we see some good hiring movement in q2 2024
Funny you say that because I was listening to a podcast over the weekend, that mentioned Q2 2024, as when things are expected to "normalize" again.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I feel it. I’ve been working “more” but more so, increasing my skill set. Part of my job entails learning.

At the same time, I’m usually done for the day around 1-2 pm.

I just keep my computer on to check emails before I turn my computer off around 4-5pm

I’ve been doing this since the pandemic.

Also on Fridays I usually don’t do shyt

One thing about working at a company for a good period of time: you got the advantage of getting familiar enough to absolutely know how much you can milk, overestimate and play-up.

Then like you said rest of the day can be spent on personal knowledge/skills growth. Use the company time to learn and set-up for the next job, gain knowledge for consulting or maybe even Executive-class roles like CTO.

Once my company laid off one of the best devs i've worked with I just do the bare minimum and do leetcode rest of the day.

Same. I actually saw something similar and knew how flimsy things can be. Started focusing on Leetcode and skillset growth after that.

When someone got their shyt down, they always are in the game no matter where they work.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Can you really blame them though breh? Google/Facebook etc.. didn’t even have typical offices, they had a full fledged campus, with free food, laundry and massages :dead:, it’s no wonder they felt like they would never leave that place lol.
honestly those of us from the "trenches" know nothing last forever.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Okta
Tinder
Splunk
Wells Fargo
Clari

All had layoffs.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale