Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My uncle said he saw it coming and figured it out decades ago so his made financial moves to ensure he could retire early. He and a few of my aunts chucked the duces at 50 and have been traveling and chillin.

I’m trying to get it together and make some shyt happen so I can do the same in 20yrs.

White dude strolled into my office today and the doctor got all in his business. By the end of the visit we all learned he invested in real estate a couple times and made enough in the sale + rental properties to retire in his 30s.

Man listen. There are ways to beat the system, but you have to know that you are truly in a system set up to keep you on the hampster wheel.

That’s the key right there you have to know. It’s an essential prerequisite to consistently motivating yourself to do what is necessary.

A man running from a wild predatory animal will always run faster than a man running for “exercise”. It’s the same activity but different motivation.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jan 31 (Reuters) - PayPal Holdings Inc (PYPL.O) said on Tuesday it is planning to cut 7% of its workforce, or about 2,000 employees, the latest in a list of fintech firms to be hit by the economic slowdown.

The payments firm also joins Big Tech firms and Wall Street titans, which are executing layoffs across corporate America as companies look to rein in costs to ride out the downturn.

Super dirty work going on

One of my friends just got clapped up by PayPal.

Saw the report yesterday, and thought he was fine since nothing happened yesterday.

Logged on and went to start his day, and was promptly advised that he was not fine.

If there's a silver lining, the severance package seemed pretty decent.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
One of my friends just got clapped up by PayPal.

Saw the report yesterday, and thought he was fine since nothing happened yesterday.

Logged on and went to start his day, and was promptly advised that he was not fine.

If there's a silver lining, the severance package seemed pretty decent.
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Depending on the position, small companies with tech divisions are looking for talent, so the average out of job rate is maybe 1-3 months (which seems inline with severance packages). Salary may not be at the same rate as BigTech: Reality Check v Pay check.

They cut all business related travel expenses for my dept. a wave of retirements taking place for those with 20+ years in, since the start of the year, hiring freezes - seems like
they’re trying to trim the fat before they butcher the whole cow. They still comp all meal expenses (breakfast + lunch/dinner) for those coming into the physical office to work. (Mandated that Anyone not coming in at Least 3 days a week are getting their office taken away, petty asf 😭🤭 )

Randomly they created a new position and hired a “consultant”, no one knows where she came from, she has no law degree and they’re quiet about what her position description is exactly. Did the research on my own about her background and looks like she’s contracted from an agency that specializes in “operational change” , legal technologies and Business wide efficiencies/strategy 🤦🏾‍♀️

Suffice it to say, if your place of employment hires a “consultant” - that’s a code word for a corporate raider rando who is more likely there to spy and/or decide if your job is “redundant” . Feels like the opening scene from “Margin Call” is looming on the horizon.

Thinking about this the other day -I have like a decade worth of shyt to pack up in my office :mjlol:- then I’m like, im too specialized with the knowledge base, Risk Mgmt/Analysis and Compliance are usually “safe”. I might be paranoid but rather be prepared for worst case scenario, they won’t catch me lacking. 🏃🏾‍♀️Basically I think anyone who Makes it past the chopping block over the next 6-9 months is alright. Massive cuts now as opposed to smaller cuts over an extended period of time.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Goodwin Procter, positioned at 17 in last year’s Am Law 100 with just a shade under $2 billion in revenue, appears to be in the early stages of a layoff.

We’ve already had layoff news out of Cooley LLPand Gunderson and even Kirkland. While the nation’s financial outlook is still dodgy, encouraging economic developments and a vivid memory of the Great Recession appear to have stayed the pink slip hand of most firms, firms with substantial tech work seem to be getting hit a little harder than the rest of the market.