Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Everyone got hit. software engineers, recruiters, solutions architect, product managers, PMs , ux designers, cyber security etc. etc. lots of people got hit base on what I am seeing on linkedin etc. etc. It can easily happen to anyone working in tech.

It is not just those big tech companies, those are just the knowns so it makes headlines.

Based on my LinkedIn a lot of PMs, a lot of HR/people team. recruiters, other weird title roles that probably got made up in the last few years. Also developers but I wonder if these were poor performing ones.

Sending people an email or locking them out of their computers is evil and leadership should be named and shamed.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Based on my LinkedIn a lot of PMs, a lot of HR/people team. recruiters, other weird title roles that probably got made up in the last few years. Also developers but I wonder if these were poor performing ones.

Sending people an email or locking them out of their computers is evil and leadership should be named and shamed.
That’s the algo throwing things at you. The layoff lists is about 15% hr/admin, a good chunk but not “mostly”

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

nah I`m seeing people from all areas even VPs

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My homegirl got laid off from Google... but she was taking a mental health leave anyway.

My wife's friend was super stressed out about the Amazon layoffs.

Maybe I'm too cynical but beyond the ego hit of getting laid off, most of these people will be just fine. My homegirl at Google wasn't even trippin. I told her that the people who will be most affected are the ones that make working at Google their whole identity. I went to a Google event in Atlanta and those were the most uptight, pretentious nikkas I had seen in some time. My boy was like, "That's most black people in tech."

TBH it's mostly the Indians who tie their identity to their company. I do hope those people do some soul searching and realize there's more to life than working for a particular company. If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is

I stay seeing women taking these 'mental health leaves' lmfao won't even be shocked if that kinda stuff plus all the Social Media capping folks did during the pandemic added fuel to the fire (outside of the make shareholders happy shyt)

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been tracking the Capital One Agile Job Family layoff.

1100 people if I am not mistaken.

The blowback has been interesting.

I work in the Agile space as an employee and as a business owner so I'm watching for opportunities to make something out of the learning.

Agile like in agile coaches etc? These are the first people to go along with business analyst, software evangelist, etc.
Imho these roles are usually useless. I feel like as more firms improve their engineering departments these roles will only shrink

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah I`m seeing people from all areas even VPs
Yes, it's all over. Seeing a lot of management even and developers. It's all over but if there's a department that seems to have the most it's on the HR/people teams.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

spotify will lay off 6%

In my experience, typically HR and marketing are first to cut. Then it's like non performing departments and sales people.