Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have they though? Because you would think with the remote work shift and then another back into office Dell would be selling laptops and desktops out the ass right now.

Can't speak for every company obviously, but the company I work for is pretty large, and that investment into hardware for remote/hybrid/office work happened back in 2020 and 2021. I imagine other companies did the same thing, and aren't as keen to spend money on new equipment as they are to make better use of what they have on hand.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Even a year ago, many of the posts on Blind consisted of tech professionals essentially bragging about eye-popping compensation figures and stock packages from various household names in the industry. Now, Blind is filled with posts from workers comforting each other about how to get through periods of unemployment.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Homegirl of mine got on with Intel about 8 months ago. Making 140K, free medical, fully remote, flex PTO. Just told today, 6% salary cut, 401k down to 2% from 9, and no bonus this quarter.

She’s probably cheaper than the other within her team. She’s looking for a job now just in case they cut her the next round.