Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
These folks really thought employers and businesses was gonna take a backseat without government intervention after the employee market tipped in favor of employees

They made that call and told them

perfectly-balanced-thanos.gif

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Agile like in agile coaches etc? These are the first people to go along with business analyst, software evangelist, etc.
Imho these roles are usually useless. I feel like as more firms improve their engineering departments these roles will only shrink

My take on it is this:

If you want to go on a vacation in 2023, you have all that you need at your fingertips to make it happen.

However, if you want a specific outcome and maybe you aren't the best planner, you are impatient, get anxious etc...you may benefit from utilizing a human travel agent or planner.

A lot of the support roles get added in environments where either managers or hands on workers lack the soft skills or the will to do things that need to get done to reach outcomes.

When it comes to making money consistently over time, soft skills like creativity, thinking ahead, being innovative etc are not negotiable.

The roles become useless to me when everybody (manager, hands on worker, and support staff) can't reap the benefits of the soft skills as a result of either personal incompetence or cultural incompetence.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But what do those cocksuckers brag about every year, increased headcount and growth. Fukk these a$$holes, fukk the stock market, and fukk unchecked capitalism.

Because that’s what gets them funding. That’s how we see so many startups get sky high valuations but contribute nothing. They are scams.

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I seen shyt ton of Latinos in SWAC bands lmfaooooo

I`m not mad at em, I`m just like black folks stupid if they don't understand DNC blacks = face cards for shyt they aint got nothing to do with us for the most part.
They selling you nikkas out for government grants. DNC koons done already sold us out lol. They tried to get us by electing Stacy Abrams as governor of gerogia so she could give free tuition for dreamers in Georgia (she said she would do it).

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need more of this energy. Zero fukks for 6 years collecting 6 figures from two employers.
:mjlol:
I tried that work two remote jobs shyt for a week and it damn near killed me.

‘I’m an adult, work extremely hard. I do not ask for permission,’ professor reportedly said

Last edited:
Daps
That's because there is a shortage of us(I'm an Electrician). There is a massive massive surplus of people in tech trying to get a job.

If there were more of us there might be layoffs more often.

Reality is tech industry is bloated and somewhat overpaid and it's about to come back to where they feel it should be.
Kinda makes sense. Tech is not like say, being an MD where you need a lot of schooling and dedication before making the big bucks.

Being very smart/quick learner is useless in medicine if you don't have passion. As such the academic and toughness "barrier" keeps a lot of people out of the job. By comparison.....a smart person with a knack for computers can jump in the pool much quicker. Lower barrier to entry = more competition.....and that doesn't include the H1B folks and other immigrants.

Went to school with a gang of Indians....about half American born. They all started in Comp Sci/Engineering but most ended up going to accounting/finance/business. They do comp sci/Engineering by default without considering if it's a good fit