Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
CarefulVacantBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We need more of this energy. Zero fukks for 6 years collecting 6 figures from two employers.
:mjlol:
I tried that work two remote jobs shyt for a week and it damn near killed me.

‘I’m an adult, work extremely hard. I do not ask for permission,’ professor reportedly said
I don’t understand why anyone would need or ask permission? Is the job getting done?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t understand why anyone would need or ask permission? Is the job getting done?
You normally sign a conflict-of- interest document at lots of companies concerning outside work. That's why you have to get permission so they can vet the job.

I didn't tell anyone because I was leaving one job to start another. But after a week I couldn't hack it and immediately resigned. I don't know how the hell this chick pulled it off for 6 years. Must be her white privilege.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You normally sign a conflict-of- interest document at lots of companies concerning outside work. That's why you have to get permission so they can vet the job.

I didn't tell anyone because I was leaving one job to start another. But after a week I couldn't hack it and immediately resigned. I don't know how the hell this chick pulled it off for 6 years. Must be her white privilege.

Even with a conflict of internet clause, I’d take the risk. :manny: These companies are trash and one job doesn’t cut it for most.

It really depends on the job too. I typically don’t have a full days worth of work and in jobs before I’ve sat months without a real assignment. I could have finessed many of times, but I just burned through the time or used it to learn.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The main thing I’m taking away from this whole layoff bs is to have a side hustle that you pivot into a full time career.

I’m already trying to get my liquor license sell on the weekends.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
My linkedin looks like a bloodbath :picard:
Conversely my portfolio is up, pretty much gained back all the losses from last yr in this month alone (YoY)
These FAANG CEOs are on some bullshyt with this fake ass "I take full responsibility" letters they sending out. Google is up 8% the last five days, so how many millions did Sundar make since he took "full responsibility" for impacting the lives of 10s of thousands of his workers :camby:

tay1

All Star
Daps
Neighbor works for Spotify. Recently relocated here and bought his place. Then bought a new car which he immediately placed a Spotify sticker on. fukking goof. Hope he didn't get laid off.
That's wild. I had a recruiter hit me up about a spotify gig months ago. Glad I didn't take that ****.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Based on the amount of skills being shown the door and the length of severances you'll likely see a boom of tech startups from some disgruntled workers.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

Breh I got a couple homeboys in IT that are doing this and I’m jealous…I’ve thought about it but there’s just no way I could make it work with my schedule.

I can’t really see how anyone makes it work unless the jobs are very hands off and/or non technical. Even if I could make it work with my schedule software engineering is too exhausting for me to try and juggle another job

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The main thing I’m taking away from this whole layoff bs is to have a side hustle that you pivot into a full time career.

I’m already trying to get my liquor license sell on the weekends.
U gotta do more than that breh. The liquor space is crowded